Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harold Disgracey

Flying with Ryanair into Palermo, I will probably have to get at taxi or something from the airport to Cefalù. I intend to use Public transport, at least to travel to Palermo, Agrigento also accessible by train although I might see if there any organised day trips to the Valley of the Temples.

gawa316

Anyone ever been to the Murcia area? Any 'must do's or see's'?

The wife and 3 kids (13, 10, & 8) will be in tow

Aughafad

Quote from: Gold on February 23, 2023, 11:34:19 PM
Anyone any recommendations around Lake Garda, Verona, Venice?

Booked flights to Verona for next month but no accommodation yet

I'd recommend this below - stayed for 2 nights which is enough for venice. Moon apartment has two bedrooms even though there was just the two of us for 350 euros all in. Breakfast wasn't great but the room was fantastic.

https://www.cadeidogi.it/?_ga=2.86686104.1651965493.1679354462-230637224.1679354462

downtown

Hi folks , looking a few recommendations for a family holiday pls. Children 3-7. Been to centre parks a few times . V impressed with it but the wife looking to go further a field this summer. Any ideas for Scotland , eng or wales ? Thinking of taking the yoke and getting the boat across . Would be part of the experience for the children . Thanks in advance

Dougal Maguire

Why not head to France?  Scotland is full of midges in summer. Check out a crowd called venue holidays they used to have great value for tents/mobile home holidays in France Spain and Italy
Careful now

LeoMc

Quote from: downtown on May 05, 2023, 09:22:27 AM
Hi folks , looking a few recommendations for a family holiday pls. Children 3-7. Been to centre parks a few times . V impressed with it but the wife looking to go further a field this summer. Any ideas for Scotland , eng or wales ? Thinking of taking the yoke and getting the boat across . Would be part of the experience for the children . Thanks in advance
Somewhere near Reading / Windsor. Lego land, Peppa pig world and a day in London on a tour bus.

LeoMc

Quote from: gawa316 on March 20, 2023, 08:01:53 PM

Not much to it when I was there (15 years ago) the bars round Paddys point and the beach, but that was all I wanted.

Armaghtothebone

Not an experience that I'd wish on my kids.

Had to do a long journey on M6  a couple of weeks ago.  Absolute nightmare.  Stop start for 5 hours.

The run from Holyhead to Chester is a beautiful drive and there was little traffic.

Have a look at Keycamp in France. We did it for years when the kids were younger .

David McKeown

Quote from: gawa316 on March 20, 2023, 08:01:53 PM

Spent a lot of time in the Murcia area as I have family over there. I find it a great spot. Unfortunately the Mar Menor has become very polluted in recent years which is a great pity as it used to be a great spot for water sports so I would avoid beaches on it.

Apart from that Murcia is a nice city with a bit of culture. Cartagena with its Roman amphitheatre and first submarine is a good spot too.

Plenty of good golf in the area too if you are into that.

You aren't too far from Alicante and dare I say it Benidorm if that interests you or the kids. I only go there for the theme and water parks (there's a decent water park in Murcia as well) but each to their own.

Food is great in the area and depending on where exactly you are there are some great restaurants in small towns nearby.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

ziggy90

Quote from: Armaghtothebone on May 05, 2023, 10:18:15 PM

Not an experience that I'd wish on my kids.

Had to do a long journey on M6  a couple of weeks ago.  Absolute nightmare.  Stop start for 5 hours.

The run from Holyhead to Chester is a beautiful drive and there was little traffic

Have a look at Keycamp in France. We did it for years when the kids were younger

Holyhead to Birmingham via the A5 and through Eryri (Snowdonia) is even nicer and cuts out the worst of the (road to hell) M6.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Louther

Looking at a sun break in October/November midterm break.

Is the Canary Islands the only guaranteed sun destination? Algrave or Southern Spain an option but can be unlucky with weather. Don't want/expect roasting sun but would like heat/dry/warm weather.

Taylor

Quote from: Louther on May 23, 2023, 03:42:03 PM

Is the Canary Islands the only guaranteed sun destination? Algrave or Southern Spain an option but can be unlucky with weather. Don't want/expect roasting sun but would like heat/dry/warm weather.

Canaries will be your best bet for sun at that stage in the year.

Maybe Morocco/Tunisia but they arent for everyone.

Gold

Quote from: Louther on May 23, 2023, 03:42:03 PM

Go to Marrakech in Morocco.  Thank me after

3 hour flight from Dublin, different culture, treated fantastically in their hotels (Riads) and weather incredible.  Can sunbath on top floor of 2 storey Riad and sightsee during the day

Camel riding,  hot air balloons and markets (souks)

It's 1st class. In from the sea so warm that time of year
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

urbangael

Going to a Eurocamp not far from Amsterdam.. Has anyone ever been.  Looking to know what to expect?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: urbangael on May 23, 2023, 08:25:10 PM
Going to a Eurocamp not far from Amsterdam.. Has anyone ever been.  Looking to know what to expect?
Duinrell? Few posters have posted about it before and gave good feedback. The sister in law and family are going this summer and I told them it got good reviews here. Sweat will be on!