Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

Fancy Astana to go full gas for the Vuelta with either Nibali or Aru winning it. On the basis that Nibali improved as the tour went on and he is the team leader I would go for him. Don't think Froome will contend for the win, its almost impossible to carry off a Tour/Vuelta double and the climb's won't suit him as much as the tour. Quintana will probably reign in the mountains but Nibali can stay close enough to win it in the last week. 

bennydorano

Hard to know what will happen with Sky. Henao at 66/1 could be a value EW, if Froome pulls the pin at any stage it'll more than likely by him for GC, he's been racing a lot lately popping up on a lot of Eurosport's coverage, presumably with this in mind. Astana have a wild strong looking team as do Movistar. Valverde for the podium is a regular banker! (Not now as that's the official kiss of death). If i'd a free bet - probably Aru of Astana.

See Roche tweeting photos of a very dodgy looking sandy stretch of the TTT, carnage awaits.

bennydorano

Gonna be an interesting few weeks, Tour form lines looking a bit ropey after today's stage, lads have been on the gargle.

pullhard

Quote from: yellowcard on August 20, 2015, 12:28:23 PM
Fancy Astana to go full gas for the Vuelta with either Nibali or Aru winning it. On the basis that Nibali improved as the tour went on and he is the team leader I would go for him. Don't think Froome will contend for the win, its almost impossible to carry off a Tour/Vuelta double and the climb's won't suit him as much as the tour. Quintana will probably reign in the mountains but Nibali can stay close enough to win it in the last week.

Is out, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOblkKNpSrQ couldn't make it up

yellowcard

Quote from: pullhard on August 23, 2015, 11:17:25 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 20, 2015, 12:28:23 PM

Is out, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOblkKNpSrQ couldn't make it up

Backed him to win the Vuelta yesterday but he was deservedly thrown for taking a tow. I'll guarantee if it hadn't been shown on TV then they wouldn't have thrown him out. It's still a wide open race, Quintana went early then cracked on a short climb today yet still gained a little bit of time on other GC contenders. I wouldn't like to pick a winner at this stage.

Soup an Samajiz

Just wanted to give a mention to the Derrytresk Charity Cycle Giro D'Gullion that took place on Saturday.

80mile route up and round the Ring of Gullion and a climb of 5000 ft by novice cyclers all out in aid of the Leap For Luke Foundation and Derrytresk GFC. Superb effort by all and a fantastic day.
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

AZOffaly

Quote from: grounded on August 20, 2015, 09:27:57 AM
Coincidentally lidl are doing cycle gear on Monday I think.

bennydorano

Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on August 24, 2015, 09:14:10 AM
Just wanted to give a mention to the Derrytresk Charity Cycle Giro D'Gullion that took place on Saturday.

80mile route up and round the Ring of Gullion and a climb of 5000 ft by novice cyclers all out in aid of the Leap For Luke Foundation and Derrytresk GFC. Superb effort by all and a fantastic day.
Up and round as in not over the top of? Gullion would be a fierce hard climb for novices.

Soup an Samajiz

Quote from: bennydorano on August 24, 2015, 01:00:54 PM
Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on August 24, 2015, 09:14:10 AM

Up and round as in not over the top of? Gullion would be a fierce hard climb for novices.

Ahh up over it yeah, all 5000ft of a climb from Derrytresk Club and back. Very tough indeed

AZOffaly

In fairness the Derrytresk lads seem to have no bother getting up and over obstacles ;)

illdecide

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 24, 2015, 03:49:53 PM
In fairness the Derrytresk lads seem to have no bother getting up and over obstacles ;)

There were 8 of them banned from making the return journey home due to scuffles up in Armagh territory... Ain't that so soup  ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Soup an Samajiz

Quote from: illdecide on August 24, 2015, 07:14:57 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 24, 2015, 03:49:53 PM

There were 8 of them banned from making the return journey home due to scuffles up in Armagh territory... Ain't that so soup  ;)

Unproven nonsense! Whitecross men had no business being near those Jaffa Cakes in the first place, what did they expect! No discipline them boys. On this occasion tho I hear there's a few men more than happy to take a ban an never look at another bike again.

fearsiuil

Saw on another thread mention of cycling around the lough, presumably Lough Neagh!. Was up at family thing few months ago and went for the short drive to Ardboe & Battery etc. Seems very flat. How long would cycle be and is it doable for a novice?

Soup an Samajiz

known many novices to Lap the Lough, very flat as you say, think its in around 80mile depending on route variations, others here can correct me if I'm wrong they would know more

Soup an Samajiz

what about the cyclist bein bowled over in London.. Somebody was havin a bad day