Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerry

Got one done from a local guy who done it at his house, £40 for two hours. It was nothing fancy but well worth it.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

JimStynes

Quote from: illdecide on May 26, 2015, 09:09:39 AM
Have any of you guys got a full bike fit before? I'm booked in for one next week (£99) in McConvey's on Ormeau Road, Belfast. They say it's £99 for another few weeks then it's going to £200. I keep getting a sore left knee and splashing out on a new bike I feel the bike fit will help me (well hoping). The guy in shop said it will take 3 hrs for the bike fit...seems a bit long.

It must be that computer bike fit (retul or something like that) for that price. I got one done with cafe velo magasin. Totally changed the whole set up on my bike and a few little niggles disappeared within a few weeks. The main improvement was the pain and tightness I get around my neck and shoulder blades. Still get a little bit on long days but 100 times better than what it was. For that reason alone it was well worth it. At the same time I know another fella who went and he didn't change too much about his set up as it was good enough to start with, so a bit of a waste of money for him.

Did you get a bike sorted?

illdecide

I'm buying this one http://www.mcconveycycles.com/store/product/17286/Specialized-Tarmac-Comp-2013-56cm/ hopefully this Thursday and get the bike fit the following week. Glad to join you lot on Strava so I can see how bad I am...lol. Done my first one at the weekend there but forgot to stop it at the house and then cycled to the club with my 6 year old son on his bike so that def would have sent my average crashing...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

JimStynes

Quote from: illdecide on May 26, 2015, 10:45:48 AM
I'm buying this one http://www.mcconveycycles.com/store/product/17286/Specialized-Tarmac-Comp-2013-56cm/ hopefully this Thursday and get the bike fit the following week. Glad to join you lot on Strava so I can see how bad I am...lol. Done my first one at the weekend there but forgot to stop it at the house and then cycled to the club with my 6 year old son on his bike so that def would have sent my average crashing...

Good man! Don't worry about averages!! When you look at the average speeds in the Ras there over the past week then we can all look at how crap we are haha

heffo

Anyone doing the Wicklow 200 Sunday week??

bennydorano

Yes, 3rd time, should be 4th, but i wussed out last year because of ghe shite weather, don't wanna scud it this year but long range forecast is looking good.

JimStynes

Quote from: heffo on May 28, 2015, 09:43:36 PM
Anyone doing the Wicklow 200 Sunday week??

Yeah. Making my debut! Hopefully have enough training done to get round without dying! Was meant to be doing Mick Byrne 200 on Sunday but I think I am going to pussy out of it and do Tour of Fermanagh on Saturday.

haranguerer

Did you do the tour of Fermanagh last year Jim? I think I remember chatting a few lads from your part of the world (if your part of the world is lurgan which I think it is) at it.

illdecide

Quote from: haranguerer on May 29, 2015, 08:28:36 AM
Did you do the tour of Fermanagh last year Jim? I think I remember chatting a few lads from your part of the world (if your part of the world is lurgan which I think it is) at it.

There's no way he's a Lurgan man...He's a bit soft (Antrim man ;))
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

majestic

I've just order the clip in pedals and shoes  for my road bike - bit of a novice really! Longest cycle is 45 miles in exactly three hours! Carrying some extra beef so struggle with the hills - do yous reckon i'll notice much of a difference with the new gear?

bennydorano

They are a good help, more efficient power transfer.  Organised group cycling would also bring you on.

JimStynes

Quote from: illdecide on May 29, 2015, 10:39:05 AM

There's no way he's a Lurgan man...He's a bit soft (Antrim man ;))

Def not Lurgan or an antrim man! I'm an aghagallon man! We head into Lurgan every now and again to beat them in football and take their women.

JimStynes

Didn't do it last year but doing it with another fella from Apollo Cycling Club in Lurgan. He did it last year so it my well have been him.

haranguerer

Think there was a few of them. Doubt I'll get to do it this year, haven't been well, though recovering now and tempted to give it a lash