MPs unite to fight law that will make abortions available in Northern Ireland

Started by Maguire01, July 24, 2008, 10:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the abortion act be extended to Northern Ireland?

Yes
47 (44.8%)
No
58 (55.2%)

Total Members Voted: 105

sid waddell

Quote from: Taylor on October 22, 2019, 02:02:10 PM
Quote from: tyrone girl on October 22, 2019, 01:42:24 PM
Something that does really annoy me however is those with such a differing opinion goading me for not agreeing with them.

Close enough family members who are staunchly pro life. Cannot accept that i am pro-choice! I respect their right to have whatever opinion they wish whether i agree or not. Why cant they see that i am also entitled to hold whatever view i wish also  >:(

No one is allowed differing views nowadays else the other side will ram their opinion down your throat.
What you meant to say is "I can't utter my bigoted views without being challenged on them, and I hate that"

The problem for religuious fundies and woman haters is that they can't defend their views without coming across as nuts

Free speech has never been freer

But hey, play the imagined victim all you want

There's no such a thing as the thought police, even though you'd love if there were

It is yourself that is fundamentally anti-free speech

five points

Quote from: sid waddell on October 22, 2019, 01:56:48 PM
Quote from: five points on October 22, 2019, 12:33:06 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on October 22, 2019, 10:49:50 AM
It says it all that the pro-death, anti-abortionist cult is now the cause celebre of racist scum like Gemma O'Doherty,

Gemma O'Doherty tweeted support for last year's referendum Yes vote.
No, she didn't

It's weird that you feel you have to lie about such a matter

O'Doherty is a pro-death, anti-abortionist nutcase

I haven't lied.

https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1033679212492873728

An apology would be nice.

sid waddell

Quote from: RedHand88 on October 22, 2019, 02:06:19 PM
Quote from: five points on October 22, 2019, 02:03:27 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on October 22, 2019, 02:00:32 PM
And countries which ban abortion have a higher rate of abortion than those which don't
{{Citation needed}}

What a load of nonsense. If this was true, shouldn't you be fighting to keep it banned so as to give more women the option of availing of abortion services?
It's lads like yourself that have been doing that

Lads like you never had a problem with backstreet abortions because you've never given a shit abut the health of women

sid waddell

Quote from: five points on October 22, 2019, 02:13:14 PM
It says it all that the pro-death, anti-abortionist cult is now the cause celebre of racist scum like Gemma O'Doherty,

No, she didn't

I haven't lied.

O'Doherty was against the abolition of the 8th Amendment and specifically stated so

And she's made no doubt whatsoever of her viciously anti-choice stance since, in amongst all the racism and anti-semitism that now go hand in hand with the screaming anti-choice nutcases in Ireland

trueblue1234

Quote from: sid waddell on October 22, 2019, 02:15:48 PM
And countries which ban abortion have a higher rate of abortion than those which don't
{{Citation needed}}

What a load of nonsense. If this was true, shouldn't you be fighting to keep it banned so as to give more women the option of availing of abortion services?

Lads like you never had a problem with backstreet abortions because you've never given a shit abut the health of women

Have you a link to that claim Sid?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

five points

Quote from: sid waddell on October 22, 2019, 02:19:04 PM

No, she didn't

I haven't lied.

O'Doherty was against the abolition of the 8th Amendment and specifically stated so

And she's made no doubt whatsoever of her viciously anti-choice stance since, in amongst all the racism and anti-semitism that now go hand in hand with the screaming anti-choice nutcases in Ireland

I made a statement. You accused me of lying. I produced evidence to support my statement. Instead of admitting your error, you go off an another rant.  ::)

Taylor

Quote from: sid waddell on October 22, 2019, 02:07:02 PM
Something that does really annoy me however is those with such a differing opinion goading me for not agreeing with them.

Close enough family members who are staunchly pro life. Cannot accept that i am pro-choice! I respect their right to have whatever opinion they wish whether i agree or not. Why cant they see that i am also entitled to hold whatever view i wish also  >:(

No one is allowed differing views nowadays else the other side will ram their opinion down your throat.
What you meant to say is "I can't utter my bigoted views without being challenged on them, and I hate that"

The problem for religuious fundies and woman haters is that they can't defend their views without coming across as nuts

There's no such a thing as the thought police, even though you'd love if there were

No Sid - that wasnt what I meant to say - not sure about TG, but if I had wanted to say that I am perfectly capable of doing so.

You do realise that not everyone has the same outlook and view?

Because they differ from your specific views it doesnt make them a bigot, religious fundies or women haters?

sid waddell

Quote from: trueblue1234 on October 22, 2019, 02:19:52 PM
{{Citation needed}}

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-care/abortion-rates-go-down-when-countries-make-it-legal-report-n858476

sid waddell

Quote from: Taylor on October 22, 2019, 02:25:24 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on October 22, 2019, 02:07:02 PM

No Sid - that wasnt what I meant to say - not sure about TG, but if I had wanted to say that I am perfectly capable of doing so.

You do realise that not everyone has the same outlook and view?

Because they differ from your specific views it doesnt make them a bigot, religious fundies or women haters?
It's exactly what you meant to say

tyrone girl

Eh i was saying exactly what i typed. I respect everyones right to have their own views. I wish they would allow me to have the same right.  ::)

sid waddell

Quote from: five points on October 22, 2019, 02:24:26 PM

No, she didn't

I haven't lied.

I made a statement. You accused me of lying. I produced evidence to support my statement. Instead of admitting your error, you go off an another rant.  ::)
Stating facts you don't like is not a rant

O'Doherty is a screaming anti-choice nutcase, quite literally, and a virulent racist with strong Nazi sympathies

five points

Quote from: sid waddell on October 22, 2019, 02:37:48 PM
Quote from: five points on October 22, 2019, 02:24:26 PM

No, she didn't

I haven't lied.

Stating facts you don't like is not a rant

O'Doherty is a screaming anti-choice nutcase, quite literally, and a virulent racist with strong Nazi sympathies

You were wrong to accuse me of lying. You still haven't admitted that.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: general_lee on October 22, 2019, 02:22:29 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on October 22, 2019, 01:07:56 PM
If anyone is wondering, here is a baby at 28 weeks.

https://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/week-by-week/week-28.aspx
Just curious, when was the last time you gave birth?

Joke of a post. You cant discount men just because they cant give birth. How will you discount the pro life women(in the 100s thousands)?
Almost as bad as the "healthcare" posts people put up or the "crazy religious zealots" posts.
The one that really takes the biscuit is themuns that post saying things like "what did the church ever do for schools, the poor blah blah blah". Emm weak arguments considering we have SVP, TrĂ³caire etc flat out on these matters.
I am not a mass goer but I do suspect the fact that the catholic churchs poor record on sex abuse is being used to muddy the water in this argument. Almost like "why would you listen to them sure they done this......."

omaghjoe

Quote from: sid waddell on October 22, 2019, 02:29:35 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on October 22, 2019, 02:19:52 PM
{{Citation needed}}

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-care/abortion-rates-go-down-when-countries-make-it-legal-report-n858476

Breaking news.... pro abortion think tank concludes that legal abortion is beneficial  ::)