Tyrone v Dublin - The return of the Jedi

Started by Fuzzman, August 05, 2017, 08:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gael85

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 11, 2017, 09:25:31 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 11, 2017, 08:45:16 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on August 11, 2017, 08:20:16 PM
Sorry Gael85, he is not suspended for yer game but could be for the final.

Aye if it happens again in semi he misses a potential final.

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that the suspension from multiple sendings off wouldn't carry to a final.

Heard same Benny.Think it unfair. A player could easily take one for the team. Only in the GAA

tonto1888

It's a joke. Nothing against McCarron but how can you pick up 4 yellows in two games and not get a suspension

RedHand88

Quote from: Gael85 on August 11, 2017, 09:42:27 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 11, 2017, 09:25:31 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 11, 2017, 08:45:16 PM

Aye if it happens again in semi he misses a potential final.

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that the suspension from multiple sendings off wouldn't carry to a final.

Heard same Benny.Think it unfair. A player could easily take one for the team. Only in the GAA

Suppose they don't want to see anyone banned for a final..you can see their reasoning. I see your point also like.

StGallsGAA

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 11, 2017, 10:17:48 PM

It's a joke. Nothing against McCarron but how can you pick up 4 yellows in two games and not get a suspension

Cos Premier League soccer rules don't apply to GAA!    ;D

Fuzzman

Dean Rock has been a very important player for Dublin the last few years and on the last few league games against Tyrone has scored the equalising goal or point near the end.

I'm just wondering how many of his 3.19 are from frees or penalties? I think he's become much more rounded player as he showed how he takes his goals these days.

My reason for asking is that Tyrone and Donegal the last few years have worked very hard on not giving away scoreable frees, at least when the game is still up for grabs.
Its probably because defenders know they don't have to be overly robust or physical because should they not win the ball there will be another body back to hold him up.

I think the winning and losing of this game could come down to the amount of frees Tyrone give away AND can Tyrone score the frees they get.
In the last few years Tyrone have got to quarter and semi finals they have created enough goal and point chances but have not taken them.
So far this year they have put up huge scores but only really in the 3rd or 4th quarter.

Would another draw be a surprise?
Would the replay be in Omagh or Clones?
Clones or in the Nell?
;) ;)

seafoid

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 12, 2017, 12:17:02 AM
Dean Rock has been a very important player for Dublin the last few years and on the last few league games against Tyrone has scored the equalising goal or point near the end.

I'm just wondering how many of his 3.19 are from frees or penalties? I think he's become much more rounded player as he showed how he takes his goals these days.

My reason for asking is that Tyrone and Donegal the last few years have worked very hard on not giving away scoreable frees, at least when the game is still up for grabs.
Its probably because defenders know they don't have to be overly robust or physical because should they not win the ball there will be another body back to hold him up.

I think the winning and losing of this game could come down to the amount of frees Tyrone give away AND can Tyrone score the frees they get.
In the last few years Tyrone have got to quarter and semi finals they have created enough goal and point chances but have not taken them.
So far this year they have put up huge scores but only really in the 3rd or 4th quarter.

Clones or in the Nell?
;) ;)
If Tyrone can maintain that no fouling in the scoring zone discipline it could get very interesting.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Gael85

Clones or in the Nell?
;) ;)

Of Rock 3-19 only the goals have come from play.

BennyHarp

Quote from: seafoid on August 12, 2017, 02:57:45 AM

Clones or in the Nell?
;) ;)
If Tyrone can maintain that no fouling in the scoring zone discipline it could get very interesting.

Dubs have mastered the art of winning the free in scoring distance for Rock. Yes, everyone will come on saying that Tyrone do it, but I'm just pointing out that it is a clear tactic from Dublin to go down in the tackle, arch the back to pretend your being held, grab on the defenders arm and go down and at times a blatant roll around clutching your face. The contact is made, the hill roars and the weak ref gives the free. Rock cleans up and the scoreboard ticks over. Genius really...and a definite tactic. Tyrone give away very few frees in games as their skill and discipline in the tackle is second to none, if Coldrick can bring a set of balls with him, then we will be in business. I don't think the current Dublin forward line will score enough from play and rely on the boost that a free taker kicking 8 or 9 gives them as it eases the pressure on their own shooting.
That was never a square ball!!

RedHand88

Quote from: Gael85 on August 12, 2017, 10:54:20 AM

Clones or in the Nell?
;) ;)

Rock hasnt scored a point from play this championship? Very interesting. What does he do when the fouls dry up against the best tacklers in the game?

Gael85

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 12, 2017, 11:50:20 AM

Clones or in the Nell?
;) ;)

Rock hasnt scored a point from play this championship? Very interesting. What does he do when the fouls dry up against the best tacklers in the game?

His game is about covering making space for other players. He did get 5 from play between 3 games involving Kerry/Mayo last year so he can still make impact against the big guns. He will never score 4/5 from play in a game

Buttofthehill

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 12, 2017, 11:50:20 AM

Clones or in the Nell?
;) ;)

I think if Tyrone don't foul, DUblin will get goal chances.

I think if the forwards hold there own and break even, Dublins cavalry will see them over the line. Big if of course.

rrhf

Tyrone tackle will be faultless. That has taken years to perfect. A weak referee that rewards the free winning antics of Dublin will be a crucial need for Dublin in this regard. Who knows. If pressure is applied and the the ref goes out to do a job on Tyrone. Over the years the fake punditry and the rte paranoia of losing banquet coverage...for all that tradition. You never know.

tonto1888

Quote from: hardstation on August 11, 2017, 11:09:59 PM

You just don't. It's not that hard to understand.

Who said it was hard to understand. It's stupid that you can et red carded two games in a row for picking up two yellows and not get suspended

tonto1888

Quote from: StGallsGAA on August 11, 2017, 10:59:13 PM

Cos Premier League soccer rules don't apply to GAA!    ;D

What have premier league rules got to do with anything

seafoid

Quote from: rrhf on August 12, 2017, 04:14:01 PM
Tyrone tackle will be faultless. That has taken years to perfect. A weak referee that rewards the free winning antics of Dublin will be a crucial need for Dublin in this regard. Who knows. If pressure is applied and the the ref goes out to do a job on Tyrone. Over the years the fake punditry and the rte paranoia of losing banquet coverage...for all that tradition. You never know.

It depends on the intensity the Dubs bring to the game.
Hitler told everyone he could stop the Soviets at the Seelow heights.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU