Started by Kuwabatake Sanjuro, January 02, 2018, 09:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: Hound on April 02, 2018, 08:49:57 AM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on April 01, 2018, 10:31:17 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on April 01, 2018, 10:18:55 PM
Quote from: Minder on April 01, 2018, 10:07:13 PM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on April 01, 2018, 10:05:46 PM
Easy when Hyundai gives you a car and you don't have to actually work a day as a Dublin player.

Don't know how many times this bullshit has been disproven

Some people don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

Dublin players got the month off work to train before the AI final. No other team got this privilege. Fact
Presume this is an April fool.

I know many won't believe this, but I know for a 100% fact that Cian O'Sullivan took just 4 days holidays in September. He worked full days on the Monday-Thursday leading up to the All Ireland (worked very late on Thursday after training, as mid/late September is busy season in his job). Took Friday off and Mon-Wed inclusive the following week, back to work on Thursday.

StGalls said it's a "fact" so it must be true
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Blowitupref on April 02, 2018, 12:34:54 PM
Quote from: skeog on April 02, 2018, 09:22:50 AM
Dublin are the barometer for the chasing pack,at no time yesterday did they look like losing.Mayo will have had a good look at Galway and i expect them to beat them in Castlebar.
With about 10 mins to play they were there to be beat. 0-13 each only 14 men and playing against the wind. Lack of experience and cuteness was Galways downfall i feel even Monaghan would have won that final yesterday if in that position with 10 mins to play. I agree Mayo had a good look at Galway and i also expect Mayo to win that championship game on May 13th

Mayo have had a good look at Galway for 3 or 4 years now and vice versa. We pretty much play each other every year. I don't think they will have learned anything earth shattering from yesterday. And likewise Galway will probably know 13 or 14 of the starting Mayo team already.

Thought some of the Galway players tired coming down the stretch yesterday. Especially the younger ones like Cooke, Kelly, etc who were out on their feet with 15+ minutes to play. Walsh was probably a bit slow to make changes and he had some good options on the bench but he left them sit there too long.

Interestingly enough Galway won 55% of all kickouts yesterday so they actually did better than expected on that count. They even won 5 of Cluxton's kickouts. All the stats from the game were fairly even. The main difference being Dublin's greater shot effciency. They are fantastic at working the ball into high % scoring areas and their subs always seem to make a difference when they come on.

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy
Thought some of the Galway players tired coming down the stretch yesterday. Especially the younger ones like Cooke, Kelly, etc who were out on their feet with 15+ minutes to play. Walsh was probably a bit slow to make changes and he had some good options on the bench but he left them sit there too long.

This was one of the main problems, madness to just run the bench in the last 5 minutes, incremental use of the allowed subs throughout the second half would have put Galway in a better position.

Dublin will only be better again in the summer, people are hoping that they are going to fall off given that the likes of Flynn and Brogan are winding down, look at Basquel yesterday, 3 points off the bench in the second half just shows the talent coming through, how many of the recent U21 championships have they annexed as well? All them young lads are coming into a winning machine, it's the ideal way to step up to senior.

Maroon Manc

Watched the game again, even more disappointed than I was. Four Dublin scores came  from long Lavelle kickouts and another one from a short one where Heaney couldnt control the ball. Dublin never scored from when a long Cluxton kickout. So many stupid unforced errors from Galway led to Dublin scores when under no pressure. Cooke, Kerin, & Conroy were all guilty twice of making the wrong decision when under no pressure which led to Dublin scores. I just hope they all learn from the experience. Dublin so experienced and never panic, apart from a 45 all scores were from around the D.

He's had a good league but Conroy was average yesterday, if Shane Walsh had made the errors Conroy made yesterday he'd be hammered for it. He made too many poor decisions when in possession. Bradshaw was outstanding yesterday, his best game in a long long time. Sweeney was excellent although twice he lost the ball when it should have been his ball.

galwayman

Quote from: Maroon Manc on April 02, 2018, 04:46:52 PM
Watched the game again, even more disappointed than I was. Four Dublin scores came  from long Lavelle kickouts and another one from a short one where Heaney couldnt control the ball. Dublin never scored from when a long Cluxton kickout. So many stupid unforced errors from Galway led to Dublin scores when under no pressure. Cooke, Kerin, & Conroy were all guilty twice of making the wrong decision when under no pressure which led to Dublin scores. I just hope they all learn from the experience. Dublin so experienced and never panic, apart from a 45 all scores were from around the D.

He's had a good league but Conroy was average yesterday, if Shane Walsh had made the errors Conroy made yesterday he'd be hammered for it. He made too many poor decisions when in possession. Bradshaw was outstanding yesterday, his best game in a long long time. Sweeney was excellent although twice he lost the ball when it should have been his ball.
Definitely should have injected fresh legs before the 61st minute for sure.
Armstrong and Ian Burke were big losses in this regard as they could provide impact as could Mike Daly who wasn't used yesterday.
Barry McHugh is a brilliant free taker but I don't think he offers much from general play in all honesty.
He hasn't the legs to take his man on (and I do know he kicked a great score from play yesterday).
Paul Conroy is a top class player but sometimes his distribution lets him down badly.
Overall though it has be a good experience for this team.
Damien Comer said two months ago he had never played against the Dubs even in a challenge match!

larryin89

A question posed to me this evening in the clubhouse here in Days Dublin as we reflected on the game.

What if Mayo absolutely annihilate Galway, does it mean the general public no longer have a notion ?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

RedHand88

Quote from: larryin89 on April 02, 2018, 06:08:03 PM
A question posed to me this evening in the clubhouse here in Days Dublin as we reflected on the game.

What if Mayo absolutely annihilate Galway, does it mean the general public no longer have a notion ?

The general public in general never have a notion and will use the most recent game as an indicator of form for a team!

Maroon Manc

Quote from: galwayman on April 02, 2018, 05:20:23 PM

Armstrong and Ian Burke were big losses in this regard as they could provide impact as could Mike Daly who wasn't used yesterday.
Barry McHugh is a brilliant free taker but I don't think he offers much from general play in all honesty.
He hasn't the legs to take his man on (and I do know he kicked a great score from play yesterday).
Paul Conroy is a top class player but sometimes his distribution lets him down badly.
Damien Comer said two months ago he had never played against the Dubs even in a challenge match!

McHugh has improved and has definitely added a physical edge to his game, the opposite of the soft touch I thought he was but his lack of pace and power is a worry but nobody can deny he's improved his game a lot so no reason to think he won't keep improving.

I doubt even the staunchest Galway fan would have predicted a league final prior to the season so plenty of reasons to be happy.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on April 01, 2018, 09:58:06 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on April 01, 2018, 09:56:52 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on April 01, 2018, 09:54:32 PM
Jaysus the analysis of the match on The Sunday Game there was absolutely pitiful. Not that it's a surprise.

What did the Galway representative on the panel say?

Couldn't get a word in edgewise in between Brolly blaming Paddy Tally for Derry being in division 4 now.

Paddy Tally has got some airing the last month, he must be delighted with all the attention.

Spillane missed a great opportunity to pull Brolly up on his comments on Comer, in fairness to Spillane he doesn't listen to Brolly so more than likely missed them.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Maroon Manc on April 02, 2018, 06:28:54 PM

McHugh has improved and has definitely added a physical edge to his game, the opposite of the soft touch I thought he was but his lack of pace and power is a worry but nobody can deny he's improved his game a lot so no reason to think he won't keep improving.

McHugh has had a very good league campaign alright. His freetaking is excellent and he's even been a bit better from play than I expected considering his great goal against Mayo and a fantastic point against Dublin yesterday. I think his lack of pace will stop him from scoring a lot from play though as he can't shake off top defenders. Only question now is will his freetaking earn him a place on the team once lads like Ian Burke and Michael Daly are back up to speed. I think Kelly will lose his spot to one of them and McHugh might be in danger from the other.

CJ2017

Nice motors for sale, you can now be as driven as the Dubs!

For sale 2017 (171) Subaru Forester €5000 off EX DUBLIN GAA FLEET, XC

https://www.carsireland.ie/1810027

https://www.carsireland.ie/1809984

seafoid

Quote from: RedHand88 on April 02, 2018, 06:16:26 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on April 02, 2018, 06:08:03 PM

The general public in general never have a notion and will use the most recent game as an indicator of form for a team!
You could extend that to bookies too.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Jinxy

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on April 02, 2018, 06:51:51 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on April 02, 2018, 06:28:54 PM

McHugh has had a very good league campaign alright. His freetaking is excellent and he's even been a bit better from play than I expected considering his great goal against Mayo and a fantastic point against Dublin yesterday. I think his lack of pace will stop him from scoring a lot from play though as he can't shake off top defenders. Only question now is will his freetaking earn him a place on the team once lads like Ian Burke and Michael Daly are back up to speed. I think Kelly will lose his spot to one of them and McHugh might be in danger from the other.

Small, light fellas are grand if you are bringing them on for the last few minutes against Dublin.
They have the fresh legs to find space and make a nuisance of themselves.
However, a small, light fella who has 60 minutes under his belt is no use against the Dubs.
You'd rarely see the Mayo forwards coughing up the ball the way some of the Galway lads did towards the end, because they are all strong in possession.
Turnovers are an absolute disaster when you're playing Dublin.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

highorlow

QuoteI hope Kevin Walsh learns from yesterday, Galway were too slow to make changes yesterday and given the way Galway play they couldn't react to the sending off although several Galway players looked out on their feet in the last 10 mins in comparison to the Dubs which is ironic given Galway are at championship pace now and the Dubs aren't even training

This sums it up and it is nigh on as predicable as the weather at this stage. Dublin are now even playing like they know the last 10 mins will see them through.

It's getting the balance right that's key, that pressing game on cluxtons kick outs wears out normal teams and the steam is gone from them in the last 10mins. Always thought too that Galway needed to find a way of getting a goal to win the game, they didn't create a single goal chance.

I think we will win in Castlebar after looking at that game. Simply because we should be able to keep a clean sheet goalwise and with O'Shea ploughing his way through the blanket we should create a few goal chances. We should be able to break even in midfield too.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go