Maigh Eo v Doire, Pairc An Chrócaigh, De Domhnaigh 13ú Aibreain, 1400

Started by macdanger2, April 01, 2014, 10:45:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: cockahoop on April 13, 2014, 06:58:44 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on April 04, 2014, 11:05:53 AM
ill preface this with i know mayo could still lose but it would be embarrassing in the extreme if they did ,
Derry are showing the league no respect whatsoever and its very unfair on the players from counties trying to Qualify when Derry seem to be trying to throw this game.
there should be a 'Bringing the game into disrepute charge ' to Punish  this behaviour.
I'm seriously thinking  about deliberately missing  my 1st league game in about 5 years , So what if mayo win against a team of Derry subs and a loss as i said would be a disaster.
next time you hear about a Derry club or CB whinging about Finance they should be reminded of sunday

shock horror Mayo shit the nest against 14 men in croker!!!

A quote like that leaves yourself as open as Rosnarun for ridicule in a couple of weeks time. Enjoy your victory. It was well deserved. But you have won nothing yet. When you have you can get on you high horse. (But even then there will be some one waiting to knock you off.)

currychip

http://balls.ie/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/docg.gif

I looked at the Fergal Doherty shoulder on O Shea, see above.  It's always difficult to be certain without slowing down to the second by second play to see what really happened.  I think it was shoulder to shoulder.  What I can see is that O Shea was definitely not hit on the face, yet he goes down holding his face.  It's no wonder Mayo have won nothing if this is this is the caliber of their men.  I have u12 girls playing and they are braver. 

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

ill preface this with i know mayo could still lose but it would be embarrassing in the extreme if they did ,
Derry are showing the league no respect whatsoever and its very unfair on the players from counties trying to Qualify when Derry seem to be trying to throw this game.
there should be a 'Bringing the game into disrepute charge ' to Punish  this behaviour.
I'm seriously thinking  about deliberately missing  my 1st league game in about 5 years , So what if mayo win against a team of Derry subs and a loss as i said would be a disaster.
next time you hear about a Derry club or CB whinging about Finance they should be reminded of sunday

"S.T.N." what a vile Ulster turn of phrase.

For your information Mayo win the majority of both their Croke Park and Semi matches. But carry on being an ignorant fuckwit spouting fauxisms.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Tubberman

Quote from: currychip on April 13, 2014, 07:10:40 PM

I looked at the Fergal Doherty shoulder on O Shea, see above.  It's always difficult to be certain without slowing down to the second by second play to see what really happened.  I think it was shoulder to shoulder.  What I can see is that O Shea was definitely not hit on the face, yet he goes down holding his face.  It's no wonder Mayo have won nothing if this is this is the caliber of their men.  I have u12 girls playing and they are braver. 

You sound as classless as your supporters around us in Croker today. Ignorant loudmouths, can ye not just enjoy your win without the nasty shit?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Hold ones face for protection when falling is instinctive when hit or in a fall. Nothing wrong with Mayomen.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Tubberman on April 13, 2014, 07:15:26 PM

You sound as classless as your supporters around us in Croker today. Ignorant loudmouths, can ye not just enjoy your win without the nasty shit?

They are spouting their bile already, lets hope the Dubs put them back in their place.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: cockahoop on April 13, 2014, 07:21:33 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on April 13, 2014, 07:10:34 PM

A quote like that leaves yourself as open as Rosnarun for ridicule in a couple of weeks time. Enjoy your victory. It was well deserved. But you have won nothing yet. When you have you can get on you high horse. (But even then there will be some one waiting to knock you off.)

I am very aware of Derry capabilities and at the minute are punching well above there weight but a lot of you Mayo folk have serious disallusions  of grandure

A sure we are nothing on the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland City of culture but sure we will be happy being back in Croke Park when it's Summer ;)

From the Bunker

I am very aware of Derry capabilities and at the minute are punching well above there weight but a lot of you Mayo folk have serious disallusions  of grandure

From what i see here most Mayo lads have been graceful in defeat. Acknowledging Derry were the better team on the day. Say we STN pays little respect to the endeavours of your team. It's like you are really not acknowledging the achievement of your team today and putting it down to how poor we were.

currychip

"They are spouting their bile already, lets hope the Dubs put them back in their place."

Jesus, hold on a minute.  Settle down.  I am only asking.  Was Aidan O Shea hit on the face?  I don't think he was.  I don't have any delusions of Derry grandeur but I would be embarrassed if a Derry "big man" went down and feigned an injury like that.  No need for the nasty replies.  Why don't you expect more of your own players?  What about a bit of standing tall rather than bitterness against the messenger. Maybe Dublin will stuff Derry but what about gallantry in defeat?  We should expect more of our big players, should we not? 

Syferus

Thought Derry's goose was cooked when Mayo went three up in the second half. Goal was conceded at the worst possible time for Mayo as had the game continued in the vein it was going Mayo would have had the five or six point lead that would have meant they were unassailable against 14 men.

It was gritty by Derry but Mayo can't have any excuses, the game was on a plate for them.

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on April 13, 2014, 07:17:45 PM

Hold ones face for protection when falling is instinctive when hit or in a fall. Nothing wrong with Mayomen.

Putting one's hands out to break one's fall is instinctive; holding one's face after landing on the ground  is not instinctive.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: currychip on April 13, 2014, 07:33:40 PM
"They are spouting their bile already, lets hope the Dubs put them back in their place."

Jesus, hold on a minute.  Settle down.  I am only asking.  Was Aidan O Shea hit on the face?  I don't think he was.  I don't have any delusions of Derry grandeur but I would be embarrassed if a Derry "big man" went down and feigned an injury like that.  No need for the nasty replies.  Why don't you expect more of your own players?  What about a bit of standing tall rather than bitterness against the messenger. Maybe Dublin will stuff Derry but what about gallantry in defeat?  We should expect more of our big players, should we not?

We all said well done already then the nomarks turned up as if anybody had ever heard of you lot throwing out the abuse.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: cockahoop on April 13, 2014, 07:33:11 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on April 13, 2014, 07:24:39 PM

A sure we are nothing on the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland City of culture but sure we will be happy being back in Croke Park when it's Summer ;)

Lol good job we aren't depending on the patriots of Mayo to make us part of your great free state!!lol

I'm from a Republic called Ireland. Buy a time machine little boy.

orangeman

Outstanding win for Derry. Brian Mc Iver is a class act. Derry are flying. Well done.

Derry and Dublin will be interesting.