Doire v Tir Eoghain, Celtic Park, Sat 1st Feb & on Setanta Sports 1

Started by Fuzzman, January 22, 2014, 03:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Club Rossa

I'm sure we'll see plenty of that before the year's out and no doubt some of our own boys will be at it too lol.

J OGorman

Quote from: Fuzzman on February 01, 2014, 10:14:45 PM
I'll second all of that Tyroneman. At seven up I genuinely thought we would win handy enough against the bulky Derry men. So many of them look more like body builders that footballers. Was very disappointed with lavery and thought Mattie had a quiet game though he was often double marked. Thought McCurry was very sharp and loved Grugan's sliced point though he should have had the winner near the end. I've probably not saw enough of him but have yet to see what Mickey sees in McNeice.
Still I'd taken a draw at the start and in such bad conditions a point is a great achievement with your reserve team

Bodybuilders? We've maybe the shortest midfield about, both with a ferocious appetite to win but not hugely built. Lynch has lost half a stone. Most of the team are lean. Must have looked big against you boys. Name one derry player who remotely looks like a bodybuilder

Carmen Stateside

Derry will be regretting all the misses. Missed enough to win two games.  Mc Neice very poor tonight I thought. Mc curry is great with good ball in but will he win the dirty ball? Looked like he pulled out of a few tonight. Mc brides black card deserved but two Derry men done the same thing second half and nothing happened. Think the Black card suited Tyrone as Big Cav was a better presence around the middle than Mc Bride. Ronan O neill looked good when he come on but was receiving the ball to far from goal. Would like to see him and Mc Curry close to goals.

sam03/05

Cavanagh
Gormley
McMahon x2
Penrose
PJ Quinn
Carlin
Stevie O'Neill
Kyle Coney
Cassidy
Mark Donnelly

All to come back for Tyrone. Most of them will be starters or big impact players come summer.
Tyrone have a serious squad of players if get everyone back fit.

God14

Man Marker

Quote from: sam03/05 on February 02, 2014, 12:55:21 AM
Cavanagh
Gormley
McMahon x2
Penrose
PJ Quinn
Carlin
Stevie O'Neill
Kyle Coney
Cassidy
Mark Donnelly

All to come back for Tyrone. Most of them will be starters or big impact players come summer.
Tyrone have a serious squad of players if get everyone back fit.

You are deluding yourself mate, Coney Ffs don't make me laugh. Cavanagh and Joe Mc Mahon, Gromley and O Neill are the only four who will an improvement to the team, the rest are no better than the lads out there tonight. How long do you want to watch Cassidy, Carlin Penrose, time to move on.

kickingmule

Cassidy if injury free the best midfielder around, Time to cull mckenna's x3 + Mc neice, Mc bride, no where near county standard and
Harte needs to get his act together or he could be joining them.
The rest of the new comers have been very impressive.
Con Grugan looks a great prospect, but disappointed with Ronan O'Neills  workrate when interduced.

Wildweasel74

Truth is, Penrose, Justin McMahon, M pentrose and mark Donnelly are the only ones out of that set that will start next summer, O`Neill, Gormley, J McMahon and a few of the other will be on the bench, you gota move with the times, kerry great players of the same age group has mostly retired outside of 3/4 of the younger ones from that time, the days of relying on O`Neill, Gormley etc are over, and best they will offer is a big lift coming off the bench, if Tyrone is to get the best out of them

BennyHarp

Quote from: kickingmule on February 02, 2014, 01:41:27 AM
Cassidy if injury free the best midfielder around, Time to cull mckenna's x3 + Mc neice, Mc bride, no where near county standard and
Harte needs to get his act together or he could be joining them.
The rest of the new comers have been very impressive.
Con Grugan looks a great prospect, but disappointed with Ronan O'Neills  workrate when interduced.

Jesus wept, we won each game in the McKenna cup showing great promise and one game into the NFL, after not even losing an away fixture to a fairly decent Derry team, with a number of experienced heads missing and you're talking of culling the squad and getting rid of Mickey? There really is a fair few lads in our county who would need to catch themselves on.

Gormley, Cavanagh, Joe McMahon, maybe Mark Donnelly and O'Neill from the bench will make a massive difference to any team. I thought there was many very positive signs last night in difficult conditions and perhaps the lack of experience (which the returning lads will provide) cost us from seeing the game out. But with 10 mins to go we showed good fighting spirit not to lose that game as the tide had most certainly turned in Derry's favour. Mickey is clearly tinkering with a new, more offence style of play and should be praised for this and given a bit of time to see how it develops. Or alternatively we could just sack him??
That was never a square ball!!

Club Rossa

I reckon a fit Conor Gormley would be on Mickey's starting 15 as would Sean,Joe and Donnelly and possibly PJ Quinn.Don't think we will see much of Stevie,tortured with injuries.The others would strengthen the bench considerably and add great experience.

Who was missing for Derry last night that would be a possible starter in championship,McCloskey,Bell,Barry McGoldrick?

omagh_gael

Bennyharp, think Kicking mule was referring to Petey Harte and not Mickey.

sam03/05

I did say they would be starters or big impact players to bring on.
If we had them on the bench last night we would have won.
Serious experience and game management skills.
They will all have a part to play come summer.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Club Rossa on February 02, 2014, 08:15:00 AM
I reckon a fit Conor Gormley would be on Mickey's starting 15 as would Sean,Joe and Donnelly and possibly PJ Quinn.Don't think we will see much of Stevie,tortured with injuries.The others would strengthen the bench considerably and add great experience.

Who was missing for Derry last night that would be a possible starter in championship,McCloskey,Bell,Barry McGoldrick?

I'd say Mc Kinless, Mc Closkey, Ryan Bell, Emmet Bradley, A Devlin, B Mc Goldrick.......Skinner will all be in contention come summer.

rrhf

Decent game some good moments some not so good. Mr curry was class midfield was roasted but some of that may have come from very poor kick outs. Derry done a fine job on Tyrone s main men from the my Kenn a cup. there's no sending offs in gaelic games when mc quillan would let kielt stay on the field for taking a man out.   All in all I'm happy but a huge step up from before.

orangeman

Joe Mc Quillan would not have sent the Tyrone man off if it had not been for the linesman who brought it to the ref's attention.

It seems clear to me that the body checking foul is the really obvious, easier to see black card offence. The others, the trip, pull done, shouting at the ref and opponents will rarely be called.