Meath vs. Tyrone

Started by Jinxy, July 20, 2013, 08:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneboi

Both teams were as bad as each other with the fouling - nothing new here it's championship football.

tyssam5

Quote from: maigheo on July 27, 2013, 08:42:56 PM
First of all he said Meath should abandon the sweeper system without giving much thought that this would leave Oneill one on one with a Meath defender.And  he was on about Tyrone having over 70 per cent possession when it was clear they did not.
Quote from: currychip on July 27, 2013, 08:33:49 PM
Quote from: naka on Today at 07:53:40 PM
Ffs brolly talks some shite
Quite impressed by mc stay talks sense.
plus one.How Brolly gets paid for this is beyond me.McStay whether you like him or not talks a lot of sense .

Both of you - tell us what Brolly said to warrant your ire?

I thought Tyrone did have the majority of possession, Meath's attacks were a lot quicker and more efficient. I was happy with the amount of ball Tyrone won, but how we build attacks (or not) is still a bit worrying, though Meath did defend better in the second half. Tyrone should have had them beat by halftime.

Jonah

Quote from: tyroneboi on July 27, 2013, 08:48:23 PM
Both teams were as bad as each other with the fouling - nothing new here it's championship football.

tyroneboi

Quote from: Jonah on July 27, 2013, 08:49:49 PM

Ah the old face palm picture - ok then.

Asal Mor

No way. Who are ya fooling ffs? The cynical fouling was all Tyrone.

tyssam5

Nah Tyrone were worse at the end, because they were ahead by two points. But yeah when a team needs a goal in the last couple of minutes it's not exactly a new thing for the other team to foul them all the time.

tyroneboi

Quote from: Asal Mor on July 27, 2013, 08:51:48 PM

No way. Who are ya fooling ffs? The cynical fouling was all Tyrone.

4 of the 6 starting Meath got yellow cards - all the result of cynical fouls.

Line Ball

Could anyone explain why the National Broadcaster has to resort to delivering their programme from the corner of the pitch.  I'm sure there a quite a few free boxes with the times that are in it!

Wildweasel74

nothing pisses me off more than supporters trying to defend their team when they do wrong, take the blinkers off lads, if you meet Donegal or Dublin down the line and they do it to u will not see its wrong. What happened to players who could tackle

currychip

Joe Brolly, I love your donor shit, but you're nothing but a Londonderry w**ker
Report to moderator     Logged

What an insightful observation.  You are wasted on here.

Asal Mor

Quote from: Line Ball on July 27, 2013, 08:55:18 PM
Could anyone explain why the National Broadcaster has to resort to delivering their programme from the corner of the pitch.  I'm sure there a quite a few free boxes with the times that are in it!

I was thinking that too. Awful seats. You couldn't hope to analyse a game from there.

tyroneboi

I'm definitely not defending Tyrone - they committed a serious amount in those closing minutes but to suggest its only tyrone doing it in this match or any other game need also to take take off the blinkers!

Maguire01

You're wrong.

tyroneboi

Quote from: Maguire01 on July 27, 2013, 08:58:47 PM
You're wrong.

Ok

tyssam5

Quote from: Asal Mor on July 27, 2013, 08:57:06 PM
Quote from: Line Ball on July 27, 2013, 08:55:18 PM

I was thinking that too. Awful seats. You couldn't hope to analyse a game from there.

It hardly matter when they'd say the same old crap, no matter how the game was going! Harping on about fouls, when the masterful performance of Cavanagh was there to talk about!