Previous topic - Next topic

SkillfulBill

Quote from: twenty one yard free on May 23, 2016, 09:34:07 PM
Quote from: SkillfulBill on May 22, 2016, 11:24:12 PM
Quote from: Uncle Kev on May 22, 2016, 11:01:02 PM
Quote from: The Golden Years on May 22, 2016, 08:57:06 PM
Quote from: twenty one yard free on May 22, 2016, 06:08:06 PM
Quote from: GlenMan on May 22, 2016, 04:57:14 PM
Obviously a great performance from the Seniors against a very poor Derry side.

However, that Tyrone Minor team is one of the worst I've seen in a long time. There are a lot of young players in the County who could put up a better performance than those on the field today.

As bad a side that I've seen in years, Paul Dook oftener on the pitch and closer til the ball sometimes than some of the players

I know of at least 3 lads overlooked this year not because of their ability but perhaps you the colour of the club jersey they wear

Could someone from Carrickmore confirm that young shortie loughran must a been injured,he wasn't even on the bench.

Nope he is not injured. From what I have heard he only found out this morning that he wasn't togging out. If there is 24 better minors on the county than him than Tyrone should be walking the all Ireland.  If he was from Moortown he would be on and vice captain to his son.
is Paul Dook the manager? If he is the pure dogs bollix for making me feel like asking the previous manager to come back . Carmen and Ardboe in the county minor final and I didn't see many from these clubs on the match programme . Norris out of Coronation Street would have done a better job !

In fairness to Paul Dook he only had 2 moortown men on the starting team and young James is a fine footballer in hisown right. If anything Dooks need to combine county and club comitments prob work to the disadvantage to both this year. Moortown won 0 league games this year due to not playing county players and went in under cooked against their neighbours in championship semi. I would agree with the point on young Loughrans omission. Has been a quality player at youth level over the years as two has conor shields from clougher surprised he didnt make startinf 15.

Obviously you weren't at the game

There were 3 from Moortown who started and two of whom had til lie in a bath of ice to cool them after the roasting they got

I was at the game and it is pretty obviouse to me that clowns like you should stay away. To criticize young lads playing their first championship game for their county just because you dont like the manager is a disgrace. I take it you have never had the talent to pull on the jersey yourself.

redhandefender

Quote from: time ticking away on May 24, 2016, 02:52:36 AM
Quote from: redhandefender on May 24, 2016, 12:06:01 AM
Quote from: ose 14 on May 23, 2016, 06:47:42 PM
norf you are beating me with the wrong end of the stick. i am stating that due to the monstrosity that is garvaghey the acadmey system is a shadow of what it should be not that it shouldnt be. read the post. redhanddefender i could never substatntiate the drain garvaghey has had as you and me and every other gael that stumps up for it arent party to the sums. i have no particular greivance with anyone running the acadmey but its interesting that the previous incumbant left under a cloud when not supported fully maybe you could enlighten us a bit more on that. i havent seen the u 17 squad but i could nearly guess they will be small pacy and have one decent forward. a goalkeeper who will be advised that midfield isnt that important and they will all be handpassing monsters. yesterdays minor team only a year younger. i see iggy gallagher blamed it all on the cc and clubs for not giving them the time needed to train the team properly even though most of them have been through 15 16 17 dev squads. only time for 60 sessions come on we need 90.

Oh my god what a slabber, typical moaning GAA fan. Moaning about absolutely nothing!

1) Tyrone need a facility like garvaghey to be on par with the other big hitters, we are moving to an almost professional era. It provide everything we need in a central location for all age groups and teams. It inspires kids any time they set foot in it. Actually having played up there myself I can see how. There is a special feel to it. Every major county has this. It will be paid of in the next 10 years and remain there for good.

2) All financials are made available through club tyrone? What are you talking about? I doubt you put much money into anything apart from a daily new box of cleaneze to clean your computer screen,

3) Maybe you could enlighten me as to what you are talking about? The previous incumbent of the Academy left in a clud of smoke? that doesn't make any sense. The  previous development squads werent working, a full review was carried out asking for inut from all clubs and the academy was set in place reciving all the funds they requested. At least give it a chance.

4) You ahvent seen the under 17 squad but are going to go ahead and criticise them, they won everything this year and you have no basis for any criticism.

As I said, you are what is known as a leech. You bring problems not solutions, waste of time
Good for you all knowing guru.
2008 All Ireland Minor winners
2010 All Ireland Minor winners
2103 All ireland Minor runners up
2015 All Ireland U 21 winners,

Not bad for a system that wasn't working. i'm expecting some amount of trophies now we have put King Benny in charge of the ship.
My only query is how we let things go so bad for so long

Good stuff brains, you have just contradicted yourself in the space of 2 sentences. Were they working or not?

Some people in this county will complain no matter what, You clearly have no involvement in underage football in tyrone or you will know that by last eyar clubs were avoiding sending kids up to gravaghey because it was a mess. There was nothing permanaent put in place to oversee the coaching and appointments. That has now changed. You are writing it off before it has got a chance. It may not work but they appear to have went about getting the best/most successful people in place to give it the best chance of working. I think in all the development squads have lost 1 game this year. That looks to me like it is going quite well. But sure go throw out a few cheap digs at an individual or a big sweeping statement about the big bad money grabbing garvaghey to back up your argument!

time ticking away

Quote from: redhandefender on May 24, 2016, 10:42:21 AM
norf you are beating me with the wrong end of the stick. i am stating that due to the monstrosity that is garvaghey the acadmey system is a shadow of what it should be not that it shouldnt be. read the post. redhanddefender i could never substatntiate the drain garvaghey has had as you and me and every other gael that stumps up for it arent party to the sums. i have no particular greivance with anyone running the acadmey but its interesting that the previous incumbant left under a cloud when not supported fully maybe you could enlighten us a bit more on that. i havent seen the u 17 squad but i could nearly guess they will be small pacy and have one decent forward. a goalkeeper who will be advised that midfield isnt that important and they will all be handpassing monsters. yesterdays minor team only a year younger. i see iggy gallagher blamed it all on the cc and clubs for not giving them the time needed to train the team properly even though most of them have been through 15 16 17 dev squads. only time for 60 sessions come on we need 90.

Oh my god what a slabber, typical moaning GAA fan. Moaning about absolutely nothing!

1) Tyrone need a facility like garvaghey to be on par with the other big hitters, we are moving to an almost professional era. It provide everything we need in a central location for all age groups and teams. It inspires kids any time they set foot in it. Actually having played up there myself I can see how. There is a special feel to it. Every major county has this. It will be paid of in the next 10 years and remain there for good.

2) All financials are made available through club tyrone? What are you talking about? I doubt you put much money into anything apart from a daily new box of cleaneze to clean your computer screen,

3) Maybe you could enlighten me as to what you are talking about? The previous incumbent of the Academy left in a clud of smoke? that doesn't make any sense. The  previous development squads werent working, a full review was carried out asking for inut from all clubs and the academy was set in place reciving all the funds they requested. At least give it a chance.

4) You ahvent seen the under 17 squad but are going to go ahead and criticise them, they won everything this year and you have no basis for any criticism.

As I said, you are what is known as a leech. You bring problems not solutions, waste of time

Not bad for a system that wasn't working. i'm expecting some amount of trophies now we have put King Benny in charge of the ship.

Good stuff brains, you have just contradicted yourself in the space of 2 sentences. Were they working or not?

Some people in this county will complain no matter what, You clearly have no involvement in underage football in tyrone or you will know that by last eyar clubs were avoiding sending kids up to gravaghey because it was a mess. There was nothing permanaent put in place to oversee the coaching and appointments. That has now changed. You are writing it off before it has got a chance. It may not work but they appear to have went about getting the best/most successful people in place to give it the best chance of working. I think in all the development squads have lost 1 game this year. That looks to me like it is going quite well. But sure go throw out a few cheap digs at an individual or a big sweeping statement about the big bad money grabbing garvaghey to back up your argument!
I see irony is lost on you.
You are the man (or woman obviously), who seems to be able to make the sweeping statement that the previous system wasn't working even though very few counties can match tyrone's underage success in the last 10-12 years
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

GlenMan

Quote from: time ticking away on May 24, 2016, 12:11:20 PM

You are the man (or woman obviously), who seems to be able to make the sweeping statement that the previous system wasn't working even though very few counties can match tyrone's underage success in the last 10-12 years

The previous development squad system wasn't working at U15/U16/U17 level. Many Clubs were disillusioned with the system and stopped sending their players for trials. The system produced some good teams because the players spent most of their time training with the County and relatively very little time at their Clubs. That was a problem which the Academys have mostly solved.

rrhf

I have to admit the way the academy is run I actually think given time it will strengthen the relationship between club and county. 

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: rrhf on May 24, 2016, 01:18:15 PM
I have to admit the way the academy is run I actually think given time it will strengthen the relationship between club and county.

Agree with that.

They are actually taking time to invest in clubs and communicate with then. They are investing more time in schools here in N Tyrone as its the weakest of the 4 areas.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

redhandefender

Im not sure what the man or woman point has to do with anything?

When the coaching review and academy were set up we had not won the under 21 title and they are clearly a special one off group. My ambitions are to put tyrone up with Kerry and Dublin and for them they way things were would not be acceptable. Luckily the tyrone set up has nothing to do with you. Now get back to the school work, i'm sure you are enjoying Dick & Dora

time ticking away

Quote from: redhandefender on May 24, 2016, 01:51:13 PM

When the coaching review and academy were set up we had not won the under 21 title and they are clearly a special one off group. My ambitions are to put tyrone up with Kerry and Dublin and for them they way things were would not be acceptable. Luckily the tyrone set up has nothing to do with you. Now get back to the school work, i'm sure you are enjoying Dick & Dora
Ah good man, when your argument makes no sense just insult people.
Good to hear your informed opinion that last year's under 21s were a special group who weren't helped by the system.

omagh_gael

Can anyone summarise the main changes that have been brought in with the development of the academy and what cracks it has covered when compared to the previous setup?

ose 14

redhanddeferrer your awful cross and whos moaning. the topic is why did the most prepared minor team in history play as if they never seen each other. i asked a few questions yet you havent answered them only calling me a slabber and someone else brainless. no one else in this conversation is getting personal. look heres a few thoughts.
1 what percentage of sundays minor team were handpicked from the age of 14/15 by the acdamey trained and developed and won every development squad intercounty blitz going. anybody know.
2 norf this ones for you what percentage of yesterdays minor team were developed outside the acadmey system and assisted by club teams and coaching.
3 what percentage of club tyrone/ county board money goes to preparing the dev squads in relation to garvagheys costs or the overall preparation of tyrone teams in general.
for every one of them so called developed minors on sunday last how many others are not being developed.
if benny or iggy or paul is on this board dont be getting cross or personal its a discussion.

SkillfulBill

I am not sure if the current Academy system is the best method of doing things but at least it is a method which over time can be monitored through results. I assume that the number one goal for the Academy is not necessarily about winning minor ulster and AI titles but it is about providing a development frame work of providing senior players for the future. I cant see how people here can judge the success or failure of the method based on one minor sides performance in any single year. The Academy system can only be assessed over a period of time. I would also assume that those involved will review their methods on an ongoing basis making the required changes as they go. I hope we dint have kneejerk reactions over one bad day out.

redzone

Quote from: ose 14 on May 24, 2016, 07:52:40 PM
redhanddeferrer your awful cross and whos moaning. the topic is why did the most prepared minor team in history play as if they never seen each other. i asked a few questions yet you havent answered them only calling me a slabber and someone else brainless. no one else in this conversation is getting personal. look heres a few thoughts.
1 what percentage of sundays minor team were handpicked from the age of 14/15 by the acdamey trained and developed and won every development squad intercounty blitz going. anybody know.
2 norf this ones for you what percentage of yesterdays minor team were developed outside the acadmey system and assisted by club teams and coaching.
3 what percentage of club tyrone/ county board money goes to preparing the dev squads in relation to garvagheys costs or the overall preparation of tyrone teams in general.
for every one of them so called developed minors on sunday last how many others are not being developed.
if benny or iggy or paul is on this board dont be getting cross or personal its a discussion.

Lookin forward to hearing the answer to these 3 questions

redhandefender

Quote from: redzone on May 24, 2016, 10:48:51 PM
Quote from: ose 14 on May 24, 2016, 07:52:40 PM

Lookin forward to hearing the answer to these 3 questions

I have a life!

Such a complete and utter moan, if there is something you feel you can do better then put your name forward and present your ideas instead of sitting at a keyboard crying about unsubstantiated rubbish

redhandefender

Quote from: time ticking away on May 24, 2016, 03:47:25 PM

Good to hear your informed opinion that last year's under 21s were a special group who weren't helped by the system.

There is nothing to arhue about. You are trying to say the underage structures didn't need changed or that the new changes don't work. Neither statement can be supported.

I am saying quit your crying and do something about it if you have a better idea. At least they are trying something new with the right people involved. You are knocking them before they have a chance. there is no argument, you are clearly just a yap

time ticking away

Quote from: redhandefender on May 25, 2016, 12:23:52 AM
Quote from: time ticking away on May 24, 2016, 03:47:25 PM

There is nothing to arhue about. You are trying to say the underage structures didn't need changed or that the new changes don't work. Neither statement can be supported.

I am saying quit your crying and do something about it if you have a better idea. At least they are trying something new with the right people involved. You are knocking them before they have a chance. there is no argument, you are clearly just a yap

:o :o
Don't be such a bully.
Bet you wouldn't say that to my face
::)