Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: SuperHo on May 23, 2016, 01:20:24 PM
Glad to see Cathal McShane put in a great shift today.

+1

Me too!

It was actually his defensive game that impressed me. I must see if he can borrow it from Garvaghey and take it to the next senior game.

:-)
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

Anyone see Mugsy and John McCullough on twitter yesterday?

Mugsy- "Traveling to the Tyrone v Derry game, weather's really bad torrential rain and stormy. Same sort of conditions Ud find in Greencastle #GAA"

McCullough replied- "The way Cookstown is going it could be a while b4 u get to play in Greencastle again @owen_mulligan".

It gave me a laugh yesterday!

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 23, 2016, 01:23:36 PM
Anyone see Mugsy and John McCullough on twitter yesterday?

Mugsy- "Traveling to the Tyrone v Derry game, weather's really bad torrential rain and stormy. Same sort of conditions Ud find in Greencastle #GAA"

McCullough replied- "The way Cookstown is going it could be a while b4 u get to play in Greencastle again @owen_mulligan".

It gave me a laugh yesterday!

Brilliant
Living the dream!!!

longballin

Quote from: hardstation on May 22, 2016, 11:20:16 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on May 22, 2016, 11:11:39 PM
Just after watching the Sunday Game, shocked that they couldn't find any negatives in Tyrone today (not like them :P). Disappointed also that no interviews were given post match or by MOTM winner.  I was of the understanding that our county chairperson had resolved this matter and Tyrone would allow a representative to give the post match thoughts.

I understand Mickey Harte won't and shouldn't be expected to speak to RTE but it's not just RTE losing out.
Who is losing out really? McAleer & Rushe getting another 30 seconds on TV? They had over an hour on two channels. The interviews are full of predictable soundbites which will be covered by many papers tomorrow. It makes little difference to anyone.

Pity the Man of the Match doesnt get his award on air... I guess as the stance is so strong he will be refusing it altogether..

redhandefender

Quote from: ose 14 on May 23, 2016, 06:58:00 AM
the minors incredibly disappointing, like the look of grimes, though fighting rear guard action throughout. tyrone minor teams of the last 10 years have been of similar appearance. fast pacy and small most of them developed under a narrow selection process via the acadmey system currently in place. selecting 40 players at 15 out of a potential 500 club players seems a bit subjective and narrow. kerry keep 150 to about 16 kilkenny the same. that would never happen in tyrone garvagheys need for money means the acadamey system is a shadow of what it could be. also someone needs to address the mindless training that occurs with these squads and the longest running gaa competition in the world the mccrory cup. tyrone seniors and garvaghey is where it all goes and until that shifts we will challenge occasionally but not consistently, more on luck than process.
[/quo

Such an unsubstantiated, whining attitude.

If you have different ideas go up and join volunteers giving there spare time to keep the county moving forward and put something in place for the entire county for the future.

What knowledge do you have of garvaghey financials and what exactly is the issue? Can you provide examples instead of stupid sweeping statements.

Also the academy is only a year in existence and the current minor squad and management are outside the Academys. What exactly is your problem with training?

Maybe and expert like you needs added to Benny Hurls team seeing as you have a wealth of knowledge regarding under age structure and set up. The committee appointed asked for finance, set out what they wanted and got it.

Tyrone Gaa

Greencastle are in minor Grade 3, you wouldn't automatically expect County representation from a grade 3 club.  In Division 3 senior there is One county senior and his club didn't make the championship final or win promotion.  So that isn't an argument dead.  Carrickmore are a talented side at minor level.  Again because you have a great team you don't always have a team full of superstars.  If Tyrone won this wouldn't be discussed.

Tyrone minor management have a representation from East and West Tyrone.  I don't buy all this talk of bias.  On the day Derry were the better side which wouldn't be a shock when you look at college football.

Im sure the CB will review the season, try and right the wrongs and look to the future. 
Living the dream!!!

GaelTheGael

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on May 23, 2016, 03:13:03 PM
Greencastle are in minor Grade 3, you wouldn't automatically expect County representation from a grade 3 club.  In Division 3 senior there is One county senior and his club didn't make the championship final or win promotion.  So that isn't an argument dead.  Carrickmore are a talented side at minor level.  Again because you have a great team you don't always have a team full of superstars.  If Tyrone won this wouldn't be discussed.

Tyrone minor management have a representation from East and West Tyrone.  I don't buy all this talk of bias.  On the day Derry were the better side which wouldn't be a shock when you look at college football.

Im sure the CB will review the season, try and right the wrongs and look to the future.
Moy have one county minor who made the bench, Aghayarn had one minor who was the goalkeeper. Greencastle had none. Generally speaking Division 3 doesn't produce many County minors.
Seems to me that all the the tyrone teams are given a blueprint from Garvaghey and have to try and play the same set up as the senior team. Unfortunately this is not working with the majority of our teams and bigger more physically developed teams are turning over Tyrone at various age groups and this is where the changes need to be made in my opinion.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: GaelTheGael on May 23, 2016, 03:38:09 PM

Moy have one county minor who made the bench, Aghayarn had one minor who was the goalkeeper. Greencastle had none. Generally speaking Division 3 doesn't produce many County minors.
Seems to me that all the the tyrone teams are given a blueprint from Garvaghey and have to try and play the same set up as the senior team. Unfortunately this is not working with the majority of our teams and bigger more physically developed teams are turning over Tyrone at various age groups and this is where the changes need to be made in my opinion.

I don't think this is a valid argument.  So you are claiming Moy and Aghyaran minors are selected because the Tyrone senior team have representatives from these clubs??  And because Greencastle don't have senior representation their minors have been overlooked.

If I'm a minor manager I pick the best players based on my thoughts and system.  The management are in place for the county and to enhance their own reputation, certainly not for the good of their health.  A garvaghy dictated system is ludicrous!!! Why would a manager take the post if their selection process is limited.  Clonoe had a similar feeling towards the senior county manager once upon a time (maybe still do).  Players are picked on merit.

You may have the best minor in the county, but that minor may also have the worst attitude.  I wouldn't want him anywhere near a panel.

Things didn't work out this year but lets not start stupid conspiracy theories
Living the dream!!!

Norf Tyrone

Lads there is bit of an over reaction here. At minor football one bad game and you're dead. Season over. It doesn't mean the coaching/ management is bad. I don't know your man Benny Hurl well.

However the wee things I hear re the work at the academies is promising. There's definitely good solid, ideas, and structures going in there. If it doesn't work, it'll not be for lack of effort. I'd give it 4-5 years though before writing it off.

Re the East/ West thing. I don't overly buy that managers pick people due to area. There may be a little more familiarity with their locality but as far as I know these squads have 2-3 'managers/ coaches' now and 2-3 further people out watching games to watch for the ones that got away. For example there was an Aghyaran man in that role last year, and perhaps this year too.

This year there was 4 from the North Tyroneish areas and 10 from the Omaghish areas (Excuse my geeography if it's out slightly). So 14 from a 33 man squad.
2 x Aghyaran
1 x Owen Roes
1 x Newtown

2 x Carrickmore
1 x Beragh
1 x Clogher
3 x Dromore
1 x Loughmacrory
1 x Omagh
1 x Trillick

GaelTheGael

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on May 23, 2016, 04:02:54 PM

I don't think this is a valid argument.  So you are claiming Moy and Aghyaran minors are selected because the Tyrone senior team have representatives from these clubs??  And because Greencastle don't have senior representation their minors have been overlooked.

If I'm a minor manager I pick the best players based on my thoughts and system.  The management are in place for the county and to enhance their own reputation, certainly not for the good of their health.  A garvaghy dictated system is ludicrous!!! Why would a manager take the post if their selection process is limited.  Clonoe had a similar feeling towards the senior county manager once upon a time (maybe still do).  Players are picked on merit.

You may have the best minor in the county, but that minor may also have the worst attitude.  I wouldn't want him anywhere near a panel.

Things didn't work out this year but lets not start stupid conspiracy theories
I was just making a point that Grade 3 doesn't produce as many Tyrone minors as the divisions above. Which you would like to think would be the case as the higher divisions should be of a higher standard.
I've saw Tyrone minors and Under 21s get beat this year playing the same systems.

ose 14

norf you are beating me with the wrong end of the stick. i am stating that due to the monstrosity that is garvaghey the acadmey system is a shadow of what it should be not that it shouldnt be. read the post. redhanddefender i could never substatntiate the drain garvaghey has had as you and me and every other gael that stumps up for it arent party to the sums. i have no particular greivance with anyone running the acadmey but its interesting that the previous incumbant left under a cloud when not supported fully maybe you could enlighten us a bit more on that. i havent seen the u 17 squad but i could nearly guess they will be small pacy and have one decent forward. a goalkeeper who will be advised that midfield isnt that important and they will all be handpassing monsters. yesterdays minor team only a year younger. i see iggy gallagher blamed it all on the cc and clubs for not giving them the time needed to train the team properly even though most of them have been through 15 16 17 dev squads. only time for 60 sessions come on we need 90.

twenty one yard free

Quote from: SkillfulBill on May 22, 2016, 11:24:12 PM
Quote from: Uncle Kev on May 22, 2016, 11:01:02 PM
Quote from: The Golden Years on May 22, 2016, 08:57:06 PM
Quote from: twenty one yard free on May 22, 2016, 06:08:06 PM
Quote from: GlenMan on May 22, 2016, 04:57:14 PM
Obviously a great performance from the Seniors against a very poor Derry side.

However, that Tyrone Minor team is one of the worst I've seen in a long time. There are a lot of young players in the County who could put up a better performance than those on the field today.

As bad a side that I've seen in years, Paul Dook oftener on the pitch and closer til the ball sometimes than some of the players

I know of at least 3 lads overlooked this year not because of their ability but perhaps you the colour of the club jersey they wear

Could someone from Carrickmore confirm that young shortie loughran must a been injured,he wasn't even on the bench.

Nope he is not injured. From what I have heard he only found out this morning that he wasn't togging out. If there is 24 better minors on the county than him than Tyrone should be walking the all Ireland.  If he was from Moortown he would be on and vice captain to his son.
is Paul Dook the manager? If he is the pure dogs bollix for making me feel like asking the previous manager to come back . Carmen and Ardboe in the county minor final and I didn't see many from these clubs on the match programme . Norris out of Coronation Street would have done a better job !

In fairness to Paul Dook he only had 2 moortown men on the starting team and young James is a fine footballer in hisown right. If anything Dooks need to combine county and club comitments prob work to the disadvantage to both this year. Moortown won 0 league games this year due to not playing county players and went in under cooked against their neighbours in championship semi. I would agree with the point on young Loughrans omission. Has been a quality player at youth level over the years as two has conor shields from clougher surprised he didnt make startinf 15.

Obviously you weren't at the game

There were 3 from Moortown who started and two of whom had til lie in a bath of ice to cool them after the roasting they got

redhandefender

Quote from: ose 14 on May 23, 2016, 06:47:42 PM
norf you are beating me with the wrong end of the stick. i am stating that due to the monstrosity that is garvaghey the acadmey system is a shadow of what it should be not that it shouldnt be. read the post. redhanddefender i could never substatntiate the drain garvaghey has had as you and me and every other gael that stumps up for it arent party to the sums. i have no particular greivance with anyone running the acadmey but its interesting that the previous incumbant left under a cloud when not supported fully maybe you could enlighten us a bit more on that. i havent seen the u 17 squad but i could nearly guess they will be small pacy and have one decent forward. a goalkeeper who will be advised that midfield isnt that important and they will all be handpassing monsters. yesterdays minor team only a year younger. i see iggy gallagher blamed it all on the cc and clubs for not giving them the time needed to train the team properly even though most of them have been through 15 16 17 dev squads. only time for 60 sessions come on we need 90.

Oh my god what a slabber, typical moaning GAA fan. Moaning about absolutely nothing!

1) Tyrone need a facility like garvaghey to be on par with the other big hitters, we are moving to an almost professional era. It provide everything we need in a central location for all age groups and teams. It inspires kids any time they set foot in it. Actually having played up there myself I can see how. There is a special feel to it. Every major county has this. It will be paid of in the next 10 years and remain there for good.

2) All financials are made available through club tyrone? What are you talking about? I doubt you put much money into anything apart from a daily new box of cleaneze to clean your computer screen,

3) Maybe you could enlighten me as to what you are talking about? The previous incumbent of the Academy left in a clud of smoke? that doesn't make any sense. The  previous development squads werent working, a full review was carried out asking for inut from all clubs and the academy was set in place reciving all the funds they requested. At least give it a chance.

4) You ahvent seen the under 17 squad but are going to go ahead and criticise them, they won everything this year and you have no basis for any criticism.

As I said, you are what is known as a leech. You bring problems not solutions, waste of time

time ticking away

Quote from: redhandefender on May 24, 2016, 12:06:01 AM
Quote from: ose 14 on May 23, 2016, 06:47:42 PM

Oh my god what a slabber, typical moaning GAA fan. Moaning about absolutely nothing!

1) Tyrone need a facility like garvaghey to be on par with the other big hitters, we are moving to an almost professional era. It provide everything we need in a central location for all age groups and teams. It inspires kids any time they set foot in it. Actually having played up there myself I can see how. There is a special feel to it. Every major county has this. It will be paid of in the next 10 years and remain there for good.

2) All financials are made available through club tyrone? What are you talking about? I doubt you put much money into anything apart from a daily new box of cleaneze to clean your computer screen,

3) Maybe you could enlighten me as to what you are talking about? The previous incumbent of the Academy left in a clud of smoke? that doesn't make any sense. The  previous development squads werent working, a full review was carried out asking for inut from all clubs and the academy was set in place reciving all the funds they requested. At least give it a chance.

4) You ahvent seen the under 17 squad but are going to go ahead and criticise them, they won everything this year and you have no basis for any criticism.

As I said, you are what is known as a leech. You bring problems not solutions, waste of time
Good for you all knowing guru.
2008 All Ireland Minor winners
2010 All Ireland Minor winners
2103 All ireland Minor runners up
2015 All Ireland U 21 winners,

Not bad for a system that wasn't working. i'm expecting some amount of trophies now we have put King Benny in charge of the ship.
My only query is how we let things go so bad for so long
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

LeoMc

Crossmaglen are lauded for having consistent coaching and playing styles feeding through to their senior set-up.