Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twenty one yard free

Quote from: GlenMan on May 22, 2016, 04:57:14 PM
Obviously a great performance from the Seniors against a very poor Derry side.

However, that Tyrone Minor team is one of the worst I've seen in a long time. There are a lot of young players in the County who could put up a better performance than those on the field today.

As bad a side that I've seen in years, Paul Dook oftener on the pitch and closer til the ball sometimes than some of the players

I know of at least 3 lads overlooked this year not because of their ability but perhaps the colour of the club jersey they wear

Could someone from Carrickmore confirm that young shortie loughran must a been injured,he wasn't even on the bench.

GlenMan

Quote from: twenty one yard free on May 22, 2016, 06:08:06 PM

However, that Tyrone Minor team is one of the worst I've seen in a long time. There are a lot of young players in the County who could put up a better performance than those on the field today.

As bad a side that I've seen in years, Paul Dook oftener on the pitch and closer til the ball sometimes than some of the players

I know of at least 3 lads overlooked this year not because of their ability but perhaps the colour of the club jersey they wear

Could someone from Carrickmore confirm that young shortie loughran must a been injured,he wasn't even on the bench.

Totally agree that players have been left out due to which clubs they play for.

I'm sure if Devlin had the chance he'd play the entire Moortown team.

redzone

The Golden Years

I know of at least 3 lads overlooked this year not because of their ability but perhaps you the colour of the club jersey they wear

Nope he is not injured. From what I have heard he only found out this morning that he wasn't togging out. If there is 24 better minors on the county than him than Tyrone should be walking the all Ireland.  If he was from Moortown he would be on and vice captain to his son.

twenty one yard free

Quote from: redzone on May 22, 2016, 07:55:38 PM
Who are these players then

Conall Devlin Shortie Loughran Paul Donnelly are 3 aff the top of my head

redzone

He's decent alright. But I watched Omagh Cbs in the macrory and he wasn't starting there either strangely. The only player who u would pick out today who could step up would be that grimes lad from lough.

Uncle Kev

Quote from: The Golden Years on May 22, 2016, 08:57:06 PM

I know of at least 3 lads overlooked this year not because of their ability but perhaps you the colour of the club jersey they wear

Nope he is not injured. From what I have heard he only found out this morning that he wasn't togging out. If there is 24 better minors on the county than him than Tyrone should be walking the all Ireland.  If he was from Moortown he would be on and vice captain to his son.
is Paul Dook the manager? If he is the pure dogs bollix for making me feel like asking the previous manager to come back . Carmen and Ardboe in the county minor final and I didn't see many from these clubs on the match programme . Norris out of Coronation Street would have done a better job !

Il Bomber Destro

Think it would be very harsh to drop any of the lads for the Cavan/Armagh semi on the basis of today's game.

If Bradley misses out then probably Rory Brennan replacing him and Harte moving further forward would be the most likely change.

Serious competition for places.

Richie Donnelly looking like he's going to be a very important player for us this year. McShane and Richie Donnelly give us a lot more presence in the middle of the field and we did as well as I can remember in a long time when the kickouts hit the middle of the field though Derry was very poor in this area.

Tyrone Gaa

Just after watching the Sunday Game, shocked that they couldn't find any negatives in Tyrone today (not like them :P). Disappointed also that no interviews were given post match or by MOTM winner.  I was of the understanding that our county chairperson had resolved this matter and Tyrone would allow a representative to give the post match thoughts.

I understand Mickey Harte won't and shouldn't be expected to speak to RTE but it's not just RTE losing out.
Living the dream!!!

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on May 22, 2016, 11:11:39 PM
Just after watching the Sunday Game, shocked that they couldn't find any negatives in Tyrone today (not like them :P). Disappointed also that no interviews were given post match or by MOTM winner.  I was of the understanding that our county chairperson had resolved this matter and Tyrone would allow a representative to give the post match thoughts.

I understand Mickey Harte won't and shouldn't be expected to speak to RTE but it's not just RTE losing out.

Maybe the players don't want to?

Harte hasn't been the only one in the Tyrone set up who has been destroyed by RTE - Sean Cavanagh, Tiernan McCann have also been the subject of hysteria and double standards from RTE. The players seem to be a fairly tight bunch so I doubt they have little problem with it.

More power to them I say.

SkillfulBill

Quote from: Uncle Kev on May 22, 2016, 11:01:02 PM

is Paul Dook the manager? If he is the pure dogs bollix for making me feel like asking the previous manager to come back . Carmen and Ardboe in the county minor final and I didn't see many from these clubs on the match programme . Norris out of Coronation Street would have done a better job !

In fairness to Paul Dook he only had 2 moortown men on the starting team and young James is a fine footballer in hisown right. If anything Dooks need to combine county and club comitments prob work to the disadvantage to both this year. Moortown won 0 league games this year due to not playing county players and went in under cooked against their neighbours in championship semi. I would agree with the point on young Loughrans omission. Has been a quality player at youth level over the years as two has conor shields from clougher surprised he didnt make startinf 15.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: SkillfulBill on May 22, 2016, 11:24:12 PM
Quote from: Uncle Kev on May 22, 2016, 11:01:02 PM

In fairness to Paul Dook he only had 2 moortown men on the starting team and young James is a fine footballer in hisown right. If anything Dooks need to combine county and club comitments prob work to the disadvantage to both this year. Moortown won 0 league games this year due to not playing county players and went in under cooked against their neighbours in championship semi. I would agree with the point on young Loughrans omission. Has been a quality player at youth level over the years as two has conor shields from clougher surprised he didnt make startinf 15.

Young Shields was on crutches 3 weeks back so maybe he's injured.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ose 14

the minors incredibly disappointing, like the look of grimes, though fighting rear guard action throughout. tyrone minor teams of the last 10 years have been of similar appearance. fast pacy and small most of them developed under a narrow selection process via the acadmey system currently in place. selecting 40 players at 15 out of a potential 500 club players seems a bit subjective and narrow. kerry keep 150 to about 16 kilkenny the same. that would never happen in tyrone garvagheys need for money means the acadamey system is a shadow of what it could be. also someone needs to address the mindless training that occurs with these squads and the longest running gaa competition in the world the mccrory cup. tyrone seniors and garvaghey is where it all goes and until that shifts we will challenge occasionally but not consistently, more on luck than process.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ose 14 on May 23, 2016, 06:58:00 AM
the minors incredibly disappointing, like the look of grimes, though fighting rear guard action throughout. tyrone minor teams of the last 10 years have been of similar appearance. fast pacy and small most of them developed under a narrow selection process via the acadmey system currently in place. selecting 40 players at 15 out of a potential 500 club players seems a bit subjective and narrow. kerry keep 150 to about 16 kilkenny the same. that would never happen in tyrone garvagheys need for money means the acadamey system is a shadow of what it could be. also someone needs to address the mindless training that occurs with these squads and the longest running gaa competition in the world the mccrory cup. tyrone seniors and garvaghey is where it all goes and until that shifts we will challenge occasionally but not consistently, more on luck than process.

From all accounts the current U17s are exceptional, and Benny Hurl has only been in the coaching role a short while. I would give the academy a few years before throwing it on the scrap heap.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

SuperHo

Glad to see Cathal McShane put in a great shift today.

+1