Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Who? Paul Donnelly with the camogie team? That is months old if you mean him.

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 23, 2022, 04:07:50 PM
Who? Paul Donnelly with the camogie team? That is months old if you mean him.
Yes I do - I don't get out much these days ! you surprised?

imtommygunn

By you not getting out?? Not really based on posts  ;)

(I don't know much about Paul Donnelly tbh. It wouldn't bother me in the slightest he is away to down. Only thing I would say is I hope he isn't as good as their last manager / coach and Antrim can finally get one over on them  ;D)

Saffsof82

Quote from: country bumpkin on January 22, 2022, 05:06:33 PM
Only a friendly,  but Antrim had an easy win over Sligo today.....finished well clear of the Yeats county men.

Did big Pat play, came off with an injury last week in Portglenone.

country bumpkin

Quote from: Saffsof82 on January 24, 2022, 01:39:08 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on January 22, 2022, 05:06:33 PM
Only a friendly,  but Antrim had an easy win over Sligo today.....finished well clear of the Yeats county men.

Did big Pat play, came off with an injury last week in Portglenone.

Yep, Pat started on the bench but had a good second half.

Mc Ginley employed his bench to the full again and looked strong all over.

Tougher tests to follow, but the Saffrons look fit and ready to make their mark....

bystander

On a different note, anyone know if BBC Radio Uladh will be broadcasting National League games? Always unsatisfactory that they were relegated to MW rather than FM for other sports - but now the station doesn't seem to be broadcast on MW at all any longer. Will we have to rely on RTE for coverage?

rogercasement

The key to the Fermanagh game could be if Derrygonnelly lads are playing. I'd say like ourselves the league is the only competition of importance this year for Fermanagh, should be a good game.

bannside

Will be very interesting to see the team that lines out, and where management now see the pecking order. Have any of the newcomers done enough to break their way into a starting berth? Looking forward to heading down on Saturday night. Two early league points definitely there for the taking if we put our best foot forward.

delgany

Quote from: bystander on January 25, 2022, 09:05:02 PM
On a different note, anyone know if BBC Radio Uladh will be broadcasting National League games? Always unsatisfactory that they were relegated to MW rather than FM for other sports - but now the station doesn't seem to be broadcast on MW at all any longer. Will we have to rely on RTE for coverage?
Sometimes, you will find the GAA coverage on Radio Foyle digitial;/ DAB radio.

asaffgael

What way is the injuries clearing up in the squad for the weekend?

country bumpkin

Quote from: asaffgael on January 26, 2022, 01:09:06 PM
What way is the injuries clearing up in the squad for the weekend?

Several returned from injury but nothing serious I hear.....

bannside

If Eunan Walsh Declan Lynch Patrick Mc Aleer and Marty Johnston are all fit for selection the competition for a jersey on that half back line is serious. That's the way you want it though!

I haven't just managed to get my head around the Adam Loughran situation  and the reason he is not in the squad. 100% one of the best forwards in the county, I see he played for UCD last night.

County cannot be dispensing with talent like that without a good reason...imo anyway!

Saffsof82

Quote from: bannside on January 26, 2022, 04:24:26 PM
If Eunan Walsh Declan Lynch Patrick Mc Aleer and Marty Johnston are all fit for selection the competition for a jersey on that half back line is serious. That's the way you want it though!

I haven't just managed to get my head around the Adam Loughran situation  and the reason he is not in the squad. 100% one of the best forwards in the county, I see he played for UCD last night.

County cannot be dispensing with talent like that without a good reason...imo anyway!

Why is Adam out of squad Bannside?

bannside

I stand open to correction, but I heard he was surplus to requirements, ie - didn't make the cut.

If there is an alternative reason I'd be quite glad to find out!

country bumpkin

Quote from: bannside on January 26, 2022, 04:24:26 PM

Adam Loughran was never "surplus to requirements", withdrew from the squad to concentrate on his studies.....