What do you think of the new championship structure so far ?

Started by seafoid, June 02, 2023, 05:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Games starting to clock up, be No 14 for me this wkend. 3 Ulster games, 3 All-Ireland games, plus 7 out of 8 league game. Not taking in.McKenna cup. Some difference from 25yrs ago, maybe 1 game and out yrs, plus just going to home league games. Not a wonder GAA making money.

onefineday

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 01, 2023, 12:28:54 AM
Games starting to clock up, be No 14 for me this wkend. 3 Ulster games, 3 All-Ireland games, plus 7 out of 8 league game. Not taking in.McKenna cup. Some difference from 25yrs ago, maybe 1 game and out yrs, plus just going to home league games. Not a wonder GAA making money.
There was a time it'd take some teams 6 years to play 6 championship games. Lads could have played a decade of senior intercounty and played in 10/12 championship games.

Bar the ultra condensed nature it's pretty positive from me. It definitely helps that we don't have a stand out team.

Armagh18

Quote from: onefineday on July 01, 2023, 12:45:55 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 01, 2023, 12:28:54 AM
There was a time it'd take some teams 6 years to play 6 championship games. Lads could have played a decade of senior intercounty and played in 10/12 championship games.

Bar the ultra condensed nature it's pretty positive from me. It definitely helps that we don't have a stand out team.
yeah i think its brilliant. Ask any player if they're happy with more matches and you'll get a resounding yes i reckon.

Pricing needs looked at as you'd be out a clean fortune if you went to all the games, especially for families.

Louther

Wasn't sure where to mention this but GAA planning at its best. All Ireland Football quarter finals this weekend as is the Football Feile. While hard to find a spot, they could have been aligned with a hurling weekend and the Hurling feile on this weekend.

seafoid

Until it gets to the PQF stage, the new system makes predictions very difficult.
Mayo were favourites after the League, then they were shite after they lost to Ros, then they were great after they beat Kerry and
shite again after they lost to Cork. But they are in the quarters.

And Tyrone were shite in the league and inconsistent in the round robins but they are looking good now.
The tradition of basing predictions on the most recent information is no longer valid.