Tyrone vs Armagh - 3rd June 7pm - Healy Park, Omagh.

Started by samuel maguire, May 31, 2023, 10:37:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: screenexile on June 05, 2023, 11:17:15 AM
You can justify Mayo being above Kerry by the fact they have beaten Kerry!

I would have Roscommon on that top 6 as well tbrick.

So would I but he only picked 5.
The 3 games in successive weeks for those who don't top the groups will be a killer!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

tbrick18

Quote from: Rossfan on June 05, 2023, 11:31:10 AM

The 3 games in successive weeks for those who don't top the groups will be a killer!

Roscommon would be there or thereabouts.
It gets difficult to separate the next grouping I feel, Roscommon, Monaghan, Louth (can hardly believe I'm putting them in here), Tyrone, Cork....I put the 5 I chose ahead of all of these but not by much. Especially Derry.
Difficult to choose a top 10-16, but I think the AI winner will come out of the 5 I chose with a slight nod to Galway.

yellowcard

Quote from: trailer on June 05, 2023, 08:50:52 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on May 31, 2023, 12:41:53 PM
Quote from: trailer on May 31, 2023, 12:31:39 PM
Based on what? Beating Antrim, Cavan and Westmeath?

No delusion like Armagh fans delusion.

I'd say its probably more based on the fact that Tyrone have won one championship match in the last 2 seasons against Fermanagh while Armagh are unbeaten in 8 championship games. That said I think it will be very tight and I wouldn't like to call it.

Unbeaten in ZERO games now. Armagh get a small dose of reality. They are not a top team. They are not Div 1. They are not good enough to win an Ulster title never mind an All Ireland. They have a negative boring system that allows them to not get stuffed. If they went 15 v 15 they be on the end of some bad beating. McGenney has perfected the  "lets only lose by a few points" system.
Rian O'Neill for all his talent gets involved in far to much off the ball stuff. His red card had been coming.
Tyrone let Armagh back into it. Again Morgan with more confidence than ability almost gifted them the game. But it's a win. Onwards.

Armagh back in there f**king box for another while, until they beat the next Division 3 team and the county loses the run of itself again lol!!

We were penalty kicks away from winning an Ulster title and I think we were good enough to have won one. But the reality is that we didn't and it was an opportunity lost and I fear our chance may now have passed. We were never good enough to win an AI title and I never heard too many Armagh fans claim otherwise.

However if Armagh are as bad as you think then I'd be more worried how Tyrone limped over the line at home against a second rate team playing with 14 men. And if Armagh had been more efficient up front we would have won the match too. Tyrone have done nothing since 2021 to suggest they are among the poorest AI champions in recent times.

BrotherMore6592

Orange tears are delicious from the post above

The Coddfather

Quote from: yellowcard on June 05, 2023, 11:46:07 AM

I'd say its probably more based on the fact that Tyrone have won one championship match in the last 2 seasons against Fermanagh while Armagh are unbeaten in 8 championship games. That said I think it will be very tight and I wouldn't like to call it.

Unbeaten in ZERO games now. Armagh get a small dose of reality. They are not a top team. They are not Div 1. They are not good enough to win an Ulster title never mind an All Ireland. They have a negative boring system that allows them to not get stuffed. If they went 15 v 15 they be on the end of some bad beating. McGenney has perfected the  "lets only lose by a few points" system.
Rian O'Neill for all his talent gets involved in far to much off the ball stuff. His red card had been coming.
Tyrone let Armagh back into it. Again Morgan with more confidence than ability almost gifted them the game. But it's a win. Onwards.

Armagh back in there f**king box for another while, until they beat the next Division 3 team and the county loses the run of itself again lol!!

We were penalty kicks away from winning an Ulster title and I think we were good enough to have won one. But the reality is that we didn't and it was an opportunity lost and I fear our chance may now have passed. We were never good enough to win an AI title and I never heard too many Armagh fans claim otherwise.

However if Armagh are as bad as you think then I'd be more worried how Tyrone limped over the line at home against a second rate team playing with 14 men. And if Armagh had been more efficient up front we would have won the match too. Tyrone have done nothing since 2021 to suggest they are among the poorest AI champions in recent times.

Hmm let me think... highlights since 2021...

Relegating Armagh in March would be one  ;) ;D

BrotherMore6592

naka

JoG2

Thats it, that 1 weekend break will be a huge benefit leading into the q/f knockout

trailer

Quote from: yellowcard on June 05, 2023, 11:46:07 AM

Get back in your box.

The Coddfather

seafoid

I would take out the Dubs and replace them with Ros and Tyrone
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

trailer

Quote from: BrotherMore6592 on June 05, 2023, 12:34:20 PM
Any word on Rian O'Neill's impending ban?

It would be 8-12 weeks if he was a Tyrone player. Armagh will probably appeal and get it overturned.

naka

Quote from: trailer on June 05, 2023, 02:55:46 PM

It would be 8-12 weeks if he was a Tyrone player. Armagh will probably appeal and get it overturned.
indeded armagh will probably use Fearghal as their lawyer

screenexile

Quote from: trailer on June 05, 2023, 02:55:46 PM

How long is Burns suspended for as a matter of interest??

illdecide

Some wind ups and lads falling for it too...Bottom line is both teams played poor but can play much better and usually when they play other teams out of Ulster they perform much better. Armagh are prob in the top 10 but not nowhere near the top 5, Tyrone similar but def a bit closer to top 5 than Armagh (6-7). For me the All Ireland winners will be from one of Kerry, Dublin, Mayo, Galway and Derry but that is not in order just my top 5 which i'm sure 99% of people will have the same top 5. The next batch from 5-10 is Rossies, Tyrone, Armagh, Monaghan and Donegal.

Until the GAA change the rules this defensive style will remain, too many teams setting up to contain the opposition rather than going for the win. I said to the Tyrone lad standing beside me when RON got sent off "Why don't Tyrone push their spare man up into Armagh's forward line" that'll certainly ask questions of them and any team for that matter. No one has the Town Halls to do it in case it back fires...It very rarely will.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch