Ros v Dubs tomorrow

Started by The Hill is Blue, May 27, 2023, 03:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manfromdelmonte

The dublin 'fans' are a joke.
Booing freetakers and booing Roscommon holding onto the ball when the Dubs have done it on numerous occasions over the last 10 years

onefineday

Quote from: seafoid on May 28, 2023, 05:45:44 PM
Quote from: Schkite on May 28, 2023, 05:39:45 PM
Dubs not looking like anything special at all. I'd say there's a good few teams that would fancy beating them this season
Derry and Kerry also looked ordinary.
And gaiway didn't?
Mayo the most impressive team of the season to date. This truly could be their year.

seafoid

Quote from: onefineday on May 28, 2023, 08:01:03 PM
Dubs not looking like anything special at all. I'd say there's a good few teams that would fancy beating them this season
And gaiway didn't?
Mayo the most impressive team of the season to date. This truly could be their year.
There is nothing to suggest that Mayo's demons will not be waiting for them in the final . They have nothing to do with football.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

onefineday

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on May 28, 2023, 07:58:18 PM
Booing freetakers and booing Roscommon holding onto the ball when the Dubs have done it on numerous occasions over the last 10 years
They brought it into the game as a counter to the blanket defence. If the fans want to boo it so be it, as paying spectators that's their right.
I totally appreciate why Roscommon did what they did, but it is horrible stuff. It's up to the gaa to remove the possibility of that style (and the blanket defence).

onefineday

Quote from: seafoid on May 28, 2023, 08:06:30 PM
And gaiway didn't?
There is nothing to suggest that Mayo's demons will not be waiting for them in the final . They have nothing to do with football.
What's in their favour is that this is the first time they might actually be the top team in the country going into championship.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: onefineday on May 28, 2023, 08:07:06 PM
They brought it into the game as a counter to the blanket defence. If the fans want to boo it so be it, as paying spectators that's their right.
I totally appreciate why Roscommon did what they did, but it is horrible stuff. It's up to the gaa to remove the possibility of that style (and the blanket defence).

Dublin had all 15 players back when out of possession so such games takes two to tango. Possession in the first half had to be 60/40 in favour of Roscommon. That was main thing that frustrated Dublin supporters they didn't like that little Roscommon was playing the game on their own terms and controlled the contest 1st half. It was their errors that allowed Dublin get anything out of that game today.

Madness given the form of the two teams this year that Roscommon was 7 /1 coming into that game today but no doubt such odds was the team talk already done for them.

Quote from: galwayman on May 28, 2023, 05:24:57 PM
Quote from: sensini on May 28, 2023, 04:46:06 PM
Dubs are piss poor.

I expect us to win this 7/8 points. Only one wide bar Donie Smith.

Straight into a quarter finals. f**k Galway and Mayo Rossies are no 1 in Connacht.  Will be disappointed id we don't the final now.

Davy Burke no 1 manager in Ireland.  What were the Lilywhites at not appointing him. Kildare loss is our gain.
Shooting the load a bit early chief!

Newbie WUM pretending to be rossie.

seafoid

Quote from: onefineday on May 28, 2023, 08:11:19 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 28, 2023, 08:06:30 PM
And gaiway didn't?
What's in their favour is that this is the first time they might actually be the top team in the country going into championship.
Kerry have the same players as last year minus 1. They aren't great. If they got to the final they would beat Mayo. It's very sad. So was 2006.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

onefineday

Quote from: seafoid
/quote]Kerry have the same players as last year minus 1. They aren't great. If they got to the final they would beat Mayo. It's very sad. So was 2006.
I don't know that they would. I have no idea what you're talking about with regards 2006.

larryin89

I'm not sure what it is both of ye are trying to say about Mayo but there is no notions on Sam maguire been won by anyone I know inside of the county . It's crazy the way these notions develop .for what it's worth Mayo imo will be in good shape in 24 /25/26 to have a right crack at it but this year not on your Nelly with a rookie one to four can you ever think youlll be able to match what lies ahead in July , it's like a different planet to what's been played out now . It's mind boggling to think in a matter of 4 to 6 weeks the whole dynamic changes but it does . Slouches become greyhounds
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

onefineday

Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 28, 2023, 08:19:57 PM

Dublin had all 15 players back when out of possession so such games takes two to tango. Possession in the first half had to be 60/40 in favour of Roscommon. That was main thing that frustrated Dublin supporters they didn't like that little Roscommon was playing the game on their own terms and controlled the contest 1st half. It was their errors that allowed Dublin get anything out of that game today.

Madness given the form of the two teams this year that Roscommon was 7 /1 coming into that game today but no doubt such odds was the team talk already done for them.
I accept that this was partly a reaction to Dublin's lack of press in the first half, but Rossies were never going to approach the game any other way. Killing the click playing keep ball was always likely to be the best way to keep the game close, it especially made sense given the strong wind they were playing into in the first half. I'd say possession was probably over 70% Rossies.
Watching the game in the first half was like a big long game of piggy in the middle, not much of a spectator sport, I'd think most of ye will agree. Basketball had this problem, that's what they introduced the shot clock, that's not feasible for Gaelic football, but we can and must make changes.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: onefineday on May 28, 2023, 08:51:55 PM

I accept that this was partly a reaction to Dublin's lack of press in the first half, but Rossies were never going to approach the game any other way. Killing the click playing keep ball was always likely to be the best way to keep the game close, it especially made sense given the strong wind they were playing into in the first half. I'd say possession was probably over 70% Rossies.
Watching the game in the first half was like a big long game of piggy in the middle, not much of a spectator sport, I'd think most of ye will agree. Basketball had this problem, that's what they introduced the shot clock, that's not feasible for Gaelic football, but we can and must make changes.
Roscommon have done that in every game this year
Everyone and their dog would have known they'd do the same, except the Dubs
Dublin have been playing keep ball and draw a foul for a decade

Captain Obvious

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on May 28, 2023, 09:28:01 PM
Quote from: onefineday on May 28, 2023, 08:51:55 PM

Roscommon have done that in every game this year
Everyone and their dog would have known they'd do the same, except the Dubs
Dublin have been playing keep ball and draw a foul for a decade

Big trait under Jim Gavin along with taking on shots in the "scoring zones"  don't seem to be as good now at that under Dessie Farrell. Dublin have regularly used a blanket defence/counter attacking game themselves and can't be complaining when it's done to them.

onefineday

The complaint from me as a neutral is that I have to watch that shite and that the gaa won't do anything to limit it and the packed 15 man defence.
Game after game it's the same rubbish, cat and mouse for 50 mins of keep ball and if we're lucky a game then breaks out.
And that's at the top level, what's even worse is club football right around the country, where this non contact hybrid between rugby league and basketball is beginning to dominate. Intercounty we can just about cope with given the athleticism and invention that we can witness, but at club level, it's usually entirely unwatchable and not exactly fun for the participants either.

Rossfan

Apologies to Dublin GAA, Central GAA and all the Dublin fans for daring to play the first half on our terms, for leading at half time, for coming back to draw the game, for refusing to know our places and upsetting ye're normal day out by not rolling over and letting ye win.

WE ARE ROS💛💙
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Hound

Quote from: Rossfan on May 29, 2023, 08:37:31 AM
Apologies to Dublin GAA, Central GAA and all the Dublin fans for daring to play the first half on our terms, for leading at half time, for coming back to draw the game, for refusing to know our places and upsetting ye're normal day out by not rolling over and letting ye win.

WE ARE ROS💛💙
Yis threw that away.