Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 20, 2023, 11:30:07 PM
David de Gea: Manchester United goalkeeper wins Golden Glove

"The golden glove is not just about me - we have been solid this season," said de Gea, 32, after their 1-0 win over Bournemouth on Saturday.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/65659763

Just shows you how much weight one can put on stats.

What would be the best criteria for that award?

Getting it in spite of having Maguire trying to score past you is some achievement
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

From the Bunker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 20, 2023, 11:35:21 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on May 20, 2023, 11:30:07 PM
David de Gea: Manchester United goalkeeper wins Golden Glove

"The golden glove is not just about me - we have been solid this season," said de Gea, 32, after their 1-0 win over Bournemouth on Saturday.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/65659763

Just shows you how much weight one can put on stats.

What would be the best criteria for that award?

Getting it in spite of having Maguire trying to score past you is some achievement

It's the best criteria, probably. But it naturally does not take into account the Liverpool 7-0 meltdown and the Sevilla mess! There is only so much one can blame on Maguire. And in turn there is only so much one can blame on de Gea.

Cunny Funt

Award given to a keeper for a collective effort is a bit daft.  16 clean sheets this season is decent going when you consider the injuries and makeshift defence United had to put out at times this season.

BrotherMore6592

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 20, 2023, 11:15:30 PM
Quote from: BrotherMore6592 on May 20, 2023, 11:01:30 PM
Quote from: jcpen on May 19, 2023, 10:08:33 AM
Quote from: seafoid on May 19, 2023, 10:00:22 AM
10 years since Fergie time ended.. what a palaver

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/2023/05/19/michael-walker-ten-years-on-manchester-united-still-lacking-alex-fergusons-imagination/
10 years since they won the title, the years don't be long adding up.

And another 10 before they win anything else.

Newcastle , city will be the state run teams to beat for the foreseeable. United have been bypassed.

ETH is not the answer either , plain to see.

The man spent a fortune already and has barely scraped top 4

You seem a little too focused on Manchester United, the Arsenal you support handed the league title to Manchester City with three game to spare this evening.  As for Newcastle one record they are happy to lose.

Most days spent at the Top of the Premier League table without winning the Title.

1st ARSENAL 2022/23 - 248
2nd Newcastle 1995/96 - 212
3rd ARSENAL 2002/03 - 189

Evening captain Obvious, I see you're back again with the jaws snapping for a bite  ;D was it tasty?

Thanks for typing that out and googling the info, tell someone who cares, cos I sure don't

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BrotherMore6592 on May 21, 2023, 12:14:37 AM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 20, 2023, 11:15:30 PM
Quote from: BrotherMore6592 on May 20, 2023, 11:01:30 PM
Quote from: jcpen on May 19, 2023, 10:08:33 AM
Quote from: seafoid on May 19, 2023, 10:00:22 AM
10 years since Fergie time ended.. what a palaver

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/2023/05/19/michael-walker-ten-years-on-manchester-united-still-lacking-alex-fergusons-imagination/
10 years since they won the title, the years don't be long adding up.

And another 10 before they win anything else.

Newcastle , city will be the state run teams to beat for the foreseeable. United have been bypassed.

ETH is not the answer either , plain to see.

The man spent a fortune already and has barely scraped top 4

You seem a little too focused on Manchester United, the Arsenal you support handed the league title to Manchester City with three game to spare this evening.  As for Newcastle one record they are happy to lose.

Most days spent at the Top of the Premier League table without winning the Title.

1st ARSENAL 2022/23 - 248
2nd Newcastle 1995/96 - 212
3rd ARSENAL 2002/03 - 189

Evening captain Obvious, I see you're back again with the jaws snapping for a bite  ;D was it tasty?

Thanks for typing that out and googling the info, tell someone who cares, cos I sure don't

Care enough to respond
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 21, 2023, 12:44:19 AM

Care enough to respond

He certainly did. Here something I've googled just for @BrotherMore6592

BrotherMore6592

7 points from 7 games, complete bottlers and a disaster but still 12 points ahead of third and fourth place.

Doesn't say much for those in tow  ;D

Oh dear

But hey, at least the ribena cup is safely into the trophy cabinet

snoopdog

Not sure why an arsenal fan is on here. But I wouldn't say Arsenal were bottlers no one ever thought for one moment they would win the league. They weren't bottlers they just weren't good enough. Utd had a better season than them .that's for sure.

Milltown Row2

I'd prefer that Utd lose tonight and be losing the last game until the 93rd minute with De Gea scoring the equaliser  ;)

seafoid

Højlund the Atalanta striker is being linked to Man Utd but he is only a year older than Ferguson.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Cunny Funt

Deserved Champions league football secured and a trophy won equals a good first season for Ten Hag.  Matter of fact top 4 and winning a trophy in the same season hasn't been done by Man United since Ferguson was manager.  Home form this year was Ferguson like this season and main improvement needed next season will be away against to the top 10. 

nrico2006

Quote from: seafoid on May 25, 2023, 08:57:32 PM
Højlund the Atalanta striker is being linked to Man Utd but he is only a year older than Ferguson.

Plus Hojland doesn't score many goals.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

statto

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 25, 2023, 11:34:27 PM

Just keep Wout and Martial so...

Saffrongael

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 25, 2023, 11:34:27 PM

He's only 20, I'm sure teams are looking at potential and him improving
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

johnnycool

If Chelsea had a striker anything like the name, they'd have had 3 goals in the first half alone, some of the misses were incredible to say the least.

There's a bit of defensive work for ETH to work on as City won't miss those chances in the FA Cup.