Favourite Pub in Ireland

Started by toby47, April 28, 2023, 09:19:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

You walk into a pub, what's your first drink?

A stout
A pint of beer
A Cider
A wee one (Whisky, Gin, Vodka etc)
Bottle of beer
Other

gawa316

Magee's & Blakes in Enniskillen
Smuggler's Creek and Surfers in Rossnowlagh
Linnet Inn in Boho

mrdeeds

Rudi

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on April 28, 2023, 08:19:04 PM
Quote from: Rudi on April 28, 2023, 07:41:47 PM
Quote from: maddog on April 28, 2023, 02:27:30 PM
Wee pub across the road from the Ostan was good for pints as well. Can't remember name was beside a Eurospar and a graveyard.

? Ostan in Gweedore, graveyard is in Maghergallon,  me thinks you had a few to many .

He's in Gort a' Choirce and means Teach Bhillie.

Ostan Gortahork was wondering.

JoG2

Da Barra's - Clonakilty
Gartlan's - Kingscourt
Hi-B / Oval / Sin é - Cork City

Milltown Row2

Was in the Morning Star in Belfast last Saturday afternoon for few before a late lunch with the missus, proper man's pub, been pulling pints since 1870. Hasn't changed too much since my first outing 35 years ago.

They also do great steaks, and a carvery during the week was a nasty cheap lunch

After dinner few drinks in Whites, couple in the new part which was busy and live music then some n the back original bar!

Afternoon drinking is unbeatable!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

Had a pint in Bittles last time I was in Bfast and really enjoyed it.

The owner is one of the most aggressive people I've ever seen the way he approaches customers as they come in the door is worth watching alone!!

red hander

Sadly Tommy McGrath's in Dungannon is no more, used to live in the place. But love Cleary's in Amiens Street, great pint of stout and sound barmen. Collins loved the place too. Enough said.

PMG1

Quote from: snoopdog on April 28, 2023, 02:39:07 PM
Some great pubs mentioned here. Old Tom's in castlewellan and Lowry in hilltown.  Bowes is good, careful though you could drown in the urinal. Gravediggers in glasnevin is magnificent
You won't get a better pint in Dublin. Forget mulligans.  Special mention to 2 gems in Sligo. Hopkins in Enniscrone and Austies in Rosses point. Guinness doesn't get better.  Packies in Donegal. I haven't a clue where it is though. I was driven to it by a local. The owner a lovely man serves a magnificent pint.
Is that Packies in Lettermacaward (basically old house in the middle of nowhere? Great spot

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: screenexile on April 28, 2023, 10:59:55 PM

The owner is one of the most aggressive people I've ever seen the way he approaches customers as they come in the door is worth watching alone!!

Enjoy pints in Bittles alright but on 3-4. Your man's a dick alright. Nights out for us generally fall back to Maddens which is always good craic.

ziggy90

Quote from: red hander on April 28, 2023, 11:05:40 PM
Sadly Tommy McGrath's in Dungannon is no more, used to live in the place. But love Cleary's in Amiens Street, great pint of stout and sound barmen. Collins loved the place too. Enough said.

Very atmospheric and best of all an 'early house' AIF Sunday.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

tintin25

Quote from: screenexile on April 28, 2023, 10:59:55 PM

What's his issue?

bannside

JJ Finan Charlestown, Abbey Tavern Howth, Eugene's Ennistymon, Peadars Derry, Glen Bar Downings, Griffiths Trim, Kirbys Tralee, McReynolds Dungiven and Ollies Bar in Skerries are some of the places I would recommend if you're in the area.

Nearer to home it's Cova Inn, Crosskeys or Pats Bar Portglenone (currently closed) or Tessies in Ballycastle.

Captain Scarlet

I'd always say the best spots are the ones that you will go back to again and again. Sean's in Athlone gets a lot of stag and hen action so not sure I'd like it as my local. Great spot mind as I have been one of those stag groups!

So many in Dublin around Grafton St alone. Neary's and Kehoes are great then Mulligans on Poolbeg St. It won't be for everyone but I love Anseo on Camden St.

Met McGinley there one Christmas with a bunch of Errigal Ciaran's lads - poor hoor was on babysitting duty!

I'm from Kildare and I would say that anyone around Donadea Forest or passing through should hit Roches. It's a pub in the middle of nowhere. It's actually sinking into the bog and does get the odd tour group but the pints are amazing and it can't be beaten at Christmas. It was in the news years ago when the US Ryder Cup team landed in.

https://www.google.com/search?q=roches+pub&sxsrf=APwXEde0a3WV6LSBZVsJSRBRw_YS4FEMPQ:1682762786774&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi0iJbx687-AhXJS8AKHRgiCq0Q_AUoAnoECAIQBA&cshid=1682762792082831&biw=1280&bih=569&dpr=1.5

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Jeepers Creepers

Stumbled across tig bhric in Dingle a few years back while visiting. Great pub.

Milltown Row2

There's a travel book called McCarthys bar, think there's two if I can remember right, but the first one is about this guy hitting all the McCarthy pubs in Ireland. So it's on my list one day with my Cuz to do.

There's one in Dingle that I had to go in, lovely Guinness if I can recall
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea