Cavan v Armagh - Kingspan Breffni Park - Sat, Apr 22, 2023 - 18:30

Started by illdecide, April 12, 2023, 11:01:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Scarlet

Quote from: seafoid on April 18, 2023, 08:51:42 PM
Say  Cavan come out all guns blazing , are very disciplined and have higher intensity levels than Armagh. How good is Geezer at changing tactics during the game ?

Awful in my book. When he was over Kildare we allowed games flow the wrong way with no real stir.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

armaghniac

Rain now forecast at this time, which would be a pity. Still, it might miss the game time.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Dreadnought

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 18, 2023, 10:48:07 PM
Quote from: Dreadnought on April 18, 2023, 10:43:35 PM
Quote from: Main Street on April 18, 2023, 10:24:10 PM
Aare Cavan missing Thomas Galligan?
Yeah he's away travelling for the year
Serious loss. Was he away last year as well? Never forget watching him vs Donegal in the Ulster final that year. Warrior.
No he was playing last year, but had some injuries so played but wasn't fully up to speed I recall. He has transferred to a club in New York. Hope he'll be back next year, but was some word he might be taking 2 out

Blue in hope

No he was playing last year, but had some injuries so played but wasn't fully up to speed I recall. He has transferred to a club in New York. Hope he'll be back next year, but was some word he might be taking 2 out

Heard he trained with New York on Sunday and will bepart of their squad for Sligo this weekend

Itchy

Quote from: Blue in hope on April 19, 2023, 10:34:38 AM

Heard he trained with New York on Sunday and will bepart of their squad for Sligo this weekend

Really - Jesus that is come coup for New York.

yellowcard

Quote from: tonto1888 on April 18, 2023, 02:24:29 PM
Quote from: illdecide on April 18, 2023, 01:07:46 PM
Agreed...We are a slighlty better team than Cavan but the gap isn't that big to be bursting with confidence. Cavan have home advantage and know how to beat Armagh so for me it will be tight. See all this talk about so and so not in form...load of bollix. Them experienced players always come good at Championship time and that's why they're still about the place, they perform every year in the  Championship when they have too.
One thing that will throw me over the edge...If Armagh lose on sat evening playing defensive football pulling everyone back behing the ball and Cavan still beat us then i'll go ballistic swear to f**k. If we lose and get beat having a go i can accept that and say best team on the day won fair and square but that side ways passing with everyone back behind the ball has me well pissed off.

Fully agree. Have a go and if Cavan are good enough to beat us then so be it

I think that is the general feeling. If we play to try and win the match but fail then so be it and maybe Cavan are better than I expect. If however, we play not to lose the match and engage in another slugfest of sideways backwards muck then I wouldn't be too happy. I'd be hopeful though that the lessons have been learned during the League that the slow cagey build up zonal defensive stuff doesn't really suit us. If we play that way then the game will come down to the last 10 minutes and could go either way. If however we play a physical, high intensity game with a good mix then I'm confident we can win this one more easily.   

Main Street

Quote from: Itchy on April 19, 2023, 10:42:27 AM

So he's taken time off from  Cavan GAA  and is now rumoured to be a part of the New York squad participating in the championship squad,
Is that tolerable, a temporary defection of sorts by one of your best players,  as apposed to the treasonable offense of defecting after being dropped from the panel?

full moon

Wonder does everyone know this is on GAA Go not on BBC/RTE. This probably the first weekend there's some big matches exclusively on GAA Go, interesting what the reaction will be I'd say there will be a few complaints. I didn't like Sky but it was a lot more accessible for many and pubs etc.

Derry Monaghan again is exclusively GAA Go also. I'd say a lot of people aren't subscribed to it on season pass.

Itchy

Quote from: Main Street on April 19, 2023, 03:10:41 PM

So he's taken time off from  Cavan GAA  and is now rumoured to be a part of the New York squad participating in the championship squad,
Is that tolerable, a temporary defection of sorts by one of your best players,  as apposed to the treasonable offense of defecting after being dropped from the panel?

Fair point but it's a bit different, he's been travelling the world since last autumn and I expect has just made his way to the US to play ball this summer like 100s of others. Let's see if this rumour is even true next weekend.

Armagh18

Quote from: Itchy on April 19, 2023, 03:29:54 PM

Fair point but it's a bit different, he's been travelling the world since last autumn and I expect has just made his way to the US to play ball this summer like 100s of others. Let's see if this rumour is even true next weekend.
all the best to him i'd say. He was one of the main factors behind Cavans best day in manys a year, I'm sure he'll be back for them at some stage.

Dreadnought

Temporary. He graduated as a physio, and is travelling for his work. He was in Australia late last year, early this year. Was back for a few weeks before going to the US. May as well play some ball when there. He has said he will be back after his travels and work experience, but sure who knows.

illdecide

Sure the lad is just right. When  you're young enough go and travel the World and do what you have to do, the GAA have an awful habit of tarnishing someone for not being back home playing for his County. Let the lad have his fun and he'll return if and when he wants too. Fair play to him (i'm slighlty jealous).
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

bennydorano

Quote from: full moon on April 19, 2023, 03:12:50 PM
Wonder does everyone know this is on GAA Go not on BBC/RTE. This probably the first weekend there's some big matches exclusively on GAA Go, interesting what the reaction will be I'd say there will be a few complaints. I didn't like Sky but it was a lot more accessible for many and pubs etc.

Derry Monaghan again is exclusively GAA Go also. I'd say a lot of people aren't subscribed to it on season pass.
€12 per game or €79 for Season pass. The GPA sitting watching rubbing their hands for the next 'negotiations'. I've posted it before but the GAA expects professionalism in every aspect of the organisation apart from the the most obvious one, the players getting paid, it's coming imo.

The IPTV lads will no doubt be along shortly saying the extra finance for GAA coffers is great tho.

Armagh18

Quote from: illdecide on April 20, 2023, 10:19:58 AM
Sure the lad is just right. When  you're young enough go and travel the World and do what you have to do, the GAA have an awful habit of tarnishing someone for not being back home playing for his County. Let the lad have his fun and he'll return if and when he wants too. Fair play to him (i'm slighlty jealous).
Don't think theres many wishing him anything but the best from what I've seen. He's already gave the Cavan boys plenty and I'm sure he' be back in the future.

Dreadnought

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 20, 2023, 11:04:16 AM
Quote from: illdecide on April 20, 2023, 10:19:58 AM
Don't think theres many wishing him anything but the best from what I've seen. He's already gave the Cavan boys plenty and I'm sure he' be back in the future.
That's it exactly. He's put his body on the line for Cavan, everyone wishes him best, but do hope he's back soon