Cavan v Armagh - Kingspan Breffni Park - Sat, Apr 22, 2023 - 18:30

Started by illdecide, April 12, 2023, 11:01:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1888

Quote from: illdecide on April 18, 2023, 01:07:46 PM
Agreed...We are a slighlty better team than Cavan but the gap isn't that big to be bursting with confidence. Cavan have home advantage and know how to beat Armagh so for me it will be tight. See all this talk about so and so not in form...load of bollix. Them experienced players always come good at Championship time and that's why they're still about the place, they perform every year in the  Championship when they have too.
One thing that will throw me over the edge...If Armagh lose on sat evening playing defensive football pulling everyone back behing the ball and Cavan still beat us then i'll go ballistic swear to f**k. If we lose and get beat having a go i can accept that and say best team on the day won fair and square but that side ways passing with everyone back behind the ball has me well pissed off.

Fully agree. Have a go and if Cavan are good enough to beat us then so be it

illdecide

Quote from: Armamike on April 18, 2023, 02:02:34 PM
Agreed...We are a slighlty better team than Cavan but the gap isn't that big to be bursting with confidence. Cavan have home advantage and know how to beat Armagh so for me it will be tight. See all this talk about so and so not in form...load of bollix. Them experienced players always come good at Championship time and that's why they're still about the place, they perform every year in the  Championship when they have too.
One thing that will throw me over the edge...If Armagh lose on sat evening playing defensive football pulling everyone back behing the ball and Cavan still beat us then i'll go ballistic swear to f**k. If we lose and get beat having a go i can accept that and say best team on the day won fair and square but that side ways passing with everyone back behind the ball has me well pissed off.

What you are trying to say is that teams are set up well with a good defensive structure in place, with fast transitions and turnovers, meeting their defensive and attacking KPIs.

Armagh clearly aren't meeting their KPI's or they'd still be in Div 1
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

smelmoth

Quote from: Itchy on April 17, 2023, 10:34:33 PM
Quote from: Westside on April 17, 2023, 07:48:44 PM
Quote from: samuel maguire on April 17, 2023, 04:15:57 PM
Armagh should win this game comfortably enough i think. Cavan aren't a bad side, but aren't great either. I think armaghs last 2 seasons playing in the top division, along with Cavans playing in the bottom and 3rd division will stand to them

Agree. People talking up our chances aren't really basing it on the evidence of what we've seen from both sides over the last year or two. I think the 2 point handicap is very short and Armagh should win this game by 5+. Armagh scoring potential is far greater than Cavan's.

A FF line for example of Paddy Smith, Gearoid McKiernan and Dara McVetty is every bit as strong as Armaghs if Cavan were to line out like that.

That would be a huge surprise if it happened. I mean what is the chances of Cavan playing a 3 man full forward line??

Captain Obvious

Quote from: smelmoth on April 18, 2023, 03:47:22 PM
Armagh should win this game comfortably enough i think. Cavan aren't a bad side, but aren't great either. I think armaghs last 2 seasons playing in the top division, along with Cavans playing in the bottom and 3rd division will stand to them

Agree. People talking up our chances aren't really basing it on the evidence of what we've seen from both sides over the last year or two. I think the 2 point handicap is very short and Armagh should win this game by 5+. Armagh scoring potential is far greater than Cavan's.

A FF line for example of Paddy Smith, Gearoid McKiernan and Dara McVetty is every bit as strong as Armaghs if Cavan were to line out like that.

That would be a huge surprise if it happened. I mean what is the chances of Cavan playing a 3 man full forward line??

Does any team play a 3 man full forward line anymore??

screenexile

Derry often have a 5/6 man full forward line and sure we're the most defensive team in the country!!!

armaghniac

Quote from: screenexile on April 18, 2023, 03:56:24 PM

Derry often have a 5/6 man full forward line and sure we're the most defensive team in the country!!!

I have always thought Derry to be offensive.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Itchy

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 18, 2023, 03:55:33 PM

Does any team play a 3 man full forward line anymore??

Not in the traditional sense but rotation of guys in and out, one guy dropping out to the half forward line etc is what I mean. That is common enough.

Orior

Quote from: Itchy on April 18, 2023, 07:19:05 AM
Quote from: Westside on April 17, 2023, 11:18:07 PM

Gearoid looks a shadow of himself coming off the back of a bad injury, Paddy is struggling for form and fitness and McVeety is playing through pain and hasn't played in the full forward line since 2019. The three of them have never played together in the full forward line together. I don't believe that can all be resolved in the 3 week break from league final to Championship.

They're all excellent talented players Itchy, I agree with you but the context is important.

I think your glass half empty there. I expect does 3 lads to be at their peak on Saturday as that's how Graham and the backroom team will have planned it. Look at Monaghan, they looked hopeless in the league. Got a win against Mayo reserves to stay up but when Tyrone came around they were a different proposition. I'm expecting a Cavan team primed for a big performance on Saturday.

I'd prefer that the 3 lads peak on Sunday.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Orior

From the TV commentator near the end of the game "We'd like to apologies to our listeners if our sideline microphones picked up any untoward language"
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Westside

Will Morgan have better manners this time around? Marking McVeety in 2019 I think he put in one of the most disgraceful performances I've ever seen before being taken off after 20 mins.

seafoid

Say  Cavan come out all guns blazing , are very disciplined and have higher intensity levels than Armagh. How good is Geezer at changing tactics during the game ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

screenexile

Quote from: armaghniac on April 18, 2023, 04:03:22 PM
Quote from: screenexile on April 18, 2023, 03:56:24 PM

I have always thought Derry to be offensive.

Mouth!!

😂😂

Main Street

Dreadnought

Armagh18

Quote from: Dreadnought on April 18, 2023, 10:43:35 PM
Quote from: Main Street on April 18, 2023, 10:24:10 PM
Aare Cavan missing Thomas Galligan?
Yeah he's away travelling for the year
Serious loss. Was he away last year as well? Never forget watching him vs Donegal in the Ulster final that year. Warrior.