Typical Elphin chancer.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

fearbrags

Quote from: Rossfan on February 20, 2023, 08:43:50 PM
:D ;D

Some man for one man.
Typical Elphin chancer.

Funny  thing  The only I time I  personally  appeared on RTE (in the back ground) was  on  a Jim Fahy report about ""a Robbery of a Card Game"" in rural Ros  That ""the danger"" Participated in (the Card game and   perhaps in the  Robbery)    :)

Rossfan

Ofter heard  that tale....
Seems he lost a lot in a big poker session.
The big winner on the night was forced off the road on his way home and relieved of his loot.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Armagh18

Brendan

Quote from: 03,05,08 on February 21, 2023, 10:17:26 AM
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/2023/02/19/transgender-players-given-green-light-by-ladies-gaelic-football-association/

County dream is back on lads, or should I say ladies

This is what they really meant when they said they were amalgamating the different associations

thewobbler

A remarkably bad decision.

It will only take one "trans" player of above average ability to make a mockery of the sport. Just one.

seafoid

Quote from: thewobbler on February 21, 2023, 09:02:33 PM
A remarkably bad decision.

It will only take one "trans" player of above average ability to make a mockery of the sport. Just one.
A full forward . Doesn't even have to be good.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Armagh18

The woke brigade at it again.

Wildweasel74

I see a Galway girl became the first lady to convert a 45, shouldn't complain, could only do it 2/3 times and I had tree trunk legs.Letting a big man / girl, (this could get messy here) play sports on the same field will lead to someone getting injured. I see some lady powerlifters in the gym (nation level) they be 140kg max squat, same level for a man though heavier body weight is 260-300kg. Simply put men are heavier, bigger boned, more muscle mass, stronger than ladies and should not be on a sporting field where physical contact occurs.

Armagh18

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on February 21, 2023, 11:38:16 PM
I see a Galway girl became the first lady to convert a 45, shouldn't complain, could only do it 2/3 times and I had tree trunk legs.Letting a big man / girl, (this could get messy here) play sports on the same field will lead to someone getting injured. I see some lady powerlifters in the gym (nation level) they be 140kg max squat, same level for a man though heavier body weight is 260-300kg. Simply put men are heavier, bigger boned, more muscle mass, stronger than ladies and should not be on a sporting field where physical contact occurs.
Most average club players could do that without a whole pile of training you'd imagine

Wildweasel74

It's heavy enough, you be puffed out badly doing 10 reps. most club players cut off at 160/70kg, you need to be abit heavier weight wise to lift 180 - 240kg, after that you at powerlifting level, where if u don't know what u doing, u could ruin uself.

Hound

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on February 20, 2023, 12:00:13 PM
Quote from: Bord na Mona man on February 20, 2023, 10:31:55 AM
These writedowns happen when the person has little or no means to repay.
If Carey was repaying the debt at €1,000 a month, it would take him 750 years to reach €9 million.

The bigger question is how did he get so much credit in the first place?

I think that is the question. I'd say his profile was reason he got so much, which in itself calls into question AIBs credit underwriting standards.. if the man is broke,  no other option really then W/O.

I see more details have come out.

DJ got the loans totaling 9.5m to buy a few houses on the K Club and Mt Juliet (either 3 or 4). This was at the height of the Celtic Tiger in 2005-2008.
This was at a time when banks were giving money to anybody who wanted it (even sending letters offering pre-approved loans to those who didn't ask for it).

DJ had no real means to service the loan, other than by renting the houses out. But he and the bank were probably presuming he'd sell up for 15m or more in a few years, and they'd all be on the pigs back.

But then the crash happened. DJ completely underwater. Banks then in panic mode. So they have choice where the force the person into bankruptcy (which usually doesn't give anyone a good answer) or they come to a settlement, and in DJs case he had to give them 60k cash, and sell all the houses and give that money to AIB (which came to 1.8m) and an agreement that that if he came into money in the next 5 years he hand to hand it over to the bank. So overall that's possibly slightly better result for the bank than forcing him to go through bankruptcy and certainly no worse.
And the very same thing happened to many property investors who got in at the wrong time.

So it's not like DJ walked away with 9m of AIB's cash. The people who benefited were the sellers in 2005-2008 and the buyers in 2014. The bank were more at fault than DJ.

Of course this doesn't take away from the fact that he seems to be awful human being from the other stories all week where he's been asking for money from people far and wide to fund treatment for seemingly phantom illnesses.

Milltown Row2

What a mess for an iconic hurler of his generation and beyond..

Which makes a mockery of a time when asking the bank for a car loan of 2 grand years ago one time and being put through the mill over it, a joke considering we both were working and nothing outstanding!!

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: Hound on February 22, 2023, 08:14:57 AM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on February 20, 2023, 12:00:13 PM
Quote from: Bord na Mona man on February 20, 2023, 10:31:55 AM
These writedowns happen when the person has little or no means to repay.
If Carey was repaying the debt at €1,000 a month, it would take him 750 years to reach €9 million.

The bigger question is how did he get so much credit in the first place?

I think that is the question. I'd say his profile was reason he got so much, which in itself calls into question AIBs credit underwriting standards.. if the man is broke,  no other option really then W/O.

I see more details have come out.

DJ got the loans totaling 9.5m to buy a few houses on the K Club and Mt Juliet (either 3 or 4). This was at the height of the Celtic Tiger in 2005-2008.
This was at a time when banks were giving money to anybody who wanted it (even sending letters offering pre-approved loans to those who didn't ask for it).

DJ had no real means to service the loan, other than by renting the houses out. But he and the bank were probably presuming he'd sell up for 15m or more in a few years, and they'd all be on the pigs back.

But then the crash happened. DJ completely underwater. Banks then in panic mode. So they have choice where the force the person into bankruptcy (which usually doesn't give anyone a good answer) or they come to a settlement, and in DJs case he had to give them 60k cash, and sell all the houses and give that money to AIB (which came to 1.8m) and an agreement that that if he came into money in the next 5 years he hand to hand it over to the bank. So overall that's possibly slightly better result for the bank than forcing him to go through bankruptcy and certainly no worse.
And the very same thing happened to many property investors who got in at the wrong time.

So it's not like DJ walked away with 9m of AIB's cash. The people who benefited were the sellers in 2005-2008 and the buyers in 2014. The bank were more at fault than DJ.

Of course this doesn't take away from the fact that he seems to be awful human being from the other stories all week where he's been asking for money from people far and wide to fund treatment for seemingly phantom illnesses.

He didn't aim small either, Denis O'Brien was one of his "clients" allegedly.