NFL Division Three 2024

Started by Blowitupref, January 16, 2023, 08:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grounded

Quote from: Cavan19 on March 07, 2023, 02:05:55 PM
Who do you guys think will get the second promotion spot ?

A tricky one to call. I'd have to put my money on Westmeath as they play Fermanagh the next day with the Ernemen facing Cavan in Breffini on the last day. Its not out of the realms of possibility that either Down or Offaly could also be promoted depending on what way the other results go, given the head to head rule.
_  Promotion odds
   Cavan 1\100
   Fermanagh 11\8
   Westmeath 7\4
   Down 10\3
   Offaly 6\1

full moon

I think if Fermanagh beat Westmeath next match they have it, and they are always difficult to beat in Brewster.

Itchy

Quote from: full moon on March 07, 2023, 07:55:19 PM
I think if Fermanagh beat Westmeath next match they have it, and they are always difficult to beat in Brewster.

It's not in Brewster I don't think. Westmeath are flaky enough when faced with blanket defence. I'd fancy Fermanagh to grind out a win against them or maybe a draw. Another interesting thing is that if Cavan beat Antrim next, in the last round they'll pretty much be able to select their opponents by either putting out a few fringe players and losing to Fermanagh or going all out to beat them. Whether that's something Mickey graham would do I'm not sure.

FermGael

Fermanagh have played all their games in Ederney this year as Brewster is having major work done to the pitch.

Match is fixed for 6 p.m.
Ederney does not have floodlights so I assume it's been moved to an earlier time on the Saturday or changed to the Sunday unless Brewster is available .
Not sure
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

rodney trotter

Brewster was in some mess when the Ulster club game was played there against Gowna. It definitely needed work done. Probaly overused with it being shared by Enniskillen Gaels and the Fermanagh County team.

FermGael

Shared would be the wrong word.
It's owned by the Gaels.

rodney trotter

Owned no problem.

Did Fermanagh ever look to develop their own ground? Better to keep a pitch maintained with one team playing on it.

FermGael

They do now own their own set up in Lissan.
It's between Tempo and Enniskillen.
2 pitches I think .
Big push on at the minute to get it redeveloped but it's more a center of excellence for training and underage.

Dreadnought

Quote from: Itchy on March 07, 2023, 09:38:10 PM

It's not in Brewster I don't think. Westmeath are flaky enough when faced with blanket defence. I'd fancy Fermanagh to grind out a win against them or maybe a draw. Another interesting thing is that if Cavan beat Antrim next, in the last round they'll pretty much be able to select their opponents by either putting out a few fringe players and losing to Fermanagh or going all out to beat them. Whether that's something Mickey graham would do I'm not sure.

I can't see Graham doing this. It's an opportunity to play a fellow Ulster team, on a Sunday afternoon, replicating Championship match conditions for a few weeks later. Combine that with bringing back front line players and wanting to get minutes into them, I think he'll go strong.

Dreadnought

Quote from: rodney trotter on March 07, 2023, 10:26:14 PM
Owned no problem.

Did Fermanagh ever look to develop their own ground? Better to keep a pitch maintained with one team playing on it.

Wouldn't see a big with this. A few county grounds are similar, like Omagh, McHale Park. It can work just fine, and with other county grounds for smaller games (like Ederney) you'll be managing time on it anyway

rodney trotter

Quote from: Dreadnought on March 08, 2023, 08:08:56 AM
Owned no problem.

Wouldn't see a big with this. A few county grounds are similar, like Omagh, McHale Park. It can work just fine, and with other county grounds for smaller games (like Ederney) you'll be managing time on it anyway

McHale pitch was relaid and already isssues with it

https://westernpeople.ie/2022/11/29/county-board-unhappy-at-state-of-resurfaced-machale-park/

Any drop of rain up in Omagh and the pitch is flooded.

Dreadnought

Quote from: rodney trotter on March 08, 2023, 08:59:42 AM
Owned no problem.

https://westernpeople.ie/2022/11/29/county-board-unhappy-at-state-of-resurfaced-machale-park/

All issues that can be sorted. Wouldn't see the need to put up new county grounds when these are more than sufficient with work on them. We already have loads of grounds in the country that are barely half filled a few times a year

rodney trotter

Quote from: Dreadnought on March 08, 2023, 10:33:25 AM
Quote from: rodney trotter on March 08, 2023, 08:59:42 AM
Owned no problem.

All issues that can be sorted. Wouldn't see the need to put up new county grounds when these are more than sufficient with work on them. We already have loads of grounds in the country that are barely half filled a few times a year

I wouldn't agree. A country ground should be primarily for a County team. Castlebar Mitchells or Omagh would also have the advantage of playing in the venue regularly compared to the other clubs teams in the.County.

Same way Dublin have an advantage playing League games in Croke Park

Dreadnought

Quote from: rodney trotter on March 08, 2023, 11:22:42 AM
I wouldn't agree. A country ground should be primarily for a County team. Castlebar Mitchells or Omagh would also have the advantage of playing in the venue regularly compared to the other clubs teams in the.County.

I'm really not getting the issue. Do you want these counties to leave established venues, and build new ones, for what? Vibes? Do these counties even need other venues seeing as the ones they have are sufficient? I just don't get the issue if it's a certain players club home too. Seems a pure waste

rodney trotter

Quote from: Dreadnought on March 08, 2023, 11:28:45 AM
Quote from: rodney trotter on March 08, 2023, 11:22:42 AM

I'm really not getting the issue. Do you want these counties to leave established venues, and build new ones, for what? Vibes? Do these counties even need other venues seeing as the ones they have are sufficient? I just don't get the issue if it's a certain players club home too. Seems a pure waste

It's just an opinion. So just leave it there Dreagnaught/loughduff lad. You question everything on Hoganstand at the same craic here