NFL Division Three 2024

Started by Blowitupref, January 16, 2023, 08:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on March 06, 2023, 09:07:08 AM
Relegation will be between Longford, Antrim and Tipp.

We played better yesterday than the previous 3 but still too many defensive mistakes and 16 wides tells the tale.

It may go down to our last game at home v Antrim. Winner stays up.
Kildare/Clare is the same. Even if you are shite you may not be relegated.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Shamrock Shore

Even if you are shite you may not be relegated.

LOL - that's for sure.

imtommygunn

SS after antrim-westmeath yesterday I wouldn't be so under confident  :(

FYI Clare are not shite - half decent team who results just haven't gone for... Kildare for what they should be are very poor.

Dreadnought

Quote from: seafoid on March 06, 2023, 10:14:45 AM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on March 06, 2023, 09:07:08 AM
Relegation will be between Longford, Antrim and Tipp.

We played better yesterday than the previous 3 but still too many defensive mistakes and 16 wides tells the tale.

It may go down to our last game at home v Antrim. Winner stays up.
Kildare/Clare is the same. Even if you are shite you may not be relegated.

Yep. And they'll get into Sam, likely on a head to head, or your terrible points difference being slightly better than a brutal points difference of the other. Think we've some major issues with this system that needs tweaking

ck

Quote from: mrdeeds on March 05, 2023, 06:14:06 PM
Quote from: Westside on March 05, 2023, 06:09:50 PM
How were Cavan gifted scores? I actually felt Down got a fair few soft frees. The ref got the mark call wrong which lead to the Cavan goal. He was fussy and didn't allow the quick free which slowed up Down a few times. He was inconsistent in how he judged the tackle too.

I'd have questions over the temperament of Laverty on the line. The roaring and shouting as the players came off at half time started that incident, a poor decision to raise the stakes playing a more experienced team away from home. There was a lot of feigning injury from Down too, not great to see.

It's a stain on the game at the moment. Down no worse than any other county. Players are now experts at feigning injury and fooling referees.

Am I right in thinking diving or feigning injury is a black card offence?
The Down goalie laying down holding face, then the Down player down injured and he got up and done a sprint the length of pitch. Way too much feigning injury in gaelic now. Down were hard to break down but were never gonna keep up the sprinting back levels second half.

Rossfan

Quote from: ck on March 06, 2023, 10:48:09 AM
Quote from: mrdeeds on March 05, 2023, 06:14:06 PM
Quote from: Westside on March 05, 2023, 06:09:50 PM
How were Cavan gifted scores? I actually felt Down got a fair few soft frees. The ref got the mark call wrong which lead to the Cavan goal. He was fussy and didn't allow the quick free which slowed up Down a few times. He was inconsistent in how he judged the tackle too.

I'd have questions over the temperament of Laverty on the line. The roaring and shouting as the players came off at half time started that incident, a poor decision to raise the stakes playing a more experienced team away from home. There was a lot of feigning injury from Down too, not great to see.

It's a stain on the game at the moment. Down no worse than any other county. Players are now experts at feigning injury and fooling referees.

Am I right in thinking diving or feigning injury is a black card offence?

No.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Westside

For anyone saying Down are no worse than any other county, Cavan have played 8 counties this year and Down were the only team where this was a noticeable feature.

grounded

Quote from: Westside on March 06, 2023, 05:41:22 PM
For anyone saying Down are no worse than any other county, Cavan have played 8 counties this year and Down were the only team where this was a noticeable feature.

Nonsense. I guarantee you there will incidents of ' feigning injuries ' in future Cavan fixtures this season, either by your own players or the opposition's. Its a feature (a most depressing one) of modern football.

seafoid

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 06, 2023, 10:44:13 AM
SS after antrim-westmeath yesterday I wouldn't be so under confident  :(

FYI Clare are not shite - half decent team who results just haven't gone for... Kildare for what they should be are very poor.
They are scuttery at the very least. They are at a serious disadvantage compared to Kildare and Kildare have been poor.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Cavan19

Quote from: grounded on March 06, 2023, 10:04:00 PM

Nonsense. I guarantee you there will incidents of ' feigning injuries ' in future Cavan fixtures this season, either by your own players or the opposition's. Its a feature (a most depressing one) of modern football.

Of course there will be every county is at in now unfortunately.

Westside

What's nonsense? I'm not saying we hadn't seen it before Sunday or that we wouldn't see it again, I'm saying we saw more of it from Down than we did in our previous 7 games combined.

yellowcard

Quote from: Westside on March 07, 2023, 10:52:05 AM

What's nonsense? I'm not saying we hadn't seen it before Sunday or that we wouldn't see it again, I'm saying we saw more of it from Down than we did in our previous 7 games combined.

The current Down manager was one of the worst ever offenders as a player. He helped win Kilcoo an All Ireland by buying a ridiculous free late in the game against Kilmacud last year and he was an expert at grabbing an opponents hand and falling over to win a free kick. It sounds like something that Down have been told to bring into their games by this new management team. The so called Down way has been well and truly abolished.

Cavan19

Who do you guys think will get the second promotion spot ?

Dreadnought

Quote from: Cavan19 on March 07, 2023, 02:05:55 PM
Who do you guys think will get the second promotion spot ?

I've a feeling Down will sneak it. If they beat Longford and Offaly, and Westmeath and Cavan beat Fermanagh, they'll have Westmeath on head to head. Not too outlandish to happen

FermGael

It's a funny one this division this year.
Offaly would also need Fermanagh to lose once as well.

The only thing for certain is Cavan are promoted .
They will beat Antrim in a fortnight and then rest their main players for their final group game against their good neighbours Fermanagh
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered