Hurling 2024

Started by seafoid, January 01, 2023, 08:24:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Limerick looking decent but Galway are probably still one of the teams able to match them in the physicality and that unpredictability of Galway will always keep Limerick on their toes.
Some new faces in the Galway side showing up well, some very light looking but good to give them their break in the league with no real impact.

Hayes in a bit of bother with a one handed belt, he can consider himself lucky no one seems to have seen it..

imtommygunn

I think the whole world minus Kiely saw it  ;D

Canning right you need to press them from the full back line but easier said than done.

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 28, 2023, 11:59:31 AM
I think the whole world minus Kiely saw it  ;D

Canning right you need to press them from the full back line but easier said than done.

Canning has a point but then you need attackers who're able to prevent the Limerick defenders from breaking passed them, easier said than done, but certainly under their puckouts, go man for man and see where that gets you.

Currently everyone is funnelling back to be defensive yet the Limerick lads are either able to work it up to midfield and take their points from range or hit the spaces for their forwards to run into. Yes they've no real goal threat but they don't need one currently.

mouview

Quote from: johnnycool on February 28, 2023, 11:52:11 AM
Limerick looking decent but Galway are probably still one of the teams able to match them in the physicality and that unpredictability of Galway will always keep Limerick on their toes.
Some new faces in the Galway side showing up well, some very light looking but good to give them their break in the league with no real impact.

Hayes in a bit of bother with a one handed belt, he can consider himself lucky no one seems to have seen it..

Galway way off in terms of physicality, have been for 3/4 seasons now. One of the least strongest teams out there now I would suggest.

harryR

I might have missed this in the chat, but what's going on with Aaron Gillane then? Not on the panel for the rumoured altercation with rugby star or what's the story

seafoid

Limerick have superb accuracy but teams have to try to stop it at source.

Dag Dog

Quote from: harryR on February 28, 2023, 04:05:39 PM
I might have missed this in the chat, but what's going on with Aaron Gillane then? Not on the panel for the rumoured altercation with rugby star or what's the story
Playing well for Creeves Celtic soccer team these days.

johnnycool

Alleged court case pending...

NAG1

Quote from: johnnycool on March 02, 2023, 09:15:32 AM

Alleged court case pending...

Heard similar, Limerick are in the position that they dont need to entertain the drama.

imtommygunn

Fair bit of needle in this game. Been lacking a bit in the league so far.

keep her low this half

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 11, 2023, 07:50:01 PM
Fair bit of needle in this game. Been lacking a bit in the league so far.
They certainly dpn't seem to like each other. Cracking match though. Although the second goal and the red card have probably done for Waterford

imtommygunn

Enjoyed that. Still think tipp are maybe a bit too much of a hit it on top of the forwards as opposed to work it  precisely in but they have plenty of good forwards so it will work against most.

Davy was kind of out davyed there.

Milltown Row2

Tipp seem ahead of the rest in terms of fitness levels, the gamble is getting it right for championship
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on March 12, 2023, 07:16:30 PM
Good win for Antrim

Antrim had to win ugly today, which matched the weather, so get any injuries sorted and prepare for championship which will bring us forward
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea