Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nanderson

Down team named for Tipp game. Good to see Ruairi O'Hare back in and John O'Hare getting his chance in championship football

tirnaog

Glad to see John O Hare on the team

harryR

Have many of the kilcoo lads, that where on the panel to start the year walked away?

SHEEDY

Big win today, great to see a large range of different scorers. 2 routine victories so far.
nil satis nisi optimum

snoopdog

Down struggled I'm the 1st half. Some poor decision making and passing. But the 2nd half was a massive improvement. I have no idea why tipp won a penalty. But after that Down closed the game out. Score  Couldve been a lot more. Good confidence builders heading into the Meath game in 2 weeks.  Anyone who stayed for the hurling experienced some atmosphere and a magnificent game of hurling. 100 mph and they never stopped.

ardtole

The hurling was fantastic, I'd always planned to go to a Munster hurling game and it was everything it was built up to be. The Limerick support definitely outnumbered the tipp support which suprised me.

As a venue Thurles is much superior than Clones, it really hit home how Clones has been left to rot with no investment for years.

Down played really well particularly in the 2nd half despite Laverty leaving out Ryan McEvoy and Liam Kerr. Pat Havern and Odhran Murdock were impressive and Danny Magill came off the bench and put in a good performance.

All in all,  a great day out.

dingle82

Lots of green shoots, lads played really well even though Tipp were very poor. Huge opportunity to keep building and give the wider squad chances to impress, well done. The atmosphere, intensity and hits in the hurling was insane.

toby47

is Jerome Johnstone still on the panel? Or is he injured?

snoopdog

Thurles may be old. But it's miles ahead of clones. The stands have bars, a chipper, shop ,tea coffee facilities. The toilets are vast. I also always planned to go to a big hurling game in thurles. And it didn't disappoint.  It was tribal
I've never experienced that atmosphere in Ulster football ever.  I was in  the stand from where the cameras and dug out are and it is massive. Clones is just a load of concrete dumped in a field. An absolute kip.

SHEEDY

Down v Meath fixed for Parnell park,  Saturday 3rd June at 1pm
nil satis nisi optimum

snoopdog

Quote from: SHEEDY on May 22, 2023, 06:50:06 PM
Down v Meath fixed for Parnell park,  Saturday 3rd June at 1pm
Is it a double header with laois and London? Small ground  shite time overcharging will relate to a small crowd.

ardtole

Yeah Laois v London is on after us, we didn't get quite as lucky as the last round.

snoopdog

Quote from: ardtole on May 22, 2023, 10:39:28 PM
Yeah Laois v London is on after us, we didn't get quite as lucky as the last round.
Wont be many hanging around for that. I'm in Spain so won't get to Meath game. Hope its on gaago. Or I might catch it on LMFM. A home qf is a big carrot. Then the semi is in Croke pk

messy gael