Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Caesar on June 01, 2023, 09:49:14 AM
Can someone please enlighten me as to what a 'WUM' is? Possibly showing my age here

A merchant of the winding up variety
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Lár na páirce 1

Quote from: bannside on June 01, 2023, 08:33:40 AM
Ryan Convery also waiting on swelling going down before an X ray which he/we are fearful of. Ryan's our joint captain and played at 6 for UUJ seniors this year in the Sigerson. Would be a huge loss to PG1 if the news is as feared. Happened in last 2 mins against Cargin on Tuesday night.

Hopefully the lad gets good news and isn't as bad as feared

Benen's injury could happen anywhere is right problem being we feel none of the three lads up with county squad should be there considering they haven't started one senior championship game for us yet but that's up to Andy it just seems like they suit his player profile type.

Milltown Row2

Why is the Antrim game in Armagh?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BrendanAntrim

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 01, 2023, 11:51:22 AM
Why is the Antrim game in Armagh?

Tailteann group games are 1 home, 1 away, 1 neutral. Armagh a fair venue for both counties I think, though not a happy hunting ground for us this year - so far.

imtommygunn

It's an interesting game - wouldn't be surprised if we won but on the other hand wouldn't be surprised if we got beat by a bit! I hope we have learned from the league and if we can get Kelm marked a bit better we have a very good chance. Also someone taller on Quigley would help.

Sportacus

Quote from: EOC13 on June 01, 2023, 10:44:42 AM
Quote from: bannside on June 01, 2023, 08:33:40 AM
Ryan Convery also waiting on swelling going down before an X ray which he/we are fearful of. Ryan's our joint captain and played at 6 for UUJ seniors this year in the Sigerson. Would be a huge loss to PG1 if the news is as feared. Happened in last 2 mins against Cargin on Tuesday night.

Hopefully the lad gets good news and isn't as bad as feared

Benen's injury could happen anywhere is right problem being we feel none of the three lads up with county squad should be there considering they haven't started one senior championship game for us yet but that's up to Andy it just seems like they suit his player profile type.

Very sorry to hear of a serious injury, maybe some of the younger lads would be better to pull back and have another year at club to develop as you say. But they are there of their own free will, no?

country bumpkin

Quote from: JimStynes on June 01, 2023, 08:56:24 AM
CB is winding all you boys up and you're biting everytime.

Like clockwork.......lol...

Lucifer

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 01, 2023, 02:00:53 PM
It's an interesting game - wouldn't be surprised if we won but on the other hand wouldn't be surprised if we got beat by a bit! I hope we have learned from the league and if we can get Kelm marked a bit better we have a very good chance. Also someone taller on Quigley would help.

I can't see us beating you by much, if we even do.  We are favourites with the bookies but really there is very little between the teams (as seen in that crazy league game) and I think your performances in the Tailteann so far have been more assured than ours.

Kelm will obviously need watching, though he has been quieter in last 2 games than most of league.  A good match up is important for him but, in all honesty, he'll beat most men 1 v 1 so it's as much about the collective defensive effort which is probably something both our sides lack at times!  With Quigley starting we've gone through him less, which in one sense helps spread the burden but I think he was also reveling as the main man.   Important to win for either side and get a weeks break plus a home quarter final (I presume.)

ck

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 01, 2023, 02:00:53 PM

Agree. This is a very interesting game. Fermanagh are Antrims level despite their opening draw with Wexford and I think the winner should have genuine ambitions in going far in the competition. You pick out Fermanaghs 2 key men IMO. Kelm has pace to burn and Quigley is a match winner even from the bench. Hoping to get to the game, should be a tight one, good luck Antrim!

bannside

Gutted, just heard Ryan Convery got bad news, ACL joint gone. Massive  loss to PG1.

Agree, Sunday will tell a tale of where we are, two teams well matched, winner straight through to QF's, loser a game 7 days later in QF prelims.

Milltown Row2

Antrim's team and set up has changed since the league meeting, the added bite of 'championship' and neutral ground should even things up but bookies don't get much wrong
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

InnocentByStander

Anyone know what way the KO stage is working, is it 1v3 and 2v2?
do we know what groups play what?

country bumpkin

Quote from: bannside on June 02, 2023, 11:14:34 AM
Gutted, just heard Ryan Convery got bad news, ACL joint gone. Massive  loss to PG1.

Agree, Sunday will tell a tale of where we are, two teams well matched, winner straight through to QF's, loser a game 7 days later in QF prelims.

Jeez that is sad news from.PG1...Ryan is a huge prospect and hope is recovery is quick......

BrendanAntrim

Quote from: InnocentByStander on June 02, 2023, 11:28:10 AM
Anyone know what way the KO stage is working, is it 1v3 and 2v2?
do we know what groups play what?

Group winners go straight to 1/4 finals and have home advantage.

Second in group will play 3rd in other groups - to be drawn - except one 2nd place team will play New York.

Winners of 2nd v 3rd/New York are then drawn against 1st place finishers. Not pre determined which group winners play which preliminary qf winners.

That's as I understand it. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on June 02, 2023, 11:37:33 AM
Quote from: bannside on June 02, 2023, 11:14:34 AM

Jeez that is sad news from.PG1...Ryan is a huge prospect and hope is recovery is quick......

Its a pity he didnt get that injury at county training....  ::)