6 County Assembly Elections - 5th May 2022

Started by Snapchap, February 23, 2022, 10:18:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saffrongael

They keep reporting first ever SF cllr in Ballymena, was Monica Digney not elected in the noughties ??
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

marty34

Quote from: Saffrongael on May 19, 2023, 10:23:58 PM
They keep reporting first ever SF cllr in Ballymena, was Monica Digney not elected in the noughties ??

Maybe in the actual Ballymena DEA area?

quit yo jibbajabba

What was philip mcguigan then. Me confused also

HiMucker

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on May 19, 2023, 05:05:20 PM
Michael stones cub elected in Ballymena
Are you Patrizio Giuseppe on twitter lol?

Mourne Red

Surely that p***k Eastwood will get the road now.. But we're do the SDLP go from here? Their voters are either deserting them for SF/AP or they going to their graves.. Part is flat lining

Armagh18

Quote from: Mourne Red on May 19, 2023, 11:31:52 PM
Surely that p***k Eastwood will get the road now.. But we're do the SDLP go from here? Their voters are either deserting them for SF/AP or they going to their graves.. Part is flat lining
they are pointless. Only selling point is they aren't SF. But SF are too attractive now so anyone that isn't a bitter little fleg lover has no reason not to vote for them

Eamonnca1

Christ! SDLP down to a single councilor in the ABC council, and Declan McAlinden is out. Never seen the like of it. Hard to see a path back to relevance for the party now, as much as it pains me to say it.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 20, 2023, 12:24:59 AM
they are pointless. Only selling point is they aren't SF. But SF are too attractive now so anyone that isn't a bitter little fleg lover has no reason not to vote for them
What do any of these councillors do for people? They draw on the teat for expenses and allowances but apart from that I don't see much activity in Armagh. I had reason to contact SF in Armagh last year about an urgent issue. Was told they'd call back. They didn't. Tried Mickey Brady. Was told someone would be in touch. They weren't. The person who ended up sorting it was Danny Kennedy who actually isn't even in office! The depressing thing about polarised politics is SF and DUP could put a stuffed toy up for election and they'd get voted in. A stuffed toy would be better than some round here.

LC

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 20, 2023, 08:25:55 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on May 20, 2023, 12:24:59 AM
What do any of these councillors do for people? They draw on the teat for expenses and allowances but apart from that I don't see much activity in Armagh. I had reason to contact SF in Armagh last year about an urgent issue. Was told they'd call back. They didn't. Tried Mickey Brady. Was told someone would be in touch. They weren't. The person who ended up sorting it was Danny Kennedy who actually isn't even in office! The depressing thing about polarised politics is SF and DUP could put a stuffed toy up for election and they'd get voted in. A stuffed toy would be better than some round here.

Nail on the head

Eire90

it gives them photo ops boost thier egos it seems very cliquey too

Eire90

leo varadker needs to go after his latests comments

Armagh18

Quote from: Eire90 on May 20, 2023, 10:52:24 AM
leo varadker needs to go after his latests comments
If he didnt go after the black and tan debacle he'll never go. Whats he done now

Mourne Red

Eastwood on saying people have voted SF because they're angry at the DUP.. Jesus thon boy blames anyone but himself.

At this point I would be surprised if he was a Shinner plant to ruin SDLP

An Watcher

Danny Kennedy on BBC talking about the risk of Sinn Fein domination in some areas.  Made a bit of an eejet out if himself

Mourne Red

Quote from: An Watcher on May 20, 2023, 11:29:13 AM
Danny Kennedy on BBC talking about the risk of Sinn Fein domination in some areas.  Made a bit of an eejet out if himself

Bizarre like.. Carruthers called him out on it to be fair, UUP didn't care when they were top party and he stumbled over himself. Must be on the drink