Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skat man

few ex down panelists on London team

snoopdog

Johnnysboys

Just when I thought we had turned the corner - we do that.. Very hard to watch and even harder to stomach.

Truth hurts

Quote from: Johnnysboys on May 24, 2023, 09:56:47 PM
Just when I thought we had turned the corner - we do that.. Very hard to watch and even harder to stomach.

???

outinfront

I assume it was Burren's win over CPN.

Truth hurts

Oh, I just saw the result; I had no idea that was going on. A big result for Burren .

elk

If you thought CPN had turned a corner I'd love to know why. Just beat Bredagh and a poor stone team plus got a soft free to steal the game against the bridge last week. Sure you have 4/5 key players with long term injuries plus 2/3 starters are suppose to be heading to the USA. Staying up will be a good season for CPN this year.
They were shocking as a team against Burren last night.

Truth hurts

Quote from: elk on May 25, 2023, 11:29:45 AM

If you thought CPN had turned a corner I'd love to know why. Just beat Bredagh and a poor stone team plus got a soft free to steal the game against the bridge last week. Sure you have 4/5 key players with long term injuries plus 2/3 starters are suppose to be heading to the USA. Staying up will be a good season for CPN this year.
They were shocking as a team against Burren last night.

Don't hold back Elk, let it all out ;D

statto

I see Carryduff are top of division 1 in Down and they took kilcoo to extra time a few years ago.  Do they have much more talent coming through, would they have a realistic chance of winning a championship this year or is it a 2 horse race between Kilcoo and Burren? 

Would many of the Down u20 side from Burren be starting on their senior team?  That was some achievement to have 8 starting on an ulster winning u20 side. 

Johnnysboys

5 started last night for them. Paddy McCarthy, Ronan Kelly, Oran Murdock, Harry Magill and Aaron Cole. Not sure if the others are injured or unavailable - but I know Niall Toner is out for the season and James Kelly is going abroad to play football.
We may not have set the world alight with who we beat - but they were wins nonetheless elk. Looking at the table we will have a real scrap on our hands to stay up but hopefully other teams results will be worse than ours.

Walter Cronc

Why is Laverty letting county men play club games?

Mourne Red

Any Burren posters? I know we have a few but kind mind who - have a question about the Burren/Island game

manwithnoplan

Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 25, 2023, 10:40:27 PM

Personally I like that approach, as long as each club benefits equally. Always thought it very unfair on county panellists missing huge chunks of their club season, for limited or no game time at county level. I'm sure they are well managed in terms of recovery etc

marty34

Quote from: manwithnoplan on May 26, 2023, 08:00:35 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 25, 2023, 10:40:27 PM

Personally I like that approach, as long as each club benefits equally. Always thought it very unfair on county panellists missing huge chunks of their club season, for limited or no game time at county level. I'm sure they are well managed in terms of recovery etc

I'd say he knows his first 20/22 players.  No. 23 to No. 32 or whatever should be allowed to play with the clubs.

Common sense really.

Truth hurts

It is a great idea letting the boys get a game of football. It keeps everyone happy and he is being fair on all.