38 (33.9%)
10+ pts
36 (32.1%)

Total Members Voted: 112

Voting closed: December 19, 2020, 08:56:37 AM

red hander

Quote from: StPatsAbu on December 19, 2020, 10:09:17 PM
Quote from: MayoBuck on December 19, 2020, 09:24:29 PM
It is what it is. Dublin have better players than us. To have a chance we needed everything to go in our favour.

We can't afford to lose a player like Paddy Durcan at half time. We can't afford to have Jason Doherty and Brendan Harrison sitting in the stand for a full championship.

Lee Keegan got a black card in 2016 on a 50:50 decision. Jonny Cooper didn't get one in the 2nd half today. Fitzsimons arguably should have seen red in the 2nd half today yet we didn't even get a free.

Just to reiterate, I'm not being bitter as Dublin have better players than us. Everything had to go our way to win and it didn't.
They don't get sent off because they play for Dublin. It's been like that for a long time

To be fair, this is true, especially with Coldrick, who is awful referee. The GAA goes out of its way to protect refs who are criticised, sad.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: red hander on December 19, 2020, 10:15:54 PM
It is what it is. Dublin have better players than us. To have a chance we needed everything to go in our favour.

We can't afford to lose a player like Paddy Durcan at half time. We can't afford to have Jason Doherty and Brendan Harrison sitting in the stand for a full championship.

Lee Keegan got a black card in 2016 on a 50:50 decision. Jonny Cooper didn't get one in the 2nd half today. Fitzsimons arguably should have seen red in the 2nd half today yet we didn't even get a free.

Just to reiterate, I'm not being bitter as Dublin have better players than us. Everything had to go our way to win and it didn't.
They don't get sent off because they play for Dublin. It's been like that for a long time

To be fair, this is true, especially with Coldrick, who is awful referee. The GAA goes out of its way to protect refs who are criticised, sad.

Seriously?
It was a foul, defo yellow.

Coopers was on the edge but no double yellows and was cleverly taken off
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Halfquarter

Quote from: dublin7 on December 19, 2020, 09:23:14 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on December 19, 2020, 06:46:26 PM
The worst part is Dublin aren't even footballers anymore. The money thing was one thing when they had Connolly, Brogan etc, those were generational talented footballers.

Dublin are just athletes now, they're a professional outfit against amateurs and that's all.

How are you enjoying them lemons tonight? Bitter enough for you? Fenton is one of the the best footballers in the country and is head and shoulders the best midfielder in the game.  Kilkenny is probably the player of the year. Are you saying Cluxton is just an athlete?
It's bitter posts like this that make victory even sweeter

I don't think anyone is saying that Dublin don't have good players.
Plenty counties have good players.

Point is, it takes more than just having good players to win nine Leinster's and six All Ireland's in a row.

SouthDublinBro

McStay said that the water breaks gave Dublin an unfair advantage.  ::)
Classic Mayo delusion.

StPatsAbu

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on December 19, 2020, 10:28:05 PM
McStay said that the water breaks gave Dublin an unfair advantage.  ::)
Classic Mayo delusion.

Classic Dublin delusion to think they won their Sams because of effort alone

Itchy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 19, 2020, 10:20:10 PM

Seriously?

Coldrick is from Meath, I have no love for Meath. But he is probably the best ref in the country. If you are expecting perfection from a ref every game you'd be as well to start following a slow predictable game where every incident happens right beside you. I suggest rugby.

Milltown Row2

Can we stop using the word Trumpism...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

shantygael

Quote from: highorlow on December 19, 2020, 10:04:54 PM
The cashed up Dubs won out in the end.

Thanks Jackeens for ruining a great sport we once had.

It's almost akin at this stage to ye lads cheering on the brits back in the day.

I'm bitter, I'm a sore losers. By god I'm still Mayo though, ye guys are a commercial manifestation. f**k that.

End game for me. No point anymore .
Ye took that bad
you've only had enough to drink when you cant hold onto the ground

red hander

Quote from: Itchy on December 19, 2020, 10:44:28 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 19, 2020, 10:20:10 PM

Seriously?

Coldrick is from Meath, I have no love for Meath. But he is probably the best ref in the country. If you are expecting perfection from a ref every game you'd be as well to start following a slow predictable game where every incident happens right beside you. I suggest rugby.

If you think Coldrick is best ref in country, then you are deluded.

BennyCake

On a different note, when is Ger Canning going to retire?

Christ, he is bloody brutal. I had little knowledge of changes, subs, cards etc in the game because I was only picking up the odd thing from the Irish commentary, because I just can't bloody listen to him! Please please let this be his last year. He feckin' ruins big occasions like this for me.

LilySavage

He is brutal. Darragh Maloney infinitely better.

yellowcard

Thoughts on today's final.

1) Mayo give it a good rattle and credit to them for going toe to toe with the Dubs, they died with their boots on. Dublin simply were better which especially became more evident as the game went on.

2) Im not sure if this Dublin side are even at their peak yet. If they maintain their hunger they could certainly win 8,9 or 10 in a row.

3) Still can't understand how Dessie Farrell rates Paddy Small above Mannion nor how Brian Howard doesn't start. Dessie obviously knows best but it's certainly not based on match day performances.

4) RTE commentary was shocking today. Ger Canning is a very wooden commentator who adds nothing to the spectacle and how Kevin McStay can sit in a commentary box and take the coin on AI final day beggars belief. I think that's the last place you'd want to be if your own county was in an AI final. RTE are in bad need of a good shake up.

Rossfan

Quote from: BennyCake on December 19, 2020, 11:40:49 PM
On a different note, when is Ger Canning going to retire?

That day can't come quick enough.
Was watching game today in a SKYless house.
I'd have given €50 at half time if they could have got SKY for the 2nd half.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Eire90

what does joe brolly mean by celeb culture in mayo his column is behind a paywall

rodney trotter

You'd wouldn't have thought McStay was from Mayo. He was more biased towards Dublin. Looking for the O Connors to be carded, saying Cooper should stay on because he was sent off last year.. Generally foaming over Dublin
They are good but no need for theatrics