?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

themac_23

Quote from: Over the Bar on May 14, 2019, 10:10:11 AM
Quote from: tyroneman on May 13, 2019, 04:47:07 PM
Just wondering if there is any Celtic fan outside of Lurgan (and even inside of it) that still thinks Lennon should be given the job......

If it was between the Armagh ginger and Moyes I'd have to say yes

Why would you give the job to someone who got binned by hibs over someone who in his last job took a west ham side headed for relegation and kept them up, or who got an Everton side playing great football to a champions league place? suppose the usual 'look at his utd team' argument, but he was never going to succeed there, he was always being used as a buffer between SAF and the next 'big' manager. hes 100 times the manager lennon is

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: themac_23 on May 14, 2019, 12:34:06 PM
Just wondering if there is any Celtic fan outside of Lurgan (and even inside of it) that still thinks Lennon should be given the job......

Why would you give the job to someone who got binned by hibs over someone who in his last job took a west ham side headed for relegation and kept them up, or who got an Everton side playing great football to a champions league place? suppose the usual 'look at his utd team' argument, but he was never going to succeed there, he was always being used as a buffer between SAF and the next 'big' manager. hes 100 times the manager lennon is

The Moyes-iah is the Chosen One!

johnnycool

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 14, 2019, 01:18:42 PM
Quote from: themac_23 on May 14, 2019, 12:34:06 PM

The Moyes-iah is the Chosen One!

Chris Houghton anyone?

Thought Steve Clarke was the man a few months ago.

rodney trotter

Hughton harshly sacked like he was at Newcastle. He got Brighton promoted and kept them up in the 2 seasons. A lot bigger Clubs in the Championship like Leeds, Aston Villa

Over the Bar

Bilic has thrown his hat in the ring now. He did ok with West Ham in his first session.  Who of all the above named would play the most attacking football?

marty34

Quote from: Over the Bar on May 14, 2019, 09:20:20 PM
Bilic has thrown his hat in the ring now. He did ok with West Ham in his first session.  Who of all the above named would play the most attacking football?

I like Steve Clark of Kilmarnock.  He's did a great job with them.  Experienced coach at a high level.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Over the Bar on May 14, 2019, 09:20:20 PM

Rafa

bennydorano

David Moyes would be perfect imo

tyroneman

bennydorano

Above Rafa??? Sure include Pep, Klopp, Zidane and all the others who wouldn't come to Celtic in a million years. I think Moyes would excel, only an opinion- but it's a realistic option.

tyroneman

Quote from: bennydorano on May 15, 2019, 11:30:15 PM
Above Rafa??? Sure include Pep, Klopp, Zidane and all the others who wouldn't come to Celtic in a million years. I think Moyes would excel, only an opinion- but it's a realistic option.

Ok, I'd agree Moyes is maybe more realistic than Rafa...but what do you think he would actually bring to Celtic?

Hound

Quote from: tyroneman on May 16, 2019, 09:11:14 AM

Ok, I'd agree Moyes is maybe more realistic than Rafa...but what do you think he would actually bring to Celtic?
Fellaini!

bennydorano

Quote from: tyroneman on May 16, 2019, 09:11:14 AM

It's a bit of a balls of a question imo because it's all subjective and opinion based, but he was a relatively successful manager at PNE and then Everton b4 Man Utd & in Spain. He's played for Celtic and knows the score & with the playing style demanded. I would expect a lot of people to disagree but I think he'd be a good fit.

illdecide

Celtic manager Neil Lennon says he is in a "strong position" to remain in the post even if they fail to secure the treble treble.

Lennon replaced Brendan Rodgers until the end of the season in February and is one win away from a clean sweep of domestic trophies for the third successive season.

Newcastle manager Rafael Benitez is the latest to be linked with the role.

"There's no evidence to suggest I can't take the job on," Lennon said.

"I've been here since 2000 as a player, coach or manager and in that time, Celtic have won 14 league titles and I've played a part in 10 of them, so I think I know how to win titles here. That gets overlooked."

Celtic, who won the League Cup in December and sealed an eight successive Premiership title this month, face Hearts in the Scottish Cup final on 25 May.

"If we win the Scottish Cup, that'll be my seventh cup," Lennon said. "Any time we lost the league that I've been involved in, it was on the last day of the season. Any time we've won the league, we've skooshed it."

Celtic's Christie cannot remember Ball clash
Cup final tribute to McNeill and Chalmers
A former Celtic captain and coach, Lennon returned to the club for a second stint as manager when Rodgers left for Leicester City.

"I never said I wanted [the manager's job] long term," Lennon added. "My contract here expires at the end of May and after the cup final I'll sit down with whoever, and that's always been the case.

"Nothing has changed, despite all the speculation whether I'm getting the job, whether it's Rafa Benitez, Jose Mourinho, Slaven Bilic or whoever.

"As far as I'm aware, the club aren't speaking to anybody until after the final. I'm in a strong position anyway.

"I've got the big one out the way and now the cup is very, very important. Not for me, but for the players."

'What more can the players do?'
Celtic suffered a limp 2-0 defeat by Rangers in the final Old Firm derby of the season on Sunday, but Lennon is adamant criticism of the team has been excessive.

"In modern football, there's a furore after one game," he said. "You just have to keep a lid on it and keep calm.

"We played with the handbrake on on Sunday. No question, we deserved to lose the game, but it's not terminal by any means.

"They've won two trophies out of two and they've got the possibility of winning the third one for the third year in a row. What more can the players do? Really, sit back and think about it.

"For some reason there's been a bit of negativity around the place, whether it be the expectation level of this team or unrealistic expectation at times from the supporters.

"All these people criticising, whether it be me, the board, or the players, take a step back and go, 'you know what, this is pretty special, pretty special'."

Lennon confirmed left-back Kieran Tierney and winger James Forrest will be rested for Sunday's league visit of Hearts, while highly-rated 16-year-old Karamoko Dembele could make his first-team debut.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Main Street

If Lennon is in a strong position even if Celtic don't win the treble treble, Celtic are fcked.
Even if Celtic win the treble treble, Lennon should stand aside, he's not up to the task. If he thinks he's up to the task, he's truly deluded, a buffoon.