Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

randomusername

Quote from: Thebigdog on October 22, 2017, 09:13:05 PM
I can exclusively reveal plan A (the blanket) will be continued next year. However a few tweaks will be implemented with our lord's prayer said before all matches and a decade of the rosary at half time. Yes!! Let's do this. ( Maybe somebody is feeding me bullshit?)

You and your 'sources'

omaghjoe

Quote from: Thebigdog on October 18, 2017, 10:07:58 PM
Kieran mcgeary has left the senior squad after hearing from several sources including a friend of his. Another source says McNulty of Dungannon and Richard Donnelly have other plans next year. Interesting times ahead!

I also heard on the grapevine there will be no Sean Cavanagh next year...

StGallsGAA

Quote from: Thebigdog on October 18, 2017, 10:07:58 PM
Kieran mcgeary has left the senior squad after hearing from several sources including a friend of his. Another source says McNulty of Dungannon and Richard Donnelly have other plans next year. Interesting times ahead!

Impetuosity of youth?

ose 14

lads were nearly at the 8 weeks have passed point since tyrone football was obliterated in croker. id say the irish news will see the return of the mickey taker this week in some form or other (excuses at the ready and contract in hand) and he might even reveal plan B. id say it will look very similar to how omagh set up this year. watch this space.

LeoMc

Quote from: ose 14 on October 23, 2017, 07:05:00 AM
lads were nearly at the 8 weeks have passed point since tyrone football was obliterated in croker. id say the irish news will see the return of the mickey taker this week in some form or other (excuses at the ready and contract in hand) and he might even reveal plan B. id say it will look very similar to how omagh set up this year. watch this space.
Sounds like a great idea, announce your tactics 3 months before the NFL begins.

As an aside would you be able to elaborate on the Omagh set-up?
Regards
S Neil.

Christmas Lights

I can exclusively reveal plan A (the blanket) will be continued next year. However a few tweaks will be implemented with our lord's prayer said before all matches and a decade of the rosary at half time. Yes!! Let's do this. ( Maybe somebody is feeding me bullshit?)

Do Tyrone pray before matches? I can't see that being true. I'm calling bullsh1t on that accusation

redhandefender

Quote from: ose 14 on October 23, 2017, 07:05:00 AM

this is one of the stupidest things I have read on here, what are you talking about?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Christmas Lights on October 23, 2017, 01:50:03 PM

Do Tyrone pray before matches? I can't see that being true. I'm calling bullsh1t on that accusation

Ronan McNamee said in an article in the irish news (i think!) that they all went to mass on the morning of games, I definitely remember reading something like this in the summer perhaps that's what the reference is about.

lenny

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 23, 2017, 02:15:44 PM

They say the rosary before games. That came out last year and it shows the kind of player harte wants as part of his set up. Players who are slaves to a system and can't think for themselves. If the players had anything about them they would say they'll do their own praying in their own time but no they sit round in a circle and slavishly rhyme out the rosary as a group. That failure to think for themselves resulted in humiliation v Dublin.

WT4E

It was well discussed on here during the summer:

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=28048.0

southtyronegael

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 23, 2017, 02:15:44 PM

Ronan McNamee said in an article in the irish news (i think!) that they all went to mass on the morning of games, I definitely remember reading something like this in the summer perhaps that's what the reference is about.
no it was Harte that said they pray before games then his puppet mc namee came out and said the same thing and that he was cool with it as he goes to mass every Sunday and before games. Common knowledge at this stage

Jim Bob

Anything wrong with praying before games?

southtyronegael

Quote from: Jim Bob on October 23, 2017, 10:15:46 PM
nothing wrong with saying prayers to yourself if thats how u feel but for the group to be expected to say prayers at the behest of one religious fundamentalist is surely wrong?

redhandefender

Quote from: southtyronegael on October 23, 2017, 10:27:29 PM
nothing wrong with saying prayers to yourself if thats how u feel but for the group to be expected to say prayers at the behest of one religious fundamentalist is surely wrong?

This clown would be calling mickey harte the anti christ if they weren't praying.

I would doubt hes walking about making sure they are all saying the words. Its probably a reflective moment as a team anyone who wants to can pray others can tune in, no big deal. I am pretty sure all the lads are catholics

Jim Bob

Quote from: southtyronegael on October 23, 2017, 10:27:29 PM

Who said they were expected to pray ?