Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

Fancy omagh to have too much for errigal today, although it's likely to be a tight low scoring affair.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Puckoon

Proved true: well done St Endas 10-8 full time

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Puckoon on October 15, 2017, 05:51:04 PM
As poor a county final as I can remember. A real lack of quality from both sides, although omagh much the better side I thought.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

StGallsGAA

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 15, 2017, 07:03:07 PM
As poor a county final as I can remember. A real lack of quality from both sides, although omagh much the better side I thought.

Omagh got the points when it mattered and were the better team but not by a lot    First 15 minutes were all Errigal and they'll no doubt have gone into the break wondering how they only scored 1 point in the first half despite having played all the football.   They missed 3 gilt edged goal chances including a Peter Harte penalty.  Over the choose of the game they were denied 1-3 by hitting the woodwork.   Omagh were the better team in the 2nd half and went 5 up with 10 mins to go and  despite a late rally left themselves too much to do.  Best of luck to Omagh in Ulster

Puckoon

Omagh had a considerable number of wides in the first half it sounded like. Maybe 6-8?

southtyronegael

omagh too much quality. apart from first 10 and last 10 they pretty much dominated. could have kicked on and won more comfy when they had the chance goin 4 or 5 up. poor enough game though

rrhf

Omagh much the better team. Errigal werent at the races today, and entirely reliant on the genius of Peter Harte but overall when they missed their early chances they became too negative in their approach. Omagh should have had the game over at half time. Their half back line set up was brilliant in sweeping up the few  errigal attacks.however  Omagh until o Neill took a grip on the game were lacking leaders up front but most importantly they kept their discipline when the off the ball stuff was put their way. What was the penalty for? Going by the programme pen pics that errigal team is actually quite old. Poor game, omagh will struggle to match slaughtneill although I'd love to see them giving big it a rattle against a less defensive side.

blewuporstuffed

Penalty was for a pull back, possibly could have let it go, but probably was a penalty.
I thought the referee did rightly today.

Over the Bar

Quote from: StGallsGAA on October 15, 2017, 07:19:04 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 15, 2017, 07:03:07 PM

Omagh got the points when it mattered and were the better team but not by a lot    First 15 minutes were all Errigal and they'll no doubt have gone into the break wondering how they only scored 1 point in the first half despite having played all the football.   They missed 3 gilt edged goal chances including a Peter Harte penalty.  Over the choose of the game they were denied 1-3 by hitting the woodwork.   Omagh were the better team in the 2nd half and went 5 up with 10 mins to go and  despite a late rally left themselves too much to do.  Best of luck to Omagh in Ulster

Errigal  should have been ahead at HT but Omagh missed a lot too.  Errigal are very light up front emphasised by the fact Davy Harte is playing FF and is their top scorer.    Both teams were ultra defensive with 14 behind their 45 when the other team were attacking.  Not great to watch.

giveherlong

Thought the referee should have played advantage for the penalty. Errigal man had possession
Some footpass from Peter Harte to set up one of the 3 first half goal chance (one fumble, one save, one penalty)
Myler and O'Donnell had massive games for Omagh closely followed by Conan Grugan who gave aidan McCrory the run around
Big Conor Clarke done a right bit of spoiling around the middle but is along way off intercounty pace
Omagh's tackling and turnovers forced  was very impressive

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: giveherlong on October 15, 2017, 10:51:24 PM
Thought the referee should have played advantage for the penalty. Errigal man had possession
Some footpass from Peter Harte to set up one of the 3 first half goal chance (one fumble, one save, one penalty)
Myler and O'Donnell had massive games for Omagh closely followed by Conan Grugan who gave aidan McCrory the run around
Big Conor Clarke done a right bit of spoiling around the middle but is along way off intercounty pace
Omagh's tackling and turnovers forced  was very impressive

A shame the way Conor Clarke has gone back.

Remember his as a minor and his first couple of years on the county team and looked like he was going to be mainstay for years to come, he was very lean and mobile back then.

Omagh are probably the best equipped team in Tyrone to give Ulster a rattle. Is Justy struggling with an injury at the minute? He didn't start either the semi or the final.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: southtyronegael on October 15, 2017, 07:43:12 PM
omagh too much quality. apart from first 10 and last 10 they pretty much dominated. could have kicked on and won more comfy when they had the chance goin 4 or 5 up. poor enough game though

Watching the quality free flowing football on offer from the two best teams in the county yesterday would make you wonder how Harte hasn't Tyrone beating the Dubs easily playing similar tactics. With all the top class forwards on display it should be an easy job dominating at county level.

Poor enough game I thought yesterday. Both teams playing quite similar defensive football. Too much short pass and moving the ball about around the 50. Errigal were behind and every time they got a score sat back and let Omagh walk up the pitch and pick off scores at the other end.

rrhf

Pomeroy and Trillick will be looking to next year already. Time for new blood at the final.

Wee Roddy

12 quid into that pish
The sooner some man changes the mindset in Tyrone football the better. Good players are becoming robots. The u21 final was twice the game

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Wee Roddy on October 16, 2017, 10:01:11 AM
12 quid into that pish
The sooner some man changes the mindset in Tyrone football the better. Good players are becoming robots. The u21 final was twice the game

It was the lack of quality that made it so poor to watch rather than the defensive setups I thought.
A huge amount of handling errors, cheap turnovers and bad wides from both sides.