Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onthe40

Quote from: longballin on October 13, 2017, 10:04:48 AM
Not sure why Omagh are so highly rated and why Errigal so underrated. Thoughts of 2002 when Errigal huge underdogs beat Dromore. Expect to see a repeat on Sunday...

Maybe its something to do with the fact they were in an ulster club final a few years ago and have pretty much the same squad at their disposal bar 1-2 guys who retired?
Dont think its a case of Errigal being under-rated, maybe under the radar..their still a very young team who probably wouldnt have the same experience as Omagh but perceived to have enough quality to get them over the line

Knock Yer Mucker In

Fancy Omagh for this one, Errigal have not played a game where they have had to go to the wire, they do not know how they will react to that period in a game whenever their players gets really tested, will they stay together as a unit or fragment due to not trusting each other enough. Their draw has been very favourable. They met a Pomeroy side that had poor recovery time before they played Errigal in the semi, also John Loughran who has proved himself to be a big player for Pomeroy was injured with a hamy. They have not beaten any of the big teams to give them that deep belief required. However they will be confident , as thay had a very good league campaign and have made it to the final. Omagh on the other hand have been really tested against Trillick and came through it with flying colours, they will not doubt themselves in the period when they are under the cosh. Just think Omagh are a better TEAM and physically superior also, whats the weather forecast on Sunday, as a wet soft day would give Omagh an advantage due to the size and strength they have.

Club boi

Quote from: longballin on October 12, 2017, 09:36:44 AM
Clonoe can thank Collie Doris more than Cassidy for their successes, he orchestrated that team.

Whatever peoples opinion of Cassidy, I was talking to a couple of supporters (and 1 ex player) who all feel the players at the time get very little credit for what they achieved. 2 Championships (should have been more IMO) and a couple league titles in his time

Collie Doris was up there with the best in the county in his prime, and they had a mean defence, But these supporters say Doris was the man who won them their 2 titles

Dire Ear

Did Cassidy have a problem with Clonoe boys playing with Tyrone?

Christmas Lights

StGallsGAA

Quote from: Onthe40 on October 13, 2017, 09:22:02 AM
Well folks, its showpiece weekend, Omagh or Errigal?

(The winners await Kilcoo/Slaughtneill in Ulster 1st round - daunting prospect)

Omagh probably favorites but is there a big performance lurking in this Errigal side?

Any word if it will be one of the featured county finals on tg4?

an léirmheastóir

Quote from: Club boi on October 13, 2017, 12:24:05 PM
Clonoe can thank Collie Doris more than Cassidy for their successes, he orchestrated that team.

Whatever peoples opinion of Cassidy, I was talking to a couple of supporters (and 1 ex player) who all feel the players at the time get very little credit for what they achieved. 2 Championships (should have been more IMO) and a couple league titles in his time

Collie Doris was up there with the best in the county in his prime, and they had a mean defence, But these supporters say Doris was the man who won them their 2 titles

Would you and I be talking to the same few people or would this be a common opinion amongst Clonoe folk?

Mikhailov

Quote from: StGallsGAA on October 13, 2017, 08:32:37 PM
Quote from: Onthe40 on October 13, 2017, 09:22:02 AM
Well folks, its showpiece weekend, Omagh or Errigal?

(The winners await Kilcoo/Slaughtneill in Ulster 1st round - daunting prospect)

Omagh probably favorites but is there a big performance lurking in this Errigal side?

Any word if it will be one of the featured county finals on tg4?

Nemo v Finbarrs in deferred match - hurling is live game

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: an léirmheastóir on October 13, 2017, 08:40:46 PM

Would you and I be talking to the same few people or would this be a common opinion amongst Clonoe folk?

Colly was a great player for us, and without him we wouldn't have won those championships, but I could also say the same about Aidan Brady, Mickey O Neill and Stephen Mc Nulty who kicked the 45 that won the championship in 08. All very important players, each team has them and they all bring very important qualities that you need to win. But to be fair to Colly he had that extra quality. Every team has and needs one. I felt we got very little credit for our 08 victory, and to win that championship we beat Errigal, Carrickmore and Dromore, we threw away 2011, Colly Donnelly had a tap over score to win it, he missed and they went up and scored, game over.

longballin

Quote from: an léirmheastóir on October 13, 2017, 08:40:46 PM

I figured that out for myself.

vallankumous

Will the County Final be streamed anywhere or is on TTM?

ONeill

NTS V Hill next week bigger than any county final.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Aaron Boone

Coalisland into Div 1 League Final, 3 pt win over Dromore GFC.

Archie53

Dungannon v Aghyaran for place in Div 1 promotion final. I go for Aghyaran dont think they can handle McNamee.

clarshack

Quote from: Archie53 on October 15, 2017, 01:07:47 AM
Dungannon v Aghyaran for place in Div 1 promotion final. I go for Aghyaran dont think they can handle McNamee.

could and should have been us playing the clarkes next sun. we missed a penalty with a minute to go. not only that but mickey mccann called a square ball for their goal. play then goes on for about a minute and a half to two minutes and Aghyaran shoot for a point but it goes high and wide. McCann then tells the umpire to wave the green flag as he's changed his mind about the square ball. you couldn't make it up. we've never had any luck in that place. anyway thought McNamee was superb for them while McHugh was poor enough.
Clarkes couldn't beat Aghyaran earlier in the season when McNamee wasn't playing so for that reason Aghyaran will probably win again and then they'll beat either Strabane or Urney to go up to Div 1 imo.