The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 27, 2022, 06:28:32 PM
Had a ticket for today. Swapped it for wolves to be at a wedding today.

Not amused.
Good wedding?

seafoid

All Liverpool have to do is beat Man City home and away.

Orior

Quote from: ONeill on August 27, 2022, 10:06:08 PM
Is there something up with the Liverpool support this year? Even today I could hear the Bournemouth fans more than the home crowd.

Liverpool are definitely the most intimidating fanbase when they get going but I thought there has been something a bit muted about them this year.

It might be a case of knowing there's a long season ahead again and bigger occasions.

Ultra sections at smaller clubs are the best.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

RedHand88

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 27, 2022, 10:56:01 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 27, 2022, 03:23:31 PM
2 nil up after 20mins.

Citeh 2 nil down at home to Palace.

85 points could win the league this year.

How'd the city game end up?

4-2 to City. Did you not watch MOTD? Probably not...

I've watched it twice now. Great viewing.

Milltown Row2

Was out, Bat out Hell musical.. a lot more enjoyable than watching City giving teams false hope
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

markl121

Quote from: Orior on August 28, 2022, 08:37:02 AM
Is there something up with the Liverpool support this year? Even today I could hear the Bournemouth fans more than the home crowd.

Liverpool are definitely the most intimidating fanbase when they get going but I thought there has been something a bit muted about them this year.

It might be a case of knowing there's a long season ahead again and bigger occasions.

They really aren't. Palace aren't too bad and sing about their own club, but I was stood right beside the bournemouth away fans yesterday. 90 seconds in "where's your famous atmosphere" followed by a rotation of "is this a library" "2 nil and you still don't sing (increase as appropriate) " "southerners southerners southerners" "we've got the ball"..... or "we've lost the ball" "who are ya who are ya"
Anfield was decent yesterday, TV cameras always have the mics pointed at the away fans but when you're anywhere else in the ground other than right beside them, you can't hear much. A relentless drone of noise that isn't reactive to the actual game is shite, like teams in the rest of Europe beating drums and waving flags when its just meh.
Away fans at Anfield literally all sing the same shite. Why are they turning up expecting it to be a Barcelona champions league atmosphere when we are 2 up after 5 mins on a Saturday 3pm kickoff.
When the atmosphere is required it is often provided.

Some things need binning off, like making people sit in the Anfield road end when its all got rails now. They didn't make us sit yesterday but three or four games in there last year it was sit down after 5 mins. Standing is essential to atmosphere. Asking for signs at games is also brutal, three or four in and around me yesterday too.

gawa316

Quote from: markl121 on August 28, 2022, 05:09:47 PM

They really aren't. Palace aren't too bad and sing about their own club, but I was stood right beside the bournemouth away fans yesterday. 90 seconds in "where's your famous atmosphere" followed by a rotation of "is this a library" "2 nil and you still don't sing (increase as appropriate) " "southerners southerners southerners" "we've got the ball"..... or "we've lost the ball" "who are ya who are ya"
Anfield was decent yesterday, TV cameras always have the mics pointed at the away fans but when you're anywhere else in the ground other than right beside them, you can't hear much. A relentless drone of noise that isn't reactive to the actual game is shite, like teams in the rest of Europe beating drums and waving flags when its just meh.
Away fans at Anfield literally all sing the same shite. Why are they turning up expecting it to be a Barcelona champions league atmosphere when we are 2 up after 5 mins on a Saturday 3pm kickoff.

Some things need binning off, like making people sit in the Anfield road end when its all got rails now. They didn't make us sit yesterday but three or four games in there last year it was sit down after 5 mins. Standing is essential to atmosphere. Asking for signs at games is also brutal, three or four in and around me yesterday too.

What happened at the game around the 75th min? Seemed to be a lot of jeering coming from the Bournemouth fans. It was during a substitute and everyone was looking to the Bournemouth end

RedHand88

Quote from: gawa316 on August 28, 2022, 07:27:48 PM
Quote from: markl121 on August 28, 2022, 05:09:47 PM

What happened at the game around the 75th min? Seemed to be a lot of jeering coming from the Bournemouth fans. It was during a substitute and everyone was looking to the Bournemouth end

I think someone had a few too many and had his top off gesturing at the away fans. He was led away by a steward.

markl121

Some fat lad has his shirt off and was giving them a bit of shit so he got took out. They then sang " we want our fatty back "  ;D

laoislad

Never in doubt  8)

Good enough for Newcastle play acting shite tonight.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

clarshack

played 2 mins over the 5. should that have been the case?

From the Bunker

laoislad

Quote from: clarshack on August 31, 2022, 10:00:48 PM
played 2 mins over the 5. should that have been the case?
Did you watch the game?
The 5 mins he added should have been about 8 to start with never mind the shite Newcastle were pulling in injury time.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.