AISF Maigh Eo v Tiobraid Arann, 1530 06ú Nollaig 2020

Started by macdanger2, November 23, 2020, 04:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Full panels will be permitted to attend the two All-Ireland semi finals this weekend.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Hound

Quote from: Blowitupref on November 30, 2020, 02:45:21 PM
Full panels will be permitted to attend the two All-Ireland semi finals this weekend.
Dubs are taking the Hill  8)

larryin89

Quote from: galwayman on November 27, 2020, 03:47:26 PM
Are you talking about Comer being on the bench?
Galway started 14 of the named 15.
The guy that didn't play was being given every chance to be right but wasn't ready by game day.
They are forced to name the team by a certain day.

You trying to make little of the comer debacle ? Joyce played silly beggars and all this nonsense about Padraig joyce been all straight as a dye , would ya give over , ' no damien won't play any part , 4 - 6 weeks ,so it would take a miracle "

Absolute fraud . Poor manager imo , won't be long at the helm.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

moysider

Quote from: larryin89 on November 30, 2020, 10:16:45 PM
The guy that didn't play was being given every chance to be right but wasn't ready by game day.

You trying to make little of the comer debacle ? Joyce played silly beggars and all this nonsense about Padraig joyce been all straight as a dye , would ya give over , ' no damien won't play any part , 4 - 6 weeks ,so it would take a miracle "

I wouldn't see it that way Lar. Comer couldn't be fit for Mayo game but he still was a huge distraction when introduced. He pinned down one of Mayo's best defenders and a launch pad for attacks. We only got over the line there. Conroy and Walsh played hell and we were lucky that no other Galway forward did anything much. We handled Walsh and Conroy poorly.

chrissears

That was pure psychology by Joyce and it nearly worked, he won't be the first and he won't be the last. We, Mayo should have won by 5 or 6 points but we didn't, we got over the line by the skin of our teeth. We will need to make better decisions against Tipperary.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: chrissears on November 30, 2020, 11:38:26 PM
That was pure psychology by Joyce and it nearly worked, he won't be the first and he won't be the last. We, Mayo should have won by 5 or 6 points but we didn't, we got over the line by the skin of our teeth. We will need to make better decisions against Tipperary.
I have to agree with all that. Bringing on Comer was a calculated risk and it nearly worked. As moysider says, he pinned down one of our best defenders and proved a huge distraction for our defenders. The Mayo psyche is a bit brittle at the best of times and with Comer's arrival, the defence lost whatever little bit of composure they had left.
It wasn't that he was going to do anything spectacular but his presence unsettled our backs.
WE were indeed 5 or 6 points the better side but, like far too many times before, we were hanging on for the final whistle.

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

MayoBuck

I don't think comer upset our defence much. Mullin had been marking Burke and just moved on to comer when the substitution happened.

Our biggest issue was not having a strong lead at half time. Galway were always going to come back strong with the wind at their backs.

Blowitupref

Quote from: moysider on November 30, 2020, 11:01:57 PM

I wouldn't see it that way Lar. Comer couldn't be fit for Mayo game but he still was a huge distraction when introduced. He pinned down one of Mayo's best defenders and a launch pad for attacks. We only got over the line there. Conroy and Walsh played hell and we were lucky that no other Galway forward did anything much. We handled Walsh and Conroy poorly.

Walsh, Conroy scored 0-6 between them from play, scoring some top individual points that only players of their quality can score for Galway. Comer probably would have scored another few from play if he was fit to start that match and enough to turn a 1 point loss into a win.

Conor Sweeney, Michael Quinlivan are Tipps main marksmens and I'll be surprised if they are allowed in for any easy scores when man marked by experienced defenders in the likes of Barrett and Keegan.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Farrandeelin

Forearmed is forewarned as they say. Nobody will take anything he says with a pinch of salt again. At least we won the match. I mentioned earlier in this thread that our forwards have to be more efficient with the ball. If the same level of waywardness happens on Sunday, we'll be hanging on at the end at best once again.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

larryin89

Jordan Flynn and James Carr have a role to play here,  I understand everyone will jump in saying ff line is flying with T C , aido and cillian but I'm still not convinced at all with loftus playing midfield,  we are not winning enough primary ball in the middle , even against roscommon yer man crompton I think is his name lorded it for a right few balls , only they were poor from there onwards that game could of been a lot closer .

I'd like to see aos move back to midfield , bring in carr then . Jordan Flynn can field a ball, I'm not sure we could drop ruane to the bench though . It's a scary thought but perhaps Kevin mcloughlin should be benched . Ryan o Donoghue not doing a lot either . Diarmuid is not firing also and that's a while going on . Point being just cause we beat ros and Galway it doesn't necessarily mean it's been the best 15 or all players have played well .

Shot selection was dire the last day I counted three in the first ten mins , Ryan o Donoghue,  mattie ruane and Lee keegan all fluffed stupid shots instead of recycling the ball , cillain should of also netted his chance that's 1-3 missed in first ten mins , dubs wouldn't of wasted such a period to bury a team .

macdanger2

I had a look at the scorers for both teams and it seems like we both have a fairly even spread:

Player   Total
COC:    1-22 (0-14)
Conroy   1-4
DOC   1-2
AOS:   0-3
Ruane   0-3
Durcan   0-3
Walsh   0-3
Loftus   0-2
Carr   0-1
KMcL   0-1
ROD   0-1

Player   Total
Sweeney   1-18 (0-9)
Quinlivan   0-6
Casey   1-3
Kennedy   0-5
Maher   1-0
Fahey   0-2
O'Brien   0-1
Comerford   0-1
Austin   0-1
Kiely   0-1
Moloney   0-1
Boland   0-1

Durcan is our only back to score so far this year which is a big change from previous years.

macdanger2

Quote from: larryin89 on December 01, 2020, 10:03:03 PM
Jordan Flynn and James Carr have a role to play here,  I understand everyone will jump in saying ff line is flying with T C , aido and cillian but I'm still not convinced at all with loftus playing midfield,  we are not winning enough primary ball in the middle , even against roscommon yer man crompton I think is his name lorded it for a right few balls , only they were poor from there onwards that game could of been a lot closer .

I'd like to see aos move back to midfield , bring in carr then . Jordan Flynn can field a ball, I'm not sure we could drop ruane to the bench though . It's a scary thought but perhaps Kevin mcloughlin should be benched . Ryan o Donoghue not doing a lot either . Diarmuid is not firing also and that's a while going on . Point being just cause we beat ros and Galway it doesn't necessarily mean it's been the best 15 or all players have played well .

Shot selection was dire the last day I counted three in the first ten mins , Ryan o Donoghue,  mattie ruane and Lee keegan all fluffed stupid shots instead of recycling the ball , cillain should of also netted his chance that's 1-3 missed in first ten mins , dubs wouldn't of wasted such a period to bury a team .

He has some potential but I wouldn't even consider starting him based on what he's shown so far. I agree that we have problems at MF though but if Horan has stuck with Loftus this far, he's not going to drop him for Croker imo

rosnarun

Quote from: macdanger2 on December 02, 2020, 04:29:24 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on December 01, 2020, 10:03:03 PM

He has some potential but I wouldn't even consider starting him based on what he's shown so far. I agree that we have problems at MF though but if Horan has stuck with Loftus this far, he's not going to drop him for Croker imo
Jordan has other qualities to make him a possible starter . if he can control his aggression but not too much he would be a different type of player for mayo.

I think the team horan has picked all year has been aimed at croke park with the dubs in mind, every player he has added has brought a freshness  and speed to the game .its Why Aidan is Full forward and Loftus midfield Aidan would slow things down a bit where as the Ruane and loftus  it all about continuity and speed.
Not necessary the best player but the right players for the way Horan wants then to play.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Rossfan

When ye're lads win Sam they won't be allowed bring him home.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

larryin89

Quote from: Rossfan on December 03, 2020, 05:56:39 PM
When ye're lads win Sam they won't be allowed bring him home.

How many of yer lads were born last time ros were in a semi final ?