TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

It's been widely praised for it's approach and not adopting corny Russian accents funnily enough. I think it works well here, have seen it being awful elsewhere tho, most notably in Alexander (The Great) that was just awful.

bennydorano

Suburra on Netflix -  a Crime drama / Mafiosa type thing based in Rome is pretty good, just finished S1.

Gomorrah S4 returns in June to Sky as well.

imtommygunn

life in pieces on amazon. It's hilarious.

gallsman

Good first episode of Killing Eve S2. Don't think the show is as great as made out but it's entertaining.

Newbridge Exile

three episodes in and Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime pretty decent viewing

screenexile

Chernobyl was pretty much a masterpiece of storytelling what a great series and it's done and dusted so can't be ruined which is great!!

Black Mirror is still excellent watched all 3 today and have to say the Smithereens episode is my favourite. I'm a big fan of Andrew Scott and he puts in a great performance.

Striking Vipers is a close second and is probably a real classic episode along the lines of San Junipero etc with VR and relationships getting mixed up it's one that could happen soon!

The Miley Cyrus episode was a bit shit really wasn't a fan!

Godsown

Quote from: bennydorano on June 05, 2019, 06:47:02 PM
Suburra on Netflix -  a Crime drama / Mafiosa type thing based in Rome is pretty good, just finished S1.

Dubbing is terrible on this show

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Esmarelda on May 25, 2019, 06:22:12 PM
Quote from: Solo_run on May 21, 2019, 10:40:30 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 15, 2019, 12:07:54 PM
Enjoying Chernobyl on Sky Atlantic, although the "ey oop, lad" accents of some of the characters takes a bit of getting used to.

Who needs fictional TV shows when you have this on. It's dark, intense and captivating.

The only annoyance I have is the range of accents in it. Should have made it authentic and used Russian actors with subs
Couldn't agree more. Accents, while not ruining it, make it hard to take seriously. Why didn't they just make a fictional show about Sellafield?

No need, it had its own meltdown and fire that was largely covered up in 1957.  UK government just changed its name from Windscale to Sellafield, built some more storage ponds and threw the remains of the nuclear material into them and set up the nuclear dustbin for the world.  The ponds are now breaking down and possibly leaking, so they are being emptied in a very slow and dangerous process. The waste water flows into the Irish Sean and the tide carries it away from Britain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windscale_fire

bennydorano

Quote from: Godsown on June 06, 2019, 01:34:40 AM

Change the settings, I prefer the original voices with subtitles

Godsown

Quote from: bennydorano on June 06, 2019, 08:21:08 AM
Quote from: Godsown on June 06, 2019, 01:34:40 AM

Change the settings, I prefer the original voices with subtitles

👍

straightred

When they see us - 4 part mini series on Netflix about the wrongful conviction of 5 kids for the rape of a woman in central park new york in 1989. Very good.... and Trump was as big a buffoon back then as he is now !

tyrone girl

Theres no place like Tyrone!!! Give me strength.
Did anyone watch this? I never watched a bigger pile of dung in my life  :o

gallsman

For any Deadwood fans, the movie that aired on HBO last Friday is excellent.

Two hours way too much of course to wrap everything up satisfactorily and sadly no Powers Boothe but should enjoyable to all fans.

general_lee

Quote from: tyrone girl on June 06, 2019, 09:58:44 AM
Theres no place like Tyrone!!! Give me strength.
Did anyone watch this? I never watched a bigger pile of dung in my life  :o
Never seen a bigger pile of shite in my life. Must need to be Protestant to find it funny

Hereiam

A protestant show for the protestant people.