Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

centre 3/4s

You can laugh spirit I was at the game last night and the cross gave you lot the fill of it, yous can be thankful you are in div. 2 wouldn get away with 10 passengers in div. 1

Dulaney

The score difference looks rather depressing for alot of teams in Division 1, 12/13 games played and only 3 teams in the plus figures!!! :o Mayobridge and Kilcoo are well ahead of the rest of the pack but its a suprising one with Castlewellan, they must be having a hell of an unfortunate year and being beaten by 1/2points in alot of games to be sitting 8th in the table and +23 compared to those teams around them, i remember they were the only team to beat Mayobridge twice last year and i'd expect it'll be a tight match on friday night between the two.
Went up the the bridge longstone match on sunday and with the celebrations of their 50th and a big home crowd i expected a strong challenge from Longstone but it never really seemed likely. Although longstone were missing a few players it was the same for mayobridge!! there seems to be a conveyor belt of talent in the bridge at the minute with a strong minor team who have c/ship ambitions and why not with the likes of Ryan Brady.  He looked very impressive on sunday and gave his man an awful time. its hard to see him not figuring in the c/ship but look at the forwards already available!!!! With still a relatively young team, complacency seems the only thing that could stop the bridge

dundrumite

Quote from: Dannymcfella on July 29, 2008, 09:51:40 AM
Quote from: DownFanatic on July 28, 2008, 10:04:26 PM
Down ACFL Division 2
Banbridge 1-17  Dundrum 3-08

Great game. Played at a fast pace throughout. Banbridge were the dominant team in the 1st half while we played very well in the 2nd half. There has been some definite improvement in our performances the past few games.
Once again turnovers are killing us. Everytime that we give the ball away we concede a score. Banbridge are a very good team. They move the ball really well and at full forward they have a county standard player in Paddy Feeney.

That was Paddys first game in a few months because of injury. Last night was the first time in God knows how long we had our full team to choose from with players coming back from injury and holidays (conor lunny takes 5 holidays a season!!). Started off well on top and for the first 20 mins looked as if it would be handy enough win, but Dundrum fought back and made a game of it. If they keep performing like they did especially in the second half the will pick up a few points and force a playoff. there CHF (CV, womanising drunk ;)) done well and most of their play went through him, unfortunate for them McComiskeys injury cause if he had of been fit I would have strongly fancied them to stay up
Some might call him a casanova whom enjoys a tipple  ;) Where as others might call him just a drunk :o
Second game in a row we put a fight up against a top three team, sadly means shite all in terms of the league table. Bann are probably the most improved team in the county over the last 2 seasons and are looking good for a top 4 finish.
Whatever happened the whole Warrenpoint/Belmont incident, it seems to have died a death in terms of media publicity????

Dannymcfella

Its been found out to be an absolute punch of lies, where no assault even took place never mind by any Banbridge players. Ya will hear more about it soon enough

I'll stick by the drunk womaniser who likes to think of himself of a casanove who fools himself into thinking he doesn't have a drink problem but rather as someone who like a tipple

AnDunYeGo

St Pauls , was down at the match last night myself, and i think you should be worrying about the silly fouls you gave away instead of referee's decisions (albeit a half dodgy one) ;). especially in the second half, where it cost you several easy points

spiritof91and94

Quote from: centre 3/4s on July 29, 2008, 01:38:46 PM
You can laugh spirit I was at the game last night and the cross gave you lot the fill of it, yous can be thankful you are in div. 2 wouldn get away with 10 passengers in div. 1

Eh, who rattled your cage? it has nothing to do with the fact we are eight players short at the minute..including Maginn, Hanna, Brannigan, Travers, King, Howard ;)

D4S

Hope the Ulster support will support each other this weekend in Croke Park.  I'd say the Fermanagh and Monaghan fans probably will, hope the Down and Tyrone fans do the same,  I know I would definitely like to see all four ulster teams progress this weekend!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

its me again

as a man from outside the county one thing always stands out to me, the lack of Kilcoo men on either the U21 or Senior teams/panels yet they seem to be there or there abouts every year plus have had good underage success in recent years

can anyone shed any light on this??

stpauls

Quote from: AnDunYeGo on July 29, 2008, 03:21:13 PM
St Pauls , was down at the match last night myself, and i think you should be worrying about the silly fouls you gave away instead of referee's decisions (albeit a half dodgy one) ;). especially in the second half, where it cost you several easy points

that is a fair point ADYG, and we can certainly do with cutting down on them, but quite a number of the frees given against us last night were dodgy decisions!! our giving away of silly frees do tend to come when we are in a close match and our guys start to panic a bit!! they just need to learn to keep the heads and tackle properly!!

centre 3/4s

Quote from: spiritof91and94 on July 29, 2008, 03:32:58 PM

Eh, who rattled your cage? it has nothing to do with the fact we are eight players short at the minute..including Maginn, Hanna, Brannigan, Travers, King, Howard ;)

Right enough well if you put it like that!!  ;D

mournerambler

Quote from: spiritof91and94 on July 29, 2008, 03:32:58 PM

Terrible that you have to line out with just 7 players @ the minute 'spirit'  ???

stiff breeze

any1 any info on the reserve championship dates?

Square Ball

Quote from: Colonel Cool on July 29, 2008, 01:34:24 AM
I have to get this on before Lecale2 does.
Bredagh minor hurlers beat Ballycran by a point last night in a league match. I wasn't there but by all accounts it was well deserved win. Giood luck to them. Bredagh are doing great work for hurling and have been for a while. They enjoyed the win last night and so they should. Down needs more hurling clubs and the work of Danny Hughes, Liam Quinn and others is paying off.  Fair paly to them.

I was at this game, a great hard well fought game with plenty of skill on show as well, great win for the Bredagh boys, lets hope they can challenge the boys for the Ards at all underage levels, it can only benefit the county to have more teams challenging the Ards dominance.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

lfdown2

this weekend stiff breeze, yesterdays Irish news

general

any report on the glenn mitchells game Minus15??

mitchells for div 4??