GAA to give the GPA €6 million per annum as part of new agreement

Started by Owenmoresider, July 25, 2016, 01:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Aristocrat

Could find anything on the open net but the GPA is a registered company and it's accounts are or should be available to buy for a few euros from the CRO or other cheaper providers like solocheck and duedil etc.

It will tell you how much they paid in salaries (if anything). The company accounts won't however detail individual salaries or expenses.

Who wants to email the GPA and ask for a list of salaries and expenses and then the GAA for how much of the GPA funding comes from ticket sales to matches from all the lads at GAABoard.com ?

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: The Aristocrat on July 26, 2016, 02:50:47 PM
Could find anything on the open net but the GPA is a registered company and it's accounts are or should be available to buy for a few euros from the CRO or other cheaper providers like solocheck and duedil etc.

It will tell you how much they paid in salaries (if anything). The company accounts won't however detail individual salaries or expenses.

Who wants to email the GPA and ask for a list of salaries and expenses and then the GAA for how much of the GPA funding comes from ticket sales to matches from all the lads at GAABoard.com ?

No need to email the GAA, it's 0%. http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/confirmed-gaa-and-gpa-strike-deal-on-6m-annual-partnership-34908651.html
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

rrhf

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on July 26, 2016, 02:58:24 PM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on July 26, 2016, 02:50:47 PM

No need to email the GAA, it's 0%. gpa-strike-[/color]deal-on-6m-annual-partnership-34908651.html]http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/confirmed-gaa-and-gpa-strike-deal-on-6m-annual-partnership-34908651.html

screenexile

I personally think the €200k for surgical intervention is a bit of a kick in the teeth to clubs!!

CLubs are being crippled with Cruciates/Hip surgeries/Shoulder surgeries and the GAA scheme doesn't come near to covering costs when all is said and done and that's before you look at loss of earnings for some lads!

The GAA should be setting aside an extra €6.2 million for Club injury bills rather than servicing the County Player who currently gets well enough looked after anyway!!!

rrhf

How much do the GAA volunteers who subscribe at the gate pay extra to fund these guys. 
This is another blow to the real GAA. 

Lone Shark

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on July 26, 2016, 10:08:46 AM
Complete and utter roll over from HQ. All about the $ in the GPA. To run their programmes they should need a fixed sum, not a percentage of the GAA's net central commercial revenue.

This bit troubles me greatly. I've never been a fan of the GPA, either the organisation as it is currently constituted, or the very concept of it. However if it does exist, surely then it should be as advocates and possibly administrators of schemes directed at county players. It cannot be allowed to decide what projects are and aren't worthwhile in isolation, because there are a myriad of things they could do that would run contrary to the aims and rules of the GAA as a whole.

If the GPA goes to the GAA and says we want to do X - let's take increasing the mileage payment as an example. Then Central Council should sit down, discuss it, make a decision, and say yay or nay. If the GPA is to have a seat on Central Council, I could even get over that. If Central Council decides yay, then allocate the funds, and by all means let the GPA then administer.

However that's completely different to giving them a blank cheque, with no commitment in return on how the money will be used. If the GAA drives a good deal with the various broadcasters and this 15% returns €4m instead of the current projection of €3m (for argument's sake) then what's to stop Dessie and the top brass from congratulating themselves on a job well done and awarding themselves half the extra million as a bonus for being great negotiators??

This stinks to high heaven, and is completely anathema to how the GPA should be funded. It'll be the centrepiece of my Offaly Independent Column this week, and I'll be writing to my club and my county board to express my concern, to make sure delegates are aware of it. I'd hope many of ye will do the same.

seafoid

Quote from: Maroon Manc on July 26, 2016, 11:04:51 AM
After the reading it again it looks like most of the extra 4 millions is accounted for with 1.5m going on mileage, 1.2m for nutritional expenses and 0.8m on player services.

Anyone have an idea of what salary Farrell is on?

Nutritional expenses are funny. They could just as well call it handpass compensation although this would unfairly compensate Ulster players. They can't call it pay so they have to give it a bullshit title.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Real Talk

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 25, 2016, 10:18:14 PM
will they publish the salaries the full time GPA staff are receiving?

and will they as a starting point also Publish the Salaries of the General Sec of the GAA (P Duffy) and the salaries of the full time officers in the Leinster, Ulster, Connaught and Munster Councils .... this question was asked at Congress a few years ago but no answer was given ..... probably it wasn't deemed to be in the National (GAA) Interest

seafoid

How many.players does the GPA represent?

Nutritional expenses is up there with the finest of euphemisms.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: seafoid on July 29, 2016, 08:37:40 AM

so county players are being paid to eat fruit & veg?

rrhf

lenny

Drug testing should be introduced immediately because I'm very suspicious about the players from a couple of counties. I've already heard anecdotal evidence re a few top players from one top Ulster county but I'd be pretty sure a good number of players are trying to give themselves an edge.

AZOffaly

Keepthefaith93

Quote from: screenexile on July 26, 2016, 03:10:56 PM
I personally think the €200k for surgical intervention is a bit of a kick in the teeth to clubs!!

Clubs are being crippled with Cruciates/Hip surgeries/Shoulder surgeries and the GAA scheme doesn't come near to covering costs when all is said and done and that's before you look at loss of earnings for some lads!

The GAA should be setting aside an extra €6.2 million for Club injury bills rather than servicing the County Player who currently gets well enough looked after anyway!!!

Couldn't agree more Screenexile.

The GAA really need to look at themselves.

The GPA are parasite that have zero interest in the good of the game or of the 99% of people who play it.
I have been involved in football for as long as i can remember, have played, managed and coached at all ages and can honestly say the way the organisation is going makes me sick.

There is never a week goes by that people from clubs all over Ulster are not knocking my door trying to sell tickets to keep their clubs going and fair play to them. My own club are constantly trying to raise money to keep things ticking over and thank God the people in our area are very generous and always support us but its getting harder and harder every year.

My children all play GAA and I love the game but Croke Park and the GPA are loosing the people who make it so great.

The next time i hear some suit from Croke Park or the Derry County Board saying our clubs are the life blood of the game i am going to hit him a kick in the stones. Our f**king Senior Club Championship was played off like an U12 Blitz last year.

BennyHarp

Quote from: lenny on July 29, 2016, 09:49:28 AM

Drug testing should be introduced immediately because I'm very suspicious about the players from a couple of counties. I've already heard anecdotal evidence re a few top players from one top Ulster county but I'd be pretty sure a good number of players are trying to give themselves an edge.

Drug testing already exists but I'm sure your anecdotal evidence from a bloke down the pub is much more substantial!
That was never a square ball!!