County Final Attendances

Started by Lone Shark, November 01, 2016, 03:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: macdanger2 on November 02, 2016, 10:06:52 AM
5300 for Mayo is very poor considering it was a double header with the Intermediate and that Castlebar were playing at home. Attendances would have been much higher 10-15 years back. The expected one-sided nature of the match may have played a part. Prices were 15 for adult, 10 for students/oap, 5 for u16 and free for u14

Castlebar never had huge support.

Consider all the competing sports in the town and that ParkeKC, Ballintubber and Islandeady are other clubs very close by, not to mention Breaffy.
MWWSI 2017

Unlaoised

Laois  football 4300 at football

Laois Hurling 4400 ..hurling reply 5200
LAOIS ABÚ

rosnarun

A lot of county final can be affect by the novelty factor or other wise .I can imagine Armagh or Laois finals were much fun for the last decade or so
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

The Hill is Blue

Full house at Parnell Park today for Dublin final. I haven't seen the official attendance figure yet.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

southtyronegael

local newspapers in tyrone were quoting an attendance of 'almost 10000' for the first game and 7500 for the replay. i attended both games and feel this is accurate.

redhandroar

Quote from: southtyronegael on November 10, 2016, 11:24:30 PM
local newspapers in tyrone were quoting an attendance of 'almost 10000' for the first game and 7500 for the replay. i attended both games and feel this is accurate.

I had heard just over 8500 for the first match - which was higher than usual apparently and just under 5000 for the replay. These don't count u16 though as they don't pay and so can't be counted.
The stand, which seats 5000, was full for the first match with a good crowd on the terrace side and while it (the stand) wasn't totally full for the replay the crowd on the terrace side would have filled any empty seats so these sound about right.

southtyronegael

i thought the stand was actually fuller the second night as it was wet and there was deffo a couple of thousand on the terraces which would leave it at at least 7 thousand.

waterfordlad

3811 at Waterford hurling final. I haven't heard any figure for football final.

redhandroar

Quote from: southtyronegael on November 11, 2016, 10:11:07 PM
i thought the stand was actually fuller the second night as it was wet and there was deffo a couple of thousand on the terraces which would leave it at at least 7 thousand.

I stand corrected - I was getting mixed up with the Cargin game - too many matches! Yes there were about 7500 at the second match as far as I recall.