Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

on the sideline

Tweet from the Irish News saying Harte has confirmed he's leaving his position as Tyrone manager in an interview with Brendan Crossan in this weekends paper.

RedHand88

Well that's that. What an era! Will go down as the greatest manager in Tyrone football.

square_ball

Quote from: on the sideline on November 13, 2020, 09:33:36 PM
Tweet from the Irish News saying Harte has confirmed he's leaving his position as Tyrone manager in an interview with Brendan Crossan in this weekends paper.

No wonder his column today was so glowing today. Mickey had give him his retirement interview.

Angelo

So many great, great memories under Harte.

A legend of Tyrone GAA. All the best Mickey.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Tyrone Gaa

Farewell Mickey Harte - Legend

Thankfully he didn't try to fight and make the process messy. He will forever be a Tyrone GAA legend but the time was right for a change.

The next man in has an unenviable task to follow MH. Almost like following Fergie at united and that's not going to well
Living the dream!!!

Jeremiah O

Farewell and good luck to the greatest manager we've ever had.
Unconquered and unconquerable

Fear ón Srath Bán

Some memories, some legacy, and some manager was Mickey Harte -- ádh mór ort a chara. 
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

omaghjoe

Just heard :o

Total Legend Mickey!

Thanks for the memories and bringing us to the Promised Land, we're eternally indebted

BennyHarp

It's been a pleasure to follow Mickey Harte's Tyrone teams over the years. Yes there have been frustrating times but that will always be outweighed by the best of days in 2003, 2005 and 2008. Thanks for the memories, Mickey! Lets hope he gets the respect he deserves over the coming days.
That was never a square ball!!

WT4E

Mickeys a legend.

County board should have agreed to his proposal and it was poor form. I'll be happy to see a change all the same to see if we can play a different style at least.

onlyonefut

I am old enough to remember the days when we won nothing. A huge thank you to Mickey Harte and I wish him well going forward.

Eire90

What will mickey do now is that him done with all mangement.

Angelo

I watched a video of the 05 final during the lockdown and the interview at the end where Harte breaks down when talking about Cormac would touch a raw nerve with you. His views might not have been to the liking of everyone but I think he was a very warm man deep down, I think he did an awful lot for a lot of those players outside their football lives.

I'm not sure how many GAA managers would have touched someone like McCarron after his past but Mickey did an awful lot to get him back and find some meaning in his life.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Christmas Lights

Gutted,  big mistake from Tyrone, one more non covid year under Mickey would have been good, he at least deserved that!! We will struggle to replace him, change isnt always for the best. Look at Manchester United and Arsenal for examples. Not always easy replacing massively successful managers,  no one will do for Tyrone what Mickey has done.

From the Bunker

In 18 years

3 All Irelands
1 National League
6 Ulster
12 McKenna Cups

In the last 10 years

2 Ulsters
8 McKenna Cups

Mickey is one of the best. Some say he had the players. And I would not disagree. He definitely had a great bunch circa 2002-2008. But it is doubtful that group would have won AI titles without him. He got the upper hand on a very good Kerry team of that era. The next generations were not as much up to speed. Ways and tactics of old are not as effective anymore. Probably stayed 5 years too long, but what do I know?