Donegal v Tyrone, Sunday Aug 5, Ballybofey

Started by Ball Hopper, July 21, 2018, 11:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dire Ear

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on August 06, 2018, 10:51:10 AM
I was so disappointed to be all square at 5 a piece, we had missed easy frees and shots and should have been 3 if not four up, to then hand Donegal an easy goal from Hampsey not going to the ball on a short KO was sickening. We kept Donegal in the game and then gave them the impetus to take control of the game, which they took full advantage of.  All the while you could see the players confidence dipping. Half time couldn't come quick enough to get ourselves settled. Harte was going to introduce those players anyway but the truth is he had no choice as we were toothless up front and those changes that were made were crying out for. Morgan, Big Colm, Mattie(best game the year) Harte and Hampsey were consistently good for the entire game. IMO this was game that we should have won easier and that we made more difficult for ourselves.
Agree with all of that-  but it means there will be no complacency for the next game

tyrone08

Has anyone seen this article-

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/gaa/donegal-relegated-referee-colm-cavanagh-tackle-171455

This may have been the case if the pictures didnt show McHugh running towards Colm with the shoulder. Colm didnt have to move out his way. 

RedHand88

Quote from: tyrone08 on August 06, 2018, 03:31:38 PM

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/gaa/donegal-relegated-referee-colm-cavanagh-tackle-171455

This may have been the case if the pictures didnt show McHugh running towards Colm with the shoulder. Colm didnt have to move out his way.

This is unbelievably sad. Such cherry picking.

haranguerer

If you pass any remarks on anything on Joe.ie, especially anything by that eejit, you've got bigger issues than the name of your county being besmirched

Jayop

Such shite. McHugh should have been gone in the first half himself so shouldn't have been on the pitch to charge into Colm.

Sweeper 123

nut we cant argue about the over carrying - its something that seems to happen time and time again in both codes  Lack of consistency by the refs

Jayop

Just watched the highlights on the Sunday Game last night. They didn't show the kick out during the game at all that was given as a throw ball as it was taken while they showed a replay of something else. They showed it there and I haven't a clue what it was pulled back for. The ball went well far enough.

Anyone know what the problem was?

omaghjoe

Quote from: tyrone08 on August 06, 2018, 03:31:38 PM

Conan Doherty has a history of histrionic articles with an anti Tyrone slant.

Probably taking his lead from Armagh and Derry eejits on here... I pity the lad.

omaghjoe

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 06, 2018, 11:57:19 AM
BTW, who is this Lanigan fella that plays for Donegal? Ger Canning was on about him all day!

Was it not Darragh Maloney?, Tho he does seem to be styling himself on Ger, its increasingly hard to tell the difference between the two

omagh_gael

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 06, 2018, 04:46:23 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on August 06, 2018, 11:57:19 AM
BTW, who is this Lanigan fella that plays for Donegal? Ger Canning was on about him all day!

Was it not Darragh Maloney?, Tho he does seem to be styling himself on Ger, its increasingly hard to tell the difference between the two

I realised that after I typed it. To be fair Maloney is better than Canning but the Lanigan thing was driving me nuts!

RedHand88

Quote from: Jayop on August 06, 2018, 04:39:35 PM
Just watched the highlights on the Sunday Game last night. They didn't show the kick out during the game at all that was given as a throw ball as it was taken while they showed a replay of something else. They showed it there and I haven't a clue what it was pulled back for. The ball went well far enough.

Tyrone defender wasn't outside the 21 when the ball was kicked.

Jayop

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 06, 2018, 05:12:29 PM

Ah right, but he was outside when he received the ball. Makes sense.

redhandefender

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 06, 2018, 05:12:29 PM

Was sitting in line with that and he 100% was

Jayop

It looked incredibly harsh and a niggly decision to give. That didn't cost us a score immediately but probably fed into the panic that caused the goal just afterwards.

That's three calls like that that have gone against us in recent games. I can't remember seeing one given against any other team all season.

belfastkev

Any other ST holders attendance not updated yet? I'm still showing as "not attended".