China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

They were never going to though. Some of the doctors I know found it offensive and I don't blame them. Hypocrisy in the UK at least.

J70

It was good natured here in NYC.

My local hospital was making world headlines with the absolute horror show that was being inflicted on them in the early months of Covid. Nurses and doctors were getting sick and dying, never mind patients. Freezer trailers were being trucked in to store bodies. Everyone understood that a lack of pandemic planning and massive bed and PPE shortages was partly to blame for the hand they had been dealt, but that doesn't mean that those clapping weren't genuinely grateful to those people who had no choice but to risk their health and lives in the face of a novel disease. It's not like no one knew a nurse or doctor or porter first hand.

It's amazing how quickly people forget and how cynical so many are.

Armagh18

Quote from: J70 on January 13, 2023, 09:10:05 PM
It was good natured here in NYC.

My local hospital was making world headlines with the absolute horror show that was being inflicted on them in the early months of Covid. Nurses and doctors were getting sick and dying, never mind patients. Freezer trailers were being trucked in to store bodies. Everyone understood that a lack of pandemic planning and massive bed and PPE shortages was partly to blame for the hand they had been dealt, but that doesn't mean that those clapping weren't genuinely grateful to those people who had no choice but to risk their health and lives in the face of a novel disease. It's not like no one knew a nurse or doctor or porter first hand.

It's amazing how quickly people forget and how cynical so many are.
I'd agree with that to a point tbh. But its disgraceful that the government haven't backed this up with proper pay, conditions and staffing levels for health services.

imtommygunn

I don't doubt the vast majority were genuine but for example Tory MPs calling for it was sickening given what they were and are doing to the health service.

Milltown Row2

If you want the nurses paid more we need to be taxed more, I'm happy for that let's get it done
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

red hander

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 13, 2023, 11:41:02 PM
If you want the nurses paid more we need to be taxed more, I'm happy for that let's get it done

f**k, you are so full of shit. I've no problem paying more tax for this. But these Tory cnuts forked out billions during covid to their mates in PPE contracts that were completely illegal, and a complete f**k up of a test and trace scheme given to another Tory f**k pig in the form of Dildo Harding that cost further billions,  And these wankers had the audacity to stand out clapping for health workers. These f**kers OWE THE nurses. You're an uneducated idiot.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: red hander on January 14, 2023, 12:06:01 AM

f**k, you are so full of shit. I've no problem paying more tax for this. But these Tory cnuts forked out billions during covid to their mates in PPE contracts that were completely illegal, and a complete f**k up of a test and trace scheme given to another Tory f**k pig in the form of Dildo Harding that cost further billions,  And these wankers had the audacity to stand out clapping for health workers. These f**kers OWE THE nurses. You're an uneducated idiot.

So who's paying for it? It comes out of the public purse either we want better services or we don't.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

red hander

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 14, 2023, 12:09:28 AM
Quote from: red hander on January 14, 2023, 12:06:01 AM

So who's paying for it? It comes out of the public purse either we want better services or we don't.

We're paying for it. Whats your point? They have been in power for 14 years, and they have had deliberate policy to run it down. The billions they have wasted would cover the pay demands 200 times over. How thick are you? Jesus. Blame the workers, not the cnuts responsible.

Milltown Row2

It doesn't matter who's in power ya balloon, they have been underpaid under staffed and the NHS has been crumbling for years, if you think it's just happened under the Tory government then you are thick as f**k.

Now if you want a better service now, cough it up

red hander

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 14, 2023, 12:23:43 AM
It doesn't matter who's in power ya balloon, they have been underpaid under staffed and the NHS has been crumbling for years, if you think it's just happened under the Tory government then you are thick as f**k.

Personal abuse, but I won't going whining to mods like you did cos you're just a right wing cnut. It's been crumbling for years because the torys have been in charge you f**king gobshite.

armaghniac

Well the Financial Times think there is a definite pattern of modest improvement under Labour and decline under the Tories, but they are likely thick as f**k.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on January 14, 2023, 12:40:51 AM

Well the Financial Times think there is a definite pattern of modest improvement under Labour and decline under the Tories, but they are likely thick as f**k.

So to fix it we still have to pay for it, though you don't live in the North, you'll be fine!

nurses have been under paid and under staffed ... in the last 20 years things have changed, the population has grown and we are living longer.

The demands need to be meant but how do we pay for it? There was still long waiting times made Blair and while there was progress, it was modest .

People need to realise you either want a good service or not, If you do, you have to pay for extra tax if you don't then it's private

I work in the health sector past 10 years, it's not getting better, and if Santa was in charge he'll still be asking "who's paying for this?"

red hander

No criticism of last 14 years. The cause. Says it all. Utterly pathetic. You're beneath contempt. I'd hate to be a colleague of yours in NHS.

Milltown Row2

You can do your little childish dance, the reality is who and where is the money coming from to pay nurses and the upgrades?

As for criticism that won't pay for things I can say the Tories have been Cnuts anytime they have been in government and have, since Thatcher, tried to privatise the health service but what will that do, we have absolutely no say in the matter.

We have no great records over here with trying to run the local government, can't even talk to each other so no faith in politicians to be fair

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 14, 2023, 09:12:32 AM
You can do your little childish dance, the reality is who and where is the money coming from to pay nurses and the upgrades?

As for criticism that won't pay for things I can say the Tories have been Cnuts anytime they have been in government and have, since Thatcher, tried to privatise the health service but what will that do, we have absolutely no say in the matter.

We have no great records over here with trying to run the local government, can't even talk to each other so no faith in politicians to be fair
I don't know about you but I pay more than enough in tax and NIC to expect a decent health service. The money is there being blown across the board, billions wasted on covid not to mention all the conflicts around the world the brits have stuck their nose into over the years. Between hospitals and roads being in a mess the UK looks more like a developing country than a developed one.