New Car Advice

Started by Dinny Breen, March 06, 2018, 11:56:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

It's cheaper so it's a win win...

But that would never happen unless there was such a high demand for secondhand cars
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jim Bob

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 16, 2022, 06:45:14 PM

But that would never happen unless there was such a high demand for secondhand cars

Is there not a long wait for new cars nowadays thus increasing demand for second hand ones currently.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jim Bob on August 16, 2022, 06:49:12 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 16, 2022, 06:45:14 PM

Is there not a long wait for new cars nowadays thus increasing demand for second hand ones currently.

Yes if you are looking to pick a colour a certain spec and so on, if it's a new car already in the showroom you're sorted

Took me 8 months for my car to be ready after being ordered
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lurganblue

Quote from: armaghniac on August 16, 2022, 04:37:24 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 16, 2022, 03:30:09 PM
Quote from: WT4E on August 16, 2022, 02:04:46 PM
I need a second car as mine died during no pandemic driving.

I've heard people say wait as 2nd hand car market will fall soon - is this true?

Also is there value in buying out of england and driving home?

Wife's car is a year old, went up to have it serviced the other day, daughters been driving it also so has pushed the mileage over what it should be, I said to her to ask the car dealer if they would take it off her and give her another one..

Wife came home with a cheaper brand new car, exact same model without the soft roof. he said that will be sold in the next few days lol

That's posh, get a new car when it needs a service.

PCP agreement? 

I'm coming towards the end of my own HP and considering a move to PCP.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: lurganblue on August 17, 2022, 12:11:27 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on August 16, 2022, 04:37:24 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 16, 2022, 03:30:09 PM
Quote from: WT4E on August 16, 2022, 02:04:46 PM
I need a second car as mine died during no pandemic driving.

I've heard people say wait as 2nd hand car market will fall soon - is this true?

Also is there value in buying out of england and driving home?

Wife's car is a year old, went up to have it serviced the other day, daughters been driving it also so has pushed the mileage over what it should be, I said to her to ask the car dealer if they would take it off her and give her another one..

Wife came home with a cheaper brand new car, exact same model without the soft roof. he said that will be sold in the next few days lol

That's posh, get a new car when it needs a service.

PCP agreement? 

I'm coming towards the end of my own HP and considering a move to PCP.

Yes, shes PCP and I just lease.. Hate having car problems, this prevents it and may pay a bit more or whatever but I', not worried that it won't start in the morning

Denn Forever

Why not have AA?  Lovely yellow glow.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Taylor

Got an electric car - small one but find it fantastic.

Only thing is you need to plan your journeys/charging times so as you get the value (and dont go more than the charge will hold).

It is frustrating that some charging points simply arent working which could potentially leave you in trouble.

TabClear

Query on the MOT that hopefully someone can help with.

I have my MOT test booked for tomorrow and sods law the car has just started throwing up a "Brake Pads Worn" amber warning when I turn the ignition on. I am sure the brakes are still legal, its just an advisory warning. Anybody know if this will cause any issues with teh MOT? Have had some people say that warning lights are a fail?

GJL

Quote from: TabClear on August 18, 2022, 03:56:06 PM

I have my MOT test booked for tomorrow and sods law the car has just started throwing up a "Brake Pads Worn" amber warning when I turn the ignition on. I am sure the brakes are still legal, its just an advisory warning. Anybody know if this will cause any issues with teh MOT? Have had some people say that warning lights are a fail?

Should pass Ok. Yellow light is just advising you to change them soon. The inspector will be able to see how much is left by just looking in when the car is up on the ramp. Usually a couple of thousand miles left on the pads at light on stage.

delgany

Is there no way you could get them changed b4 the test
MOT check  for the following
Vehicle warning lights including, engine management system, anti-lock braking system, electronic braking system, electronic power steering, electronic stability control, electronic park brake, brake fluid warning lamp, tyre pressure monitoring system, air bag, seat belt pre-tensioner and seat belt load limiter

TabClear

Quote from: GJL on August 18, 2022, 04:31:37 PM

Should pass Ok. Yellow light is just advising you to change them soon. The inspector will be able to see how much is left by just looking in when the car is up on the ramp. Usually a couple of thousand miles left on the pads at light on stage.

Cheers GJL. Brakes are absolutely fine and I will change the pads out at the next service. Unfortunately getting them done tonight is not an option

Olly

I would reconsdier having a family. They are nothing but trouble and I remember childhood trips to Downings and all 8 of us squeezed into a Peogeot 504 and it was like one of those |Chinese endurance tests like Squid Games. My advice is to stop now and consider not having children, or have one but don't spoil him with holidays and big cars
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Harold Disgracey

Quote from: 1884 on September 25, 2022, 11:10:58 PM
Looking to buy a family car to fit two car seats and good space in the boot. Basically looking a reliable spacious car. Had been looking at a Vauxhall Grandland X. Anybody have one of these? It's probably between that and a trusty VW Tiguan. VW hard to beat. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Nissan X-Trail worth thinking about. I have one and really like it.

gallsman

Quote from: 1884 on September 25, 2022, 11:10:58 PM
Looking to buy a family car to fit two car seats and good space in the boot. Basically looking a reliable spacious car. Had been looking at a Vauxhall Grandland X. Anybody have one of these? It's probably between that and a trusty VW Tiguan. VW hard to beat. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Karoq or Ateca are basically 95% of a Tiguan for a bit cheaper.

WT4E

I was wondering is there a way of buying warranty for a used car if you buy it private for peace of mind like a 6 month one (That you would normally get hwen buying from a dealer)