Super sports Saturday - the GAA is GREAT !

Started by lynchbhoy, July 17, 2010, 05:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynchbhoy

despite just watching Derry do their usual, was just thinking that today is fantastic for watching games on the telly !
Derry v Kildare then Dubs v Armagh and finally Cork v Waterford in the hurling.

OK these being on the TV will def affect the attendances , but in comparison to the pre-qualifier days when there was feck all football and hurling on the telly - this is fantastic.

However do people think that these games shoul dnot be televised and try to drag punters out to the stadia to encourage support and atmosphere at games?
Prices might come down too also if so!

still what a day for watching the telly. Not gonna bother cutting the lawn !

Maguire01

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 17, 2010, 05:01:14 PM
However do people think that these games shoul dnot be televised and try to drag punters out to the stadia to encourage support and atmosphere at games?
TV rights probably worth more € than a few more punters.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Maguire01 on July 17, 2010, 05:10:00 PM
that thought never occured to me

Celt_Man

Aye is right.  As well TV might be affecting attendances at the matches but it is definitely exposing the GAA "brand" to a wider audience than just those present. 

Today, I wouldn't have bothered to go to any games anyway but I'm rewarding for sitting on me arse all day by being able to watch Derry - Kildare, Dubs - Armagh and the hurling.... feck me the Hurling better be good because it has to make up for some desperate shite so far
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Farrandeelin

What's that about not cutting the lawn lynchbhoy? I cut ours this morning... ;)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

gerry

QuoteCork v Waterford in the hurling.

some game, extra time now
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

magickingdom

Quote from: Celt_Man on July 17, 2010, 05:43:14 PM
Aye is right.  As well TV might be affecting attendances at the matches but it is definitely exposing the GAA "brand" to a wider audience than just those present. 

Today, I wouldn't have bothered to go to any games anyway but I'm rewarding for sitting on me arse all day by being able to watch Derry - Kildare, Dubs - Armagh and the hurling.... feck me the Hurling better be good because it has to make up for some desperate shite so far

the hurling certainly saved the day!

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: Maguire01 on July 17, 2010, 05:10:00 PM

The TV rights won't be worth buttons if nobody turns up to watch the games. The sense of occasion is lost in an empty stadium.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Zulu

Quote from: magickingdom on July 17, 2010, 09:37:40 PM

Do you think? I thought the game was terrible, the extra time saved it but the first 70min was shocking stuff. While the Dub/Armagh game wasn't great I thought it was exciting and good viewing.

Celt_Man

Quote from: magickingdom on July 17, 2010, 09:37:40 PM

it certainly did - slow first half but serious after that.  The extra time was enthralling!!
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

didlyi

Hurling was not for the purist untill Cork got their Goal, that finished the ttactics which up to that had runied the game and  then hurling flowed despite the conditions. great entertainment.