Previous topic - Next topic

marty34

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 10, 2018, 11:10:31 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on November 10, 2018, 06:47:03 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 10, 2018, 04:37:30 PM
Quote from: red hander on November 10, 2018, 04:19:16 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 09, 2018, 07:06:06 PM
Quote from: red hander on November 09, 2018, 06:17:03 PM
Fair play to Tracey Magee, refusing to wear a poppy on UTV Live... girl has more balls than Frankie Fuckwit and all those other west Brits on UTV and local BBC

Maybe they have reasons for wearing them? Other than the view you think most people wear them? Does someone from Cornwall wearing one piss you off?

We're it for the sole reason to remember soldiers who died in World War I and II, I wouldn't have an issue whatsoever. But you know as well as I do that the thing has been completely hijacked to include all of the Brits' imperial misbehaviour. Any West Brit wearing a poppy is remembering the Black and Tans, Auxilliaries, murdering Para b**tards of Ballymurphy and Bloody Sunday, and colluding, murdering b**tards of the UDR and RUC.

So anyone wearing it, its to remember the Black and Tans? Holy f**k! I’ve heard it now ! What flipping age are you? You’ve allowed the unionist agenda to blind your view on the actual reason of it when it was brought out!

Respect the people who wear it for ones who died in the world wars, anyone wearing it for other reasons is a balloon!

Anyone who is wearing it choosing a symbol used to commemorate the Black and Tans, there is  no point in denying that. SOmeone can remember someone without coat trailing.

So you’ve never worn a Easter lily or ant sort of badge representing something, and if anyone you know has, you’ll say the same thing to them? My post to the other snowflake was that someone wearing a poppy in Cornwall wearing a poppy for his personal reasons was to celebrate the Black and Tans? If that’s the case you are a d**khead

Anyone wearing a poppy supports ALL the wars that the British have fought in/are fighting in - whether that's 100 years ago or 20 years ago.

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 11, 2018, 12:00:18 AM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on November 10, 2018, 11:47:27 PM
I assume with eloquence like this you must have been captain of the school debating team

I went to St Pauls secondary school, Beechmount West Belfast, there was no debating or eloquence.

We'd never have guessed.

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 11, 2018, 12:05:57 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on November 10, 2018, 11:59:40 PM
So you've never worn a Easter lily or ant sort of badge representing something, and if anyone you know has, you'll say the same thing to them? My post to the other snowflake was that someone wearing a poppy in Cornwall wearing a poppy for his personal reasons was to celebrate the Black and Tans? If that's the case you are a d**khead

You are very quick to resort to abuse, the sure sign of a lack of argument.
Cornwall is not Ireland, wearing a military symbol in a place that fought is not the same as wearing it in the place that is the object of those military attentions.

So by saying someone is wrong and him calling you out is abuse means he's wrong? Then you are more daft than I thought.

Calling people " d**khead" or "daft" does nothing to argue against their point, so it is simply abuse.

QuoteI don't have an argument. People complaining or feeling that someone has a different view to them

Views are one thing, symbols of military organisations, another.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: marty34 on November 11, 2018, 12:12:29 AM
Fair play to Tracey Magee, refusing to wear a poppy on UTV Live... girl has more balls than Frankie Fuckwit and all those other west Brits on UTV and local BBC

Maybe they have reasons for wearing them? Other than the view you think most people wear them? Does someone from Cornwall wearing one piss you off?

We're it for the sole reason to remember soldiers who died in World War I and II, I wouldn't have an issue whatsoever. But you know as well as I do that the thing has been completely hijacked to include all of the Brits' imperial misbehaviour. Any West Brit wearing a poppy is remembering the Black and Tans, Auxilliaries, murdering Para b**tards of Ballymurphy and Bloody Sunday, and colluding, murdering b**tards of the UDR and RUC.

So anyone wearing it, its to remember the Black and Tans? Holy f**k! I've heard it now ! What flipping age are you? You've allowed the unionist agenda to blind your view on the actual reason of it when it was brought out!

Respect the people who wear it for ones who died in the world wars, anyone wearing it for other reasons is a balloon!

Anyone who is wearing it choosing a symbol used to commemorate the Black and Tans, there is  no point in denying that. SOmeone can remember someone without coat trailing.

So you've never worn a Easter lily or ant sort of badge representing something, and if anyone you know has, you'll say the same thing to them? My post to the other snowflake was that someone wearing a poppy in Cornwall wearing a poppy for his personal reasons was to celebrate the Black and Tans? If that's the case you are a d**khead

Anyone wearing a poppy supports ALL the wars that the British have fought in/are fighting in - whether that's 100 years ago or 20 years ago.

Do they? And you've asked them?

Before the bbc and the poppy group got together to make it more commercial, as it's a fundraising company that makes millions and coped on to the fact that there is a way of exploiting the world wars.

It was actually just a charity group that actually helped ex servicemen (bit like the green collectors that came  around to ask for money for people in jail, how much went to families eh?)

Other groups bandwagoned it and divided a place on it,if you are easily annoyed you will be
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

red hander

f**k, that English teacher at St Paul's was operating under false pretences judging by the shite you spout

Dougal Maguire

I was watching 8 out of 10 Cats does Countdown on More 4 last night and none of the panel were wearing poppies. Rachel Riley herself was wearing next to nothing as well which was even better.
Careful now

Hardy

Quote from: theticklemister on November 10, 2018, 10:20:20 PM
Quote from: Hardy on November 10, 2018, 03:24:13 PM
I've been here in England since Wed. Travelled from Sussex to Lancashire, attended a wedding and I have not yet seen one person wearing a poppy.

Ye didn't pop in for a cup of tea when you were in Lancashrie with me  you didn't 'like Lancashire GAA either when you were here

Wish I had come for the tea - wouldn't have this head on me now.

marty34

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 11, 2018, 12:25:08 AM
Quote from: marty34 on November 11, 2018, 12:12:29 AM

So anyone wearing it, its to remember the Black and Tans? Holy f**k! I've heard it now ! What flipping age are you? You've allowed the unionist agenda to blind your view on the actual reason of it when it was brought out!

Do they? And you've asked them?

Before the bbc and the poppy group got together to make it more commercial, as it's a fundraising company that makes millions and coped on to the fact that there is a way of exploiting the world wars.

It was actually just a charity group that actually helped ex servicemen (bit like the green collectors that came  around to ask for money for people in jail, how much went to families eh?)

Other groups bandwagoned it and divided a place on it,if you are easily annoyed you will be

If they didn't support ALL their wars, they would use seperate coloured poppies for different campaigns or put a statement on their charter or website.

Milltown Row2

WHAT THE POPPY MEANS

The poppy is

A symbol of Remembrance and hope
Worn by millions of people
Red because of the natural colour of field poppies
The poppy is NOT

A symbol of death or a sign of support for war
A reflection of politics or religion
Red to reflect the colour of blood
Wearing a poppy is a personal choice and reflects individual and personal memories. It is not compulsory but is greatly appreciated by those it helps – our beneficiaries: those currently serving in our Armed Forces, veterans, and their families and dependants.

From the British legion website on the Poppy
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

marty34

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 11, 2018, 11:07:16 AM
WHAT THE POPPY MEANS

The poppy is

The poppy is NOT

Wearing a poppy is a personal choice and reflects individual and personal memories. It is not compulsory but is greatly appreciated by those it helps – our beneficiaries: those currently serving in our Armed Forces, veterans, and their families and dependants.

""Beneficiaries: those currently serving in our Armed Forces, veterans, and their families and dependants".

I.e. Past and present - all wars in which the soldiers take part.

Main Street

WHAT THE POPPY MEANS

The poppy is

The poppy is NOT

And it has evolved to something other than those words.
Even if our man on the street (Hardy) did not observe common wearing of the poppy, the poppy propaganda effect on the general population is more subtle and at the same time blatantly overt.
The wearing the poppy is visibly compulsory to tens of millions on television and personal choice is not respected,  perhaps personal choice not to wear is respected somewhat, after the non-wearer has been forced to come out and explain why they are so insensitive and  disrespectful to the sacrifice of soldiers.

Why is there no critique of the wars the British Army were and are involved in? no critique of the senseless slaughter of soldiers or of the (infinitely greater in magnitude) suffering  inflicted onto civilians.
That's not in the brief of the charity, they are non-political,  they say they don't have opinions on the mechanism of wars, the causes and effects of war.  they just support the soldiers. Nevertheless the poppy has become the overt symbol of the supporters of war/militarism/the imperialists and the jingoists.
And as if by deft, the soldiers are lauded as the heroes, and  it follows that criticism of the war is suppressed.
The citizen, tv presenter or football pundit, who may not support the war, is then actually supporting the war by the back door, by supporting the heroes.

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: Hardy on November 10, 2018, 03:24:13 PM
I've been here in England since Wed. Travelled from Sussex to Lancashire, attended a wedding and I have not yet seen one person wearing a poppy.
I was in Brentford and Central London on Wednesday past and saw a quite a few people with them on

Itchy

Whats this remembrance day all about?

Fallen heroes, Brave soldiers? Not for me.

Remembrance day for me as an Irishman should be about the futility of war, how the poor were conned into this fight by their overlords. How Irish men though they were going on an adventure instead to be buried in muck and blood in a foreign war.

Do you know almost 3000 men died on the front between the war being over and the decision of politicians to wait until 11:11 to finish it. Did you ever hear anything so ridiculous.

The same breed of sc**bag politicians that oversaw WW1 are still at large, standing solemnly in respect while their armies arm those who would blow the shit out of Gaza, Yemen, Syria. Turns my stomach to look at the sniveling scumbags.

The only thing that should be on TV today is Black Adder Goes Forth to pull the mick out of the whole thing.

BennyCake

Quote from: Main Street on November 11, 2018, 12:24:28 PM
WHAT THE POPPY MEANS

The poppy is

The poppy is NOT

And it has evolved to something other than those words.
Even if our man on the street (Hardy) did not observe common wearing of the poppy, the poppy propaganda effect on the general population is more subtle and at the same time blatantly overt.
The wearing the poppy is visibly compulsory to tens of millions on television and personal choice is not respected,  perhaps personal choice not to wear is respected somewhat, after the non-wearer has been forced to come out and explain why they are so insensitive and  disrespectful to the sacrifice of soldiers.

Why is there no critique of the wars the British Army were and are involved in? no critique of the senseless slaughter of soldiers or of the (infinitely greater in magnitude) suffering  inflicted onto civilians.
That's not in the brief of the charity, they are non-political,  they say they don't have opinions on the mechanism of wars, the causes and effects of war.  they just support the soldiers. Nevertheless the poppy has become the overt symbol of the supporters of war/militarism/the imperialists and the jingoists.
And as if by deft, the soldiers are lauded as the heroes, and  it follows that criticism of the war is suppressed.
The citizen, tv presenter or football pundit, who may not support the war, is then actually supporting the war by the back door, by supporting the heroes.

Because the British empire/army are never in the wrong. Their actions here were disgusting beyond belief, but those involved are giving knighthoods and medals. It's always those pesky natives that are the bad guys/nuts/terrorists.

Some of the British government's/army's actions in the north are only coming out of the woodwork now. We are a first world country, we are not the likes of Afghanistan or Iraq. What have they done there that we will never hear about. The British people go on about our brave heroic lads, they do such a great job for us and our freedom. Really? What's heroic about invading another country and blowing the head off innocent civilians. Heroic my hole.

red hander

Now they're complaining about a witch-hunt against their brave boys. They can stick their f**king poppy up their holes.

Applesisapples

Jesus all hot and bothered over a paper flower. See BR was wearing his proudly today in Livingston.Like the Scots we Irish have a conflicting relationship with the British Army, many like me had relatives killed in the WW's. i don't wear a poppy, but have no issue with people wearing it for the right reasons. Unfortunately in NI it has been hijacked by one community to ram their superiority down our throats. But as in the US it is organisations like the BL and Vets associations that look after soldiers who are cut a drift by government on leaving the army.