Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Ricketts

Result last night puts the club in a great position to qualify from the group. Two wins against the Turkish side would seal that.

The opportunity to rest players without concern for the final two group games would be a massive help, especially with everything so condensed this season. Play City in the league four days after the return game in Leipzig.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

Cunny Funt

magpie seanie

Very sad news. A legend of the club. Heard his brother in law Johnny Giles on Off the Ball last night and it was emotional stuff. He had a tough last few years but by all accounts a lovely person.

kerryforsam20

Another defeat for Man Utd.  Rashford is great man score when winning 3/4 nil and then goes missing in the tight games.

nrico2006

Quote from: kerryforsam20 on November 01, 2020, 06:08:20 PM
Another defeat for Man Utd.  Rashford is great man score when winning 3/4 nil and then goes missing in the tight games.

Rashford has been the difference in more tight/games for United than anybody else the past 3 years. Stupid statement.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

Poor enough fare...

United can't find the right formula to win in the league
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cunny Funt

A typical inconsistent United. 5-0 win midweek and today lose to Arsenal at home for the first time in 14 years. A poor game that had 0-0 written all over it from early on and probably would have finished 0-0 but for a silly penalty given away on 70 minutes.

In other news sad to hear Bobby Charlton has been diagnosed with dementia.

BennyCake

I knew when I seen Pogba starting it wasn't going to end well.

kerryforsam20

Pogba should be binned.  Poisonous figure. No shape to Utd team. Serious lack of width.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 01, 2020, 06:26:12 PM
Poor enough fare...

Domestic weekend games are tough after midweek champions League games. You need a solid squad. Arsenal have been 100% focused on this game since last weekend. Utd have been 100% focused since Wednesday!

Farrandeelin

Quote from: From the Bunker on November 01, 2020, 07:33:40 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 01, 2020, 06:26:12 PM
Poor enough fare...

Domestic weekend games are tough after midweek champions League games. You need a solid squad. Arsenal have been 100% focused on this game since last weekend. Utd have been 100% focused since Wednesday!

Sure. ::)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Maroon Manc

United were abysmal yesterday, far too much talk about Arsenal though who failed to create anything of note against a shambolic United. We treated them like they were Bayern Munich, an absolutely gutless display from start to finish.

I've defended Ole to the hilt so far but rightly so deserves a lot of stick for that yesterday, mentioned after Wednesday night we struggled for long periods to put a move together and the theme continued. Formation didn't work yesterday and should have been changed at half time but wasn't and couldn't believe he failed to change it at all, subs didn't work at all.

I've got no issue with him changing formation in Europe but he's can't do it in the league, never make any progress by messing about it with every week. Its going to cost him his job as will having faith in Pogba, he's 27 and not going to change. Every game there's an incident of him switching off or getting caught in the middle of the pitch when in possession, he's out of contract in 18 months and isn't an integral part of this time so needs to be dropped.

Hound

Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 02, 2020, 09:48:50 AM
I've defended Ole to the hilt so far but rightly so deserves a lot of stick for that yesterday, mentioned after Wednesday night we struggled for long periods to put a move together and the theme continued. Formation didn't work yesterday and should have been changed at half time but wasn't and couldn't believe he failed to change it at all, subs didn't work at all.

I wasn't paying 100% attention to the match as I was doing something else at the same time, but pretty sure Gary Neville said in commentary that Ole did change tactics for the second half, which led to a much improved 3rd quarter (albeit Arsenal re-asserted their authority after that).

NAG1

Quote from: Hound on November 02, 2020, 10:24:37 AM

I wasn't paying 100% attention to the match as I was doing something else at the same time, but pretty sure Gary Neville said in commentary that Ole did change tactics for the second half, which led to a much improved 3rd quarter (albeit Arsenal re-asserted their authority after that).

Yeah he went from the diamond to a 4-2-3-1 which did beef up the midfield slightly but still had no real impact.

Another shocking performance and I see the have got Poch on Sky this evening. So with his profile being raised again I can see the pressure start to mount even further on Ole.

BennyCake

United were abysmal yesterday, far too much talk about Arsenal though who failed to create anything of note against a shambolic United. We treated them like they were Bayern Munich, an absolutely gutless display from start to finish.

I've got no issue with him changing formation in Europe but he's can't do it in the league, never make any progress by messing about it with every week. Its going to cost him his job as will having faith in Pogba, he's 27 and not going to change. Every game there's an incident of him switching off or getting caught in the middle of the pitch when in possession, he's out of contract in 18 months and isn't an integral part of this time so needs to be dropped.

Neville said something along the lines of Ole trying to keep everyone happy is going to cost him his job, because trying to satisfy everyone means the team is all over the place and no consistency, shoe-horning players into the team out of position.

I do think Ole is too nice a fella, he's not ruthless enough. Ferguson was a ruthless dictator, and a strong character, and that's partly why he was as successful as he was. The good second half to last season saved Ole, and they feel he deserves more time because of that. But his days do seem numbered.