Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Quote from: WT4E on August 28, 2020, 10:20:10 PM
Imagine having a County team strong enough not to have Lee Brennan playing..........

A dodgy haircut cut and headband. But a good performance by Brennan. Mark Bradley was good too.

I've seen it mentioned, the Tyrone club championship is so competitive because its knockout. There would still be good games if it was group stages. Training all year for 1 club championship game isn't great.

GlenMan

Quote from: rodney trotter on August 29, 2020, 10:53:04 AM
Quote from: WT4E on August 28, 2020, 10:20:10 PM
Imagine having a County team strong enough not to have Lee Brennan playing..........

A dodgy haircut cut and headband. But a good performance by Brennan. Mark Bradley was good too.

I've seen it mentioned, the Tyrone club championship is so competitive because its knockout. There would still be good games if it was group stages. Training all year for 1 club championship game isn't great.

You're clearly not from Tyrone. The Knockout Championship will never be changed here  ;D

rodney trotter

I don't see the point of its knockout or nothing. The GAA will be changing the calendar year soon, so Clubs will have from July on to play games. Not like when a County would get to an all Ireland final in September, and rushing off the club championship in a few weeks

LeoMc

Quote from: rodney trotter on August 29, 2020, 12:58:43 PM
I don't see the point of its knockout or nothing. The GAA will be changing the calendar year soon, so Clubs will have from July on to play games. Not like when a County would get to an all Ireland final in September, and rushing off the club championship in a few weeks
The games have to mean something or else it is just a glorified league match. Doing away with 1 chance football and introducing a back door will, as we have seen at IC level, make the strong stronger and the gap will open up to a point where there is no recovery, as you would appreciate coming from Cavan.

Aaron Boone

TG4 should show all the Tyrone games. 

inroundthesquare

Derrylaughan put a decent fight up in the last 15 mins there.
Anyone know are the Semi-Finals pre-determined this year? Tyrone GAA seemed to be saying it's Coalisland v Trillick in the semis

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: inroundthesquare on August 29, 2020, 06:42:46 PM
Derrylaughan put a decent fight up in the last 15 mins there.
Anyone know are the Semi-Finals pre-determined this year? Tyrone GAA seemed to be saying it's Coalisland v Trillick in the semis

I think the draw for the first round was set then for the whole way.

Nearly sure Coalisland v Trillick is correct.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Angelo

A minimum of 1 and a maximum of 4, it's hardly like they are missing out on a whole season when there is already a league campaign
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Semi finals are live on RTE next week.

rodney trotter

Quote from: LeoMc on August 29, 2020, 04:32:13 PM
The games have to mean something or else it is just a glorified league match. Doing away with 1 chance football and introducing a back door will, as we have seen at IC level, make the strong stronger and the gap will open up to a point where there is no recovery, as you would appreciate coming from Cavan.

Having more then 1 Club Championship game keep players involved and interested. If you played Club Championship in June or July as a knockout competition, teams in the past would lose players to America or other situations
There is better gates at a club championship game then lea, gue so having more championship game is good funds for clubs.

GlenMan

Quote from: rodney trotter on August 30, 2020, 12:04:56 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on August 29, 2020, 04:32:13 PM

Having more then 1 Club Championship game keep players involved and interested. If you played Club Championship in June or July as a knockout competition, teams in the past would lose players to America or other situations
There is better gates at a club championship game then lea, gue so having more championship game is good funds for clubs.

No

rodney trotter

Eire90

knockout is better and it makes it different from the league

Eire90

Theres an interesting format i seen in gaming tournaments for groups tho is in a group of 4 you have two opening games the winners then play each with the winner winning the group.The two losers then play each other in an elimination game the winner of the elimination game then plays the loser from the other game to see who comes 2nd and advances that system their are no dead rubbers.

Angelo

ET between Dungannon and Ardboe.

Paul Donaghy kicking 0-13 of Dungannon's 0-17.