7 Tyrone
6  Derry
5 Mayo
4 Armagh
3. Galway
2. Dubs
1. Kerry

https://youtu.be/e9Pgx0CyxJo&t=2700s
Think the AI is as wide open as ever. Speaking from an Armagh perspective, I think we give any team on that list a game and could beat any of them on our day but are equally capable of losing to any of them. Footballs a funny game.

Armagh are my dark horses..... for relegation
I know you're winding, but I have that niggling feeling as well. Vital we get off to a good start vs Monaghan who are always a tricky game.

galwayman

I think it could be a tough league for us this year. The main reason being we will be short defensively for the first few league games at least and our substitute defenders look pretty weak.
If Jack Glynn doesn't regain fitness we will be without 4 of the 6 starting defenders from the AI final (assuming Sean Kelly gets a well earned break for the next number of weeks).
Shane Walsh will also need a break but I'd be less concerned about that than our defensive issues.

Armagh18

Quote from: galwayman on January 19, 2023, 12:54:18 PM
I think it could be a tough league for us this year. The main reason being we will be short defensively for the first few league games at least and our substitute defenders look pretty weak.
If Jack Glynn doesn't regain fitness we will be without 4 of the 6 starting defenders from the AI final (assuming Sean Kelly gets a well earned break for the next number of weeks).
Shane Walsh will also need a break but I'd be less concerned about that than our defensive issues.
Kelly and Walsh big losses for yourselves alright and both men certainly due a break.

seafoid

What is the story with Seán Ó Maoilchiaráin?Is he still injured ?

general_lee

Quote from: Armagh18 on January 19, 2023, 10:53:42 AM
Quote from: trailer on January 19, 2023, 10:37:34 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on January 18, 2023, 09:49:28 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 18, 2023, 06:31:00 PM
Off the ball power fuball ranking

10 Monaghan
9 Ros
8  Donegal
7 Tyrone
6  Derry
5 Mayo
4 Armagh
3. Galway
2. Dubs
1. Kerry

Think the AI is as wide open as ever. Speaking from an Armagh perspective, I think we give any team on that list a game and could beat any of them on our day but are equally capable of losing to any of them. Footballs a funny game.

I know you're winding, but I have that niggling feeling as well. Vital we get off to a good start vs Monaghan who are always a tricky game.
I'm half expecting defeat in this tie which will probably come back to haunt us. Heard Armagh played Dublin the other week and gave a decent showing, so you never know.

NotedObserver

Quote from: general_lee on January 19, 2023, 03:15:01 PM

10 Monaghan
9 Ros
8  Donegal
7 Tyrone
6  Derry
5 Mayo
4 Armagh
3. Galway
2. Dubs
1. Kerry

I'm half expecting defeat in this tie which will probably come back to haunt us. Heard Armagh played Dublin the other week and gave a decent showing, so you never know.

Quoted that Tyrone AI in 2021 was mayo's to lose. Not sure about that. Tyrone beat mayo well. Tyrone v Kerry was the one they rode their luck in and Kerry would have beat Mayo easy as well imo.
Tyrone only team out of the Ulster 3 that can beat a top team IMO.

trailer

Quote from: NotedObserver on January 19, 2023, 03:31:07 PM

10 Monaghan
9 Ros
8  Donegal
7 Tyrone
6  Derry
5 Mayo
4 Armagh
3. Galway
2. Dubs
1. Kerry

Quoted that Tyrone AI in 2021 was mayo's to lose. Not sure about that. Tyrone beat mayo well. Tyrone v Kerry was the one they rode their luck in and Kerry would have beat Mayo easy as well imo.

Mayo had no hope against Tyrone. Decision making time and again lets them down. And don't forget only for a very very dubious call by the ref on a 45 (Was it Henley?) they'd have been out on their ears in the SF against Dublin.
The penalty in the final. You need a score badly anything to get back into the game and he takes on the riskiest kick top right for a right footed kicker. Jesus wept. Losers. No steel. No game intelligence. No smarts. 15 individuals. Absolute losers.
Compare that to Tyrone and how they had the game intelligence, in the SF against Kerry down to 14 with a black card, they killed the game. Working as a team, greater than the sum of their parts.

You can put Mayo at 5 or 32 won't make one iota of difference. Born to lose.

galwayman

Quote from: seafoid on January 19, 2023, 02:08:47 PM
What is the story with Seán Ó Maoilchiaráin?Is he still injured ?
I heard Pj saying a while back that he suffered some sort of setback in his recovery, so that has pushed out the return date for him.
Not sure of the latest on that though.
We need all the defenders we can get.

From the Bunker

Quote from: trailer on January 19, 2023, 04:07:22 PM

10 Monaghan
9 Ros
8  Donegal
7 Tyrone
6  Derry
5 Mayo
4 Armagh
3. Galway
2. Dubs
1. Kerry

Mayo had no hope against Tyrone. Decision making time and again lets them down. And don't forget only for a very very dubious call by the ref on a 45 (Was it Henley?) they'd have been out on their ears in the SF against Dublin.
The penalty in the final. You need a score badly anything to get back into the game and he takes on the riskiest kick top right for a right footed kicker. Jesus wept. Losers. No steel. No game intelligence. No smarts. 15 individuals. Absolute losers.
Compare that to Tyrone and how they had the game intelligence, in the SF against Kerry down to 14 with a black card, they killed the game. Working as a team, greater than the sum of their parts.

Ah now, we all know they won't win it. But they usually have an influence on who does (and who doesn't!

joemamas

Quote from: trailer on January 19, 2023, 04:07:22 PM

10 Monaghan
9 Ros
8  Donegal
7 Tyrone
6  Derry
5 Mayo
4 Armagh
3. Galway
2. Dubs
1. Kerry

would love to know what level you played at to call Mayo footballers those names.
Trying to figure out if you are one of the many aliases for Kerry for SAMS, EIRE OG ETC........
Either way you have zero credibility

yellowcard

Hopefully the Armagh players don't pick up on the fear of some of the supporters on here! I'm quite hopeful that we will do well this year. We proved last year that we have the measure of Tyrone and are at least the equal of Donegal. We are also more than capable of beating Monaghan and Roscommon so all we have to do is get another win from the remaining games which is perfectly doable. I think we could just as easily win the League as get relegated but I wouldn't lose much sleep over it either as the most important competition for us this year is to try and win an Ulster championship and end the trophy drought.

tyrone08

Quote from: yellowcard on January 19, 2023, 05:49:17 PM
Hopefully the Armagh players don't pick up on the fear of some of the supporters on here! I'm quite hopeful that we will do well this year. We proved last year that we have the measure of Tyrone and are at least the equal of Donegal. We are also more than capable of beating Monaghan and Roscommon so all we have to do is get another win from the remaining games which is perfectly doable. I think we could just as easily win the League as get relegated but I wouldn't lose much sleep over it either as the most important competition for us this year is to try and win an Ulster championship and end the trophy drought.

Not entirely sure 1 good year against a tyrone team which were rubbish means you have the measure of them.

An Watcher

My God, a quarter final appearance in the All Ireland and Arnagh have the measure of everyone.  Not even an Ulster final appearance never mind an Ulster title.  I think as long as Geezer is there this trend will continue.  When will his decade of success end?

tonto1888

10 Monaghan
9 Ros
8  Donegal
7 Tyrone
6  Derry
5 Mayo
4 Armagh
3. Galway
2. Dubs
1. Kerry

I doubt we will be but it wouldn't surprise me

Armagh18

Quote from: yellowcard on January 19, 2023, 05:49:17 PM
Yeah completely agree with you. I always say the only team that can beat Armagh is ourselves. We'll give anyone their fill of it if we have a full deck and play to our potential.