FBD 2024

Started by Farrandeelin, November 08, 2012, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Quote from: Syferus on January 07, 2018, 04:32:02 PM
I don't see why it would be much changed. If those players were going to get a run out today they'll still get it on Friday.
Mayo v Leitrim is on this Wednesday which will likely be that team that was to start today.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Syferus

Quote from: Blowitupref on January 07, 2018, 04:37:51 PM
Quote from: Syferus on January 07, 2018, 04:32:02 PM
I don't see why it would be much changed. If those players were going to get a run out today they'll still get it on Friday.
Mayo v Leitrim is on this Wednesday which will likely be that team that was to start today.

That would make sense, but I'm sure other lads were due a start in that one too so I see no reason why Mayo will fûck over the lands who have been training away for a couple months just to play their star players in the early knockings of the FBD league.

magpie seanie

Hope the weather improves greatly soon or there'll be no games Wednesday either.

Surely the games could have been called off earlier though? Very bad hearing on RTE Radio 1 about no refunds and the money gone. Really allowed the stereotypical GAA gobshitery to go into full flow.

Cunny Funt

Rochford said yesterday that D Vaughan,S O Shea, C Barrett,L Keegan will miss most if not all of the NFL due to injury. Kevin Walsh does not expect to have Sean Armstrong (back), Fintan O Curraoin (broken leg), Michael Daly (knee) and Gary O'Donnell (ankle) for much of their Division 1 campaign while Gary Sice has retired.

Maroon Manc

Armstrong out injured too, Galway's forward line looking very thin on numbers. Good to see Varley back but don't get why Patrick Sweeney is, the only reason I can think is he'll have an impact this time of year given and Galway have so many out injured and missing.

Did I read somewhere that Brannigan came on as a half back the other day? Think I've mentioned it before that I'd like to see him given a chance there.

Any word on Heaney & Cummins' injuries?

As for yesterday's fiasco it would be very difficult to offer cash refunds for those who bought tickets yesterday but to leave it so late to call the game off is disgraceful, decision should have been made at 12:00.

rosnarun

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 08, 2018, 08:55:32 AM
Hope the weather improves greatly soon or there'll be no games Wednesday either.

Surely the games could have been called off earlier though? Very bad hearing on RTE Radio 1 about no refunds and the money gone. Really allowed the stereotypical GAA gobshitery to go into full flow.
was money returned in other games also did county season ticket holders get in free . I know Croke park ones had to pay
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Blowitupref

Leitrim v Sligo game rescheduled for Wednesday 17th of Jan
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

Venue?
Ros v Sligo scheduled for Kiltoom this Wednesday.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Blowitupref

Quote from: Rossfan on January 08, 2018, 06:52:55 PM
Venue?
Ros v Sligo scheduled for Kiltoom this Wednesday.

Venue to be confirmed, Ballinamore ruled out as i don't think it has floodlights. Roscommon team named for that game.

Aaron Brady; Seanie McDermott, John McManus, Niall McInerney; Conor Daly, Sean Mullooly, Fergal Lennon; Enda Smith, Fintan Cregg; Niall Daly, Ciaran Murtagh, Padraig Kelly; Diarmuid Murtagh, Ciaran Lennon, Cian McKeon.

Syferus

I can see only three or four changes in that team and the one that will play Meath at the end of the month.

Duine Eile

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 08, 2018, 08:57:50 AMGary Sice has retired.

This made me quite sad today seeing as Gary was the last link to that great Jarlaths team of 2002 and to that particular generation of footballers. He's had some great years for Galway and he showed serious commitment to get himself up to the level of ability and conditioning he reached. Galway are going to be missing a serious amount of experience in the dressing room with himself, Michael Meehan and Finian Hanley all gone now.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Duine Eile on January 08, 2018, 08:35:49 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 08, 2018, 08:57:50 AMGary Sice has retired.

This made me quite sad today seeing as Gary was the last link to that great Jarlaths team of 2002 and to that particular generation of footballers. He's had some great years for Galway and he showed serious commitment to get himself up to the level of ability and conditioning he reached. Galway are going to be missing a serious amount of experience in the dressing room with himself, Michael Meehan and Finian Hanley all gone now.

Joins a serious bunch of players to retire without having won a Senior inter-county Championship game in Croke park. What's the Story there?

Cunny Funt

Mayo team to play Leitrim tomorrow

1. Paddy O'Malley - Westport
2. Marcus Park - Knockmore
3. Ger McDonagh - Castlebar Mitchels
4. Aidan Butler - Claremorris
5. James Stretton - Claremorris
6. Colm Boyle - Davitts
7. James McCormack - Claremorris
8 . Barry Moran - Castlebar Mitchels
9. Jordan Flynn - Crossmolina
10. Fionn McDonagh - Westport
11. Neil Douglas - Castlebar Mitchels
12. Nathan Moran - Hollymount/Carramore
13. Ross Egan - Aghamore
14. Alan Freeman - Aghamore
15. Ciaran Treacy - Ballina Stephenites

magpie seanie

Sligo Team to face Roscommon in Round 3 of the FBD League
1 Aidan Devaney,
2 Eoin McHugh
3 Peter Laffey
4 Eddie McGuinness
5 Keelan Cawley
6 Paul Kilcoyne
7 Jamie Gillen
8 James Clarke
9 Darragh Cummins
10 Nathan Mullen
11 Finnian Cawley
12 Sean Carrabine
13 Stephen Coen
14 Adrian Marren
15 Kyle Cawley 

Owenmoresider

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 10, 2018, 10:46:10 AM
Sligo Team to face Roscommon in Round 3 of the FBD League
1 Aidan Devaney,
2 Eoin McHugh
3 Peter Laffey
4 Eddie McGuinness
5 Keelan Cawley
6 Paul Kilcoyne
7 Jamie Gillen
8 James Clarke
9 Darragh Cummins
10 Nathan Mullen
11 Finnian Cawley
12 Sean Carrabine
13 Stephen Coen
14 Adrian Marren
15 Kyle Cawley
Good to see newer lads being given a chance to see what they can do. Except in goals obviously  ::)