Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 01, 2014, 11:40:54 AM
To the "David Moyes was hard done by" brigade - do you think if he was left in place United would have signed Di Maria and (hopefully) Falcao. No harm to Moyes but LVG is different gravy.

It's not going to turn around straight away but I love the intent of these signings.
If you don't qualify for CL next season do you think players like Di Maria,Mata,Rooney Van Persie and Falcao will want to spend another season not in the Champions League.
Serious question BTW not taking piss.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

Quote from: laoislad on September 01, 2014, 02:00:26 PM
To the "David Moyes was hard done by" brigade - do you think if he was left in place United would have signed Di Maria and (hopefully) Falcao. No harm to Moyes but LVG is different gravy.

It's not going to turn around straight away but I love the intent of these signings.
If you don't qualify for CL next season do you think players like Di Maria,Mata,Rooney Van Persie and Falcao will want to spend another season not in the Champions League.

You're in bother when you have to say that. :)

laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 01, 2014, 02:02:50 PM

I thought the same thing when I was typing it  ;D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

deiseach

His goals per game record:

Porto: 72 goals in 87 apps
Atletico: 70 goals in 91 apps
Monaco: 13 goals in 22 apps

That's...pretty good *gulp*

AZOffaly

Unreal goal scoring record.

magpie seanie

Well they had better play well enough and score enough goals to make the top 4 then!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: laoislad on September 01, 2014, 02:04:07 PM

Falco is a year loan so he'll go, Rooney will stay Van Persie nearly past his sell by date  and Mata will stay as the wages would be hard to get elsewhere. Can't see a CL position at all unless they put a run together after xmas, as the team not is doing enough to hang on to the poorer (perceived) teams.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Agent Orange

Quote from: gawa316 on August 31, 2014, 09:33:10 PM
Oh btw did EC hack agent oranges account?

One too many watching the football yesterday I was tired and emotional, to quote a certain ex footballer/journalist.

GJL

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 01, 2014, 02:13:41 PM
Quote from: laoislad on September 01, 2014, 02:04:07 PM

Falco is a year loan so he'll go, Rooney will stay Van Persie nearly past his sell by date  and Mata will stay as the wages would be hard to get elsewhere. Can't see a CL position at all unless they put a run together after xmas, as the team not is doing enough to hang on to the poorer (perceived) teams.

I have read that the Falcao deal can be made permanent. I expect results to get a lot better when all of the players are available. I think they should be able to scrape into the top 4.

Minder

So is Falcao the highest paid player at United now ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Agent Orange

Quote from: Minder on September 01, 2014, 02:38:52 PM

R Wayne won't like that.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Minder on September 01, 2014, 02:38:52 PM

If Rooney is on £300k a week that's £15.6M a year. What is Falcao supposedly on?

Hilarious Carragher and especially Thompson's disbelief at Falcao going to United.

AZOffaly

I think Carragher's surprise is because United don't need strikers. Not sure about Thommo.

I thought Falcao's wages were 9 million. Might be wrong though.

sensethetone

Apparently his wages are 9 million euro and thats tax free cos it's Monaco.

rodney trotter

Carragher mustn't be aware that Van Persie needs surgery on his knee. Also Welbeck and Hernandez out of favour and leaving so United do need a striker

Moutinho now being mentioned as a midfield target, good player. Think he is fed up with the exodus at Monaco